Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
I am all over this, will have one as soon as i can swing it
Old 05-10-2008, 01:46 PM

no MB yet
I rented a regular '08 CTS in Vegas a few weeks back because we are in the market for a 4dr and wanted to get a feel for the car in anticipation of the V. Everything about the car felt solid and it was a nice quiet smooth ride. We actually like the "folded paper" design of the car, quirky to most but then so am I. There were a few pieces of the interior (cupholder door, a couple of switches) that are exactly as the nay sayers scream about, cheez-e.
The V will add the newest version magnetic ride suspension and the supercharged engine. That would easily make me forget about the cupholder door!

If someone from Katech has commented about the engine then there would be some validity to what was said, they are very close to GM development but I have to question a negative comment, it's been posted early on that they had a hand in this specific development and I can't believe they would talk ****e about something from their own house?
As for modding, I can't own so much as a toaster without resorting to the Tim Allen mentality but what do you really need to do to a 550hp sedan? Maybe an airbox and some long tubes and clean up the factory programming, do we really think that is gonna scatter parts?

Our other considerations are the C63 or hopes that we will see an RS6 stateside soon. My wife is already sold on the V but we shall see...

Jeff-
Old 05-10-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by adean1979
I'm loving this car on paper. Come on, 550HP/550TQ with luxury for around $65K. It's available with a true manual which I love. That alone will make it feel much more sportier compared to cars like the E55 or RS6. I'm sure the level of fit/finish won't match the high level German sedans but I bet it comes close which will be a bargain for the price. I've read numerous reports where the media was blown away by the improved materials used in the new CTS-V interior. While the motor's not forged like the ZR1, I bet you can safely squeeze out another 50-75 HP with a pulley/tune/exhaust. I know some of you guys will turn your noses up at it b/c it's not German, but I really think this will put Cadillac in high performance sedan contention with the big guys (Audi, BMW, MB).
Attractive, but you will be raped in the a$$ when you try to buy the car, the dealer markup will be huge.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:15 PM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by sack5000
Attractive, but you will be raped in the a$$ when you try to buy the car, the dealer markup will be huge.
I'd never buy a new car anyways. Just wait a year or two for the original owner to take the depreciation/markup hit
Old 05-10-2008, 02:19 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Ketzer
I rented a regular '08 CTS in Vegas a few weeks back because we are in the market for a 4dr and wanted to get a feel for the car in anticipation of the V. Everything about the car felt solid and it was a nice quiet smooth ride. We actually like the "folded paper" design of the car, quirky to most but then so am I. There were a few pieces of the interior (cupholder door, a couple of switches) that are exactly as the nay sayers scream about, cheez-e.
The V will add the newest version magnetic ride suspension and the supercharged engine. That would easily make me forget about the cupholder door!

If someone from Katech has commented about the engine then there would be some validity to what was said, they are very close to GM development but I have to question a negative comment, it's been posted early on that they had a hand in this specific development and I can't believe they would talk ****e about something from their own house?
As for modding, I can't own so much as a toaster without resorting to the Tim Allen mentality but what do you really need to do to a 550hp sedan? Maybe an airbox and some long tubes and clean up the factory programming, do we really think that is gonna scatter parts?

Our other considerations are the C63 or hopes that we will see an RS6 stateside soon. My wife is already sold on the V but we shall see...

Jeff-

+1
Old 05-10-2008, 02:27 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Originally Posted by skooby
Cadillac?

Mercedes?
Old 05-10-2008, 03:31 PM

i like to ride my bike
Awsome!! It got an Opel interior 7:59! yeah right
Old 05-10-2008, 03:46 PM

2010 ss and 2009 cts-v
550hp

some of you guys sound like the guys on the svt forum. nothing better that their svt cobra and the same here. everybody body made bad cars. the cts-v is a nice car. who need more than 550 hp. are you going to race the car everyweek. my z get race every week and i never see no e55 out there. i have a mercedes and i love it, but i know there are faster cars. test drive one and see it. then make a comparsions
Old 05-10-2008, 03:59 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
Originally Posted by F_Porsche
Awsome!! It got an Opel interior 7:59! yeah right
Oh I forgot, the C63 has a better interior!. get real
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55

Are those pucker marks on the seat?
Old 05-10-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...As for modding, I can't own so much as a toaster without resorting to the Tim Allen mentality but what do you really need to do to a 550hp sedan? Maybe an airbox and some long tubes and clean up the factory programming, do we really think that is gonna scatter parts?...
it's an f/i car. the first thing people will do to get quick and easy hp won't be intake or exhaust. they're going to try to increase boost and that's where forged internals come in handy!

look at all the people here going crazy for mods. many are already well over 550hp and still looking for more.

Originally Posted by cam346
some of you guys sound like the guys on the svt forum. nothing better that their svt cobra and the same here. everybody body made bad cars. the cts-v is a nice car. who need more than 550 hp. are you going to race the car everyweek. my z get race every week and i never see no e55 out there. i have a mercedes and i love it, but i know there are faster cars. test drive one and see it. then make a comparsions
well of course you're going to see favoritism around here...why wouldn't you expect that? the v sounds like it's going to finally be a great performer...but that's not what people are picking on now is it. as far as hp is concerned, plenty of people will want more.

and in case you haven't been reading this forum many take their e55's to the track. bring your z out to firebird raceway and i'll show you at least 3-5 mb's every week.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Unless I missed it, I can't tell if the run was made on OEM tires. On a circuit like the Nordschleife, I would bet that you can pick up 20 seconds on tires alone.

I don't think I would ever own that car myself, but there is no denying that GM is trying to improve the performance of that model. Kudos for that.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Junk, don't fall for the GM marketing ploy like I did with my CTS-V. Most unrelieable piece of crap ever produced. I doubt they have made many quality and relieablity improvments in the two years since I purchased my Cadiscrap. I don't car if it was the fastest car ever around the Ring...I still would not buy one. Cadillac and GM left a bad taste in my mounth when the voided my entire warranty because of an aftermarket exhaust system. I am currently on my 7th rear-end in the car. It is no longer stock, it makes well over 500hp at the wheels, but ate up 2 rear-ends when it was bone stock. The third one blew right after the exhaust work and I guess they were sick of seeing it so the voided me!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:32 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by psuball1
Here are some actual pictures taken today at Summit Point.
The interior looks sweeetttt
Old 05-10-2008, 08:58 PM

I can't afford
Originally Posted by jrcart
Junk, don't fall for the GM marketing ploy like I did with my CTS-V. Most unrelieable piece of crap ever produced. I doubt they have made many quality and relieablity improvments in the two years since I purchased my Cadiscrap. I don't car if it was the fastest car ever around the Ring...I still would not buy one. Cadillac and GM left a bad taste in my mounth when the voided my entire warranty because of an aftermarket exhaust system. I am currently on my 7th rear-end in the car. It is no longer stock, it makes well over 500hp at the wheels, but ate up 2 rear-ends when it was bone stock. The third one blew right after the exhaust work and I guess they were sick of seeing it so the voided me!
Yes the previous gen. had rear end issues ( they were addressed ).... What other issues did you have besides wheel hop and rear end? (both easily fixable with some suspension mods and new rearend) I'm not saying that's something you should have to pay for, that's GM's f up.

Naperville Caddy is a bunch of yahoos too, but I'm having the same problem with MBZ, BMW etc. out here in Vegas.

Is your caddy with the loud *** exhaust, I think it was gray or silver? If it was I've seen it around Naperville.

Last edited by Satan; 05-10-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:33 PM

no MB yet
Seven blown rear diffs points to a problem behind the steering wheel.

I believe Mallett has had plenty of success with some very high hp CTSVs. They also use CTSV rear suspension parts on their Solstice LS2 conversions. So, to sum it up, .

Jeff-
Old 05-11-2008, 02:52 AM

Z06, M3, Mini Cooper S. Sold: C55
I've had more problems from my German built cars than the American cars I've owned as of late... sure the German designs are great at first, but build quality is still lacking, electronics are glitchy, and when you take them to the dealer for service it's a joke. I've been treated poorly by BMW and Mercedes service. Heck, my GF is looking at a new car & is probably going to get an IS-F cause the German dealers here suck so badly! I'd welcome this Caddy if it were available now as it would give us another option other than the M3 or 63... I refuse to buy another BMW and Merc isn't far behind, consdering the dealer tried to tell me all that aluminum in the oil of my AMG was normal & that ticking sound was OK (when it was really the internals of a 20k mile AMG motor getting ready to grenade itself).
Old 05-11-2008, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by rbaker
I've had more problems from my German built cars than the American cars I've owned as of late... sure the German designs are great at first, but build quality is still lacking, electronics are glitchy, and when you take them to the dealer for service it's a joke. I've been treated poorly by BMW and Mercedes service. Heck, my GF is looking at a new car & is probably going to get an IS-F cause the German dealers here suck so badly! I'd welcome this Caddy if it were available now as it would give us another option other than the M3 or 63... I refuse to buy another BMW and Merc isn't far behind, consdering the dealer tried to tell me all that aluminum in the oil of my AMG was normal & that ticking sound was OK (when it was really the internals of a 20k mile AMG motor getting ready to grenade itself).
You haven't driven a newer AMG or Mercedes for that matter then.

As for that new CTS-V, it sure does look nice and I can live with 550hp STOCK. Not to mention the new electronics they are using are amazing, the NAV to the audio system.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:02 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 X5 4.4i
Sorry, but the "GM builds junk that falls apart" era has ended. Anecdotally I will note that my BMW has been in the shop more times than the last 3 GM vehicles I owned combined. Don't get me wrong, I love the bimmer, but as far as problems go, the GM stuff has BMW covered in my experience.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:02 AM

Pinto
Originally Posted by psuball1
Here are some actual pictures taken today at Summit Point.
I am loving the front. looks like it's shouting and saying "get the !@#$ out of my way"
Old 05-11-2008, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
I personally love the front end look. Definetly has the, move out of my way biatch look. at one time in my like I would have enjoyed maybe getting one. Unfortunatly for me my wife thinks it looks like a major guido muscle car as I should be driving something with more class.
Also a few people we know with them are over the top guido's(no offense to anyone of italian decent) so thats one more reason I am not allowed to have one. My wife is a bit of a german snob and has turned me into one...
Old 05-11-2008, 09:31 AM

2010 ss and 2009 cts-v
i know their are some owner that go racing ,but here i don't see any. yes i read this forum everyday. their some fast cars here. i like american cars and give them a chance to prove they can compete in a very tough german market of performance cars. e55 and m5 are very tough cars and perform well above many sport cars.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Satan
Yes the previous gen. had rear end issues ( they were addressed ).... What other issues did you have besides wheel hop and rear end? (both easily fixable with some suspension mods and new rearend) I'm not saying that's something you should have to pay for, that's GM's f up.

Naperville Caddy is a bunch of yahoos too, but I'm having the same problem with MBZ, BMW etc. out here in Vegas.

Is your caddy with the loud *** exhaust, I think it was gray or silver? If it was I've seen it around Naperville.

Ya, it's silver and Cadillac in Naperville are the ones who blacklisted it and voided the warranty. It's really built now, but like I said I was eating rear-ends when it was stock. It had several elocronics issues as well. JUNK, I am supposed to be getting one of the first ZR1's but I am still on the fence as to weather or not I am going to get one because of my bad experiences with GM over the past couiple of years. I have had nor priblems with BMW, I bring modded cars into them and they never say squat...then again I have not had any major warranty items on any of my Bimmers.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 AMG
I race my car quit a bit...usually on the drag strip, but have been known to enjoy the twistys a little

there are a lot of people around this and other forums which race their MB's

Last edited by Fr33kn63; 05-11-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Seven blown rear diffs points to a problem behind the steering wheel.

I believe Mallett has had plenty of success with some very high hp CTSVs. They also use CTSV rear suspension parts on their Solstice LS2 conversions. So, to sum it up, .

Jeff-
KETZER; you have no clue of what you are talking about...do you own a V? Anyone and everyone that owns one knows about the rear-ends, has nothing to do with the driver. GM has issues countless service bulletins about the rear-ends, even changed out the entire unit in the final year of it's production. Don't believe me? Take a ride over to your cadi dealership and reference the part numbers. As for the Solstice...it's a 2800 pound car, I would hope some CTS-V suspension parts would hold up on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Cadillac CTS-V is the fastest 4dr around the 'Ring, ever - 7:59