Sponsored by:

question about euro impact strips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 e55 wagon
question about euro impact strips

So my dumb *** scraped my right front impact strip against my garage entrance while pulling in one morning last week after dropping my kid off at school. The garage barely felt a thing, but my impact strip and marker light are toast. So I'm thinking of purchasing the euro impact strips since I have to replace one anyway. I'm wondering about the error I'm seeing on the multi-function display though. Right now, it's telling me that my right front marker light is out. If I replace that impact strip with the euro version that doesn't even have a light, will I still have this error (and now for both sides), or is there something that plugs in that completes the circuit and therefore doesn't trip the fault or what?

BTW, I was quoted 300 euros for both strips painted and shipped internationally. That would be a good price if it wasn't for the damn tanking of the dollar ...
Old 05-23-2008, 07:34 PM

2004 E55
why pay 300 euros when you can get them from James @ creative for $300!!

i am going to order some soon but have not heard anything about his product yet so take this as a recommendation.

as for the error code, you can have it removed with STAR diags...
Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
why pay 300 euros when you can get them from James @ creative for $300!!

i am going to order some soon but have not heard anything about his product yet so take this as a recommendation.

as for the error code, you can have it removed with STAR diags...
Do you recommend them? I definitely don't. I'd check to make sure they are OEM parts and not waiting to be shipped.
The price did go up on them a bit but it is still a fair one considering how clean the car looks.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
u can just tie the sidemarker inside with a ziptie...
euro impact strip FTW!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I'd cover the light if you are just going to tuck it in. steve@mbenznl wrapped mine in a thick cloth tape so that no light escapes.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 AM

06 e55 wagon
So I actually need to have a light plugged in but under the impact strip cover? Or have the error removed via STAR? And can someone provide the link to the james @ creative option?
Old 05-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by joshd
So I actually need to have a light plugged in but under the impact strip cover? Or have the error removed via STAR? And can someone provide the link to the james @ creative option?
Yes, you either need to take the old light and fixture and tape it up under the panel or have star turn that feature off. If not, you will get the bulb burned out warning each time your lights come on. The only other options are to put in a resistor to mimic the bulb (but I hear they burn out fast and need changing) or to paint the light fixture the color of your car. You can get the creative info elsewhere, cause I just can't watch. Get ready for customs, on the way, etc.