Drove E63 for First Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Drove E63 for First Time

Not trying to **** anyone off, merely share my view and possibly discuss......
Also, I've driven plenty of V12 AMG benzes, bentley continental (12cyl biturbo), new Z06 (big nat. asp. motor) etc etc BUT never had an opportunity for 63 amg engine yet

So..... the other day I drove an E63 for a bit........ needless to say I was quite excited....

As expected I was not blown away or shocked on "what an improvement" the ENGINE was...... 7-speed tranny on other hand is smooth and not quite so jerky as 5speed....... cosmetic upgrades are nice (steering wheel, gauges, paddle shifters, front bumper, wheels, trunklid, etc)

On that note I didn't personally find the car comparable to 55 kompressor, even as a DIFFERENT but equal machine. It truly did shine above about 5000 rpm but Im pretty sure I would miss the low end grunt and feel of supercharger engaging......
Plus I think I want a stick - I love MB but do believe I'm going to pickup a slightly used RS4 or 997 turbo when the time comes.....
Once again, no offenses intended
Old 05-28-2008, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Not trying to **** anyone off, merely share my view and possibly discuss......
Also, I've driven plenty of V12 AMG benzes, bentley continental (12cyl biturbo), new Z06 (big nat. asp. motor) etc etc BUT never had an opportunity for 63 amg engine yet

So..... the other day I drove an E63 for a bit........ needless to say I was quite excited....

As expected I was not blown away or shocked on "what an improvement" the ENGINE was...... 7-speed tranny on other hand is smooth and not quite so jerky as 5speed....... cosmetic upgrades are nice (steering wheel, gauges, paddle shifters, front bumper, wheels, trunklid, etc)

On that note I didn't personally find the car comparable to 55 kompressor, even as a DIFFERENT but equal machine. It truly did shine above about 5000 rpm but Im pretty sure I would miss the low end grunt and feel of supercharger engaging......
Plus I think I want a stick - I love MB but do believe I'm going to pickup a slightly used RS4 or 997 turbo when the time comes.....
Once again, no offenses intended

Thanks for the comparison. Sounds like a 55 or 63 would not be your first choice right now.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
No, no,no,no, no, this was much too gracious an exchange !
Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't do the RS4....I came from there......