2006 E55 AMG...to buy or not to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
2006 E55 AMG...to buy or not to buy?

Hello everyone this is my first post here on Mbworld and wanted to start of by saying HI. I'm in the market for a 2006 E55 AMG and I need some help on a vehicle I found here in California. It seems that this particular vehicle was a Mercedes buy back / Lemon law. The dealership disclosed the reasons for the buy back and states that everything is working order. Here is the exact disclosure. Could I please ask the opinions of members here on MBworld on whether or not this should be a big concern. Thank you.

"Note to California residents: This 2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sport Sedan was reacquired from its original owner by Mercedes-Benz USA due to non-conformity associated with a warranty repair. Non-conformity - Warranty issue: "Check engine light is on." - Correction: "Performed DTB-P-B-14.30/15B, replaced air pump, relay, check valve, and front SAM control unit and coded SAM control unit." - Warranty issue: "Stereo routes all bass to front and mid speakers." - Correction: "Performed DTB-P-B-82.60/382, performed procedure 1 and 2 for audio gateway control unit software and version coded."- The vehicle has been thoroughly inspected and the non-conformities listed above have been corrected - Repaired by Mercedes-Benz!

Mercedes-Benz corrected non conformity under factory warranty and placed the car back in service. We have all paperwork from Mercedes-Benz to confirm the car meets all quality standards. Mercedes-Benz provided us with the disclosure of the issue, which you as the new owner will have to sign. CA law requires that a CA title be noted with a Manufacturer Buyback / Lemon Law Buyback. This process does not affect the factory warranty in any way and the car currently has the Full Balance of Mercedes-Benz Factory Warranty for 4 Years/50,000 miles valid until 12-30-2009 or 50,000 miles whichever occurs first. Further, car qualifies for extended warranty"
Old 05-28-2008, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Hello everyone this is my first post here on Mbworld and wanted to start of by saying HI. I'm in the market for a 2006 E55 AMG and I need some help on a vehicle I found here in California. It seems that this particular vehicle was a Mercedes buy back / Lemon law. The dealership disclosed the reasons for the buy back and states that everything is working order. Here is the exact disclosure. Could I please ask the opinions of members here on MBworld on whether or not this should be a big concern. Thank you.

"Note to California residents: This 2006 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sport Sedan was reacquired from its original owner by Mercedes-Benz USA due to non-conformity associated with a warranty repair. Non-conformity - Warranty issue: "Check engine light is on." - Correction: "Performed DTB-P-B-14.30/15B, replaced air pump, relay, check valve, and front SAM control unit and coded SAM control unit." - Warranty issue: "Stereo routes all bass to front and mid speakers." - Correction: "Performed DTB-P-B-82.60/382, performed procedure 1 and 2 for audio gateway control unit software and version coded."- The vehicle has been thoroughly inspected and the non-conformities listed above have been corrected - Repaired by Mercedes-Benz!

Mercedes-Benz corrected non conformity under factory warranty and placed the car back in service. We have all paperwork from Mercedes-Benz to confirm the car meets all quality standards. Mercedes-Benz provided us with the disclosure of the issue, which you as the new owner will have to sign. CA law requires that a CA title be noted with a Manufacturer Buyback / Lemon Law Buyback. This process does not affect the factory warranty in any way and the car currently has the Full Balance of Mercedes-Benz Factory Warranty for 4 Years/50,000 miles valid until 12-30-2009 or 50,000 miles whichever occurs first. Further, car qualifies for extended warranty"

Welcome!

Its really not an issue with the car's mechanism's, this is strictly a resale issue.

If you are goingto keep the car , then the "Lemon" title is a non issue. The re-sale of the car becomes more difficult due to this scarlet label.

E55 prices are going lower as are all AMG's cept brand new models. So if you wish to keep the car for a long while then sounds like a great choice
Old 05-28-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 / 2008 E63
My advice, spend the same $$$ on an 04 or 05 and sleep better at night. CPO is advised as well. Had my 05 4 months now and leveraged the CPO twice.

Regarding the car and not logic, the most kick *** experience in the world. Every time I get behind the wheel the heart pounds and the blood pressure goes up. And that's the people driving next to me!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 PM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL

Jmane55 has his up for sale or lease takeover.
He got the sweet deal and is to someone's advantage.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:51 PM

2005 E55
I'm in the market for a 2006 E55 AMG and I need some help on a vehicle I found here in California.

i was watching this car too.

i never looked at it, but i has been listed on ebay for like the last 6 months.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:12 PM

2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Given the cars issues and the fact it’s been on the market for some time, I would expect that you could negotiate a further substantial knock down of the asking price.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Thanks guys. I decided that it wasn't worth the risk and ended up getting a even better deal 45 minutes away from home at a MB dealership. I purchased a 2006 E55 AMG with 25k miles and I ended up walking out the door after tax and licensing for 57k. As for options it has Keyless go, Parktronics, P01 package, and the stock rims chromed. It has never been in an accident and all maintenance records are in tack. The most important thing is I purchased it from a MB dealership and it's a certified pre own vehicle which included a extra 2 years ($4,000 option) on top of the 12 month factory extension warranty on certified vehicles. Basically I have 4 years or 75,000 miles remaining of my warranty. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. By the way it's black on black and I can't believe the power this thing has. I will definitely be lurking around and asking you guru's a bunch of questions.

After I got home I noticed there were no floor mats...should this be included? I will contact my salesman tomorrow to find out but I have a funny feeling it's not included, especially after being such a hard a$$ on the negotiation Anyways I will also be looking into all weather floor mats...any suggestion? I was also thinking of adding some type of blue-tooth feature, has anyone done this outside of MB and what would you recommend?

Last edited by bassn_07; 05-30-2008 at 02:39 AM.