W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*****KLEEMAN STAGE V RUNS ANOTHER 11.470*****ADVICE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 04:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Better intercooler / going turbo is the only way things are going to get better from a "bolt-on".

Neither of these two are freely available or easily implemented.

The Renntech SLR style intercoolers are nice but not sure how they perform... not many guys have them.

So that leaves traction ... 16" rims with larger profile drag radials should help the 60' and get you to your target.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Bigger 175mm pulleys
Old 06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by stevebez
...So that leaves traction ... 16" rims with larger profile drag radials should help the 60' and get you to your target.
even that doesn't help like it should and i believe it's because of the new tq limitering software. my 60ft times are almost identical going from 19" heavy rims with street rubber to 16" superlight ccw's with d/r's.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
even that doesn't help like it should and i believe it's because of the new tq limitering software. my 60ft times are almost identical going from 19" heavy rims with street rubber to 16" superlight ccw's with d/r's.
Same here, just more consistent with the mt's at least for me. With the mt's small burn-out large burn-out same results dead hook. With the torque we make chiro we should be running high 1.5's, tcu/ecu.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by rflow306
Same here, just more consistent with the mt's at least for me. With the mt's small burn-out large burn-out same results dead hook. With the torque we make chiro we should be running high 1.5's, tcu/ecu.
100% agreed.

on one hand i hate this limiting software because i know i should be running better 60ft's than 1.69 but on the other i can appreciate not breaking drive train parts having already twisting an axle and wasting a diff! i guess we need to be careful what we wish for.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Thanks everyone for your time and effort. All responses have been helpful. I have some of my thoughts on comments below. And ROCK, I put you in the GREAT DRIVER category!! Thanks Albert for comments too. For now, I am going to get a Q LSD and MOTHER NATURE to get me my .15 tenths. I realize the Q LSD wont give me more HP or TQ, but perhaps a tad better on the launch and more importantly, save my rear end.

Originally Posted by Tech-Tune
Geez, I wish I had those kinds of problems...
Thanks Alex and I will keep you in mind about my CAMS if I change my mind.

Originally Posted by RippedUpMan
Have you thought about installing the VRP intercooler / heat exchanger? I know the stock pumps are trash, and replacing with a bigger pump helps, but the stock heat exchanger is TINY!!! This may be enough to squeeze out the time you need. It will probably be the least expensive mod you make to the car. I think retail the "kit" sells for around 1500 or so. I am about to have one installed on my CL55. I will dyno before and after if that helps.....

J
Already have the CODE 3 Heat Exchanger whcih seems to work very effectively. Did 4 hot laps within 20 minutes and no decrease to ET's.
Originally Posted by juicee63
Awwwww pooor Kleeman car only running 11.47's LOL HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

comon bro, its all in the 60 ft time

You need to 60 like yer buddy Tracshun. 1.63 5/100ths= 4x by the end of the run .2 off 11.47 = 11.27

Your trap speed likely has topped out , unless you can run @-1500 ft Then well then you would already own the top spot
Juicee, I wish it were that easy. My beast is going to have a hard time doing better than 1.684, however, I will keep at it.

Originally Posted by chiromikey
i'm not sure airbox/tubes are enough, at least i haven't heard/seen any evidence that they've been proven at the track and an lsd won't help either. imho, the only way to get lower 60ft times (and possibly et's) is to get rid of the tq limiters in the ecu/tcu and i'm not sure thats been track proven to be possible by any tuners yet (even though it's been claimed by most). a larger pulley might help a bit but the easiest solution besides the high dollar slr style coolers or n2o is waiting for fall and running in better conditions.
Mike, I am in your camp on this one. I thought maybe the Renntech or VRP airboxes would give me the need HP I am looking for but not sure for the BIG BUCKS, it would get me my .15 ET I am looking for. Sure would be nice if I could test drive one out and see if it would do it. Any ideas???

Originally Posted by Rock
More bolt-on crap is not going to help you Roland (If it can..... somebody please prove it).

A perfect launch and the right weather conditions may get you there so I would focus on those two things.

DJ and Albert ran those 11.3's some time ago and that was before Albert had cams and I think DJ only had headers/pulley/ECU.

Listen, it all comes down to driver skill when trying to get the best et on motor only (That's why I can only muster an 11.7......I have none).

So what's moral of the story? A modified E55 (Headers/pulley/ECU + whatever other crap you decide to bolt on) is an 11.6-11.9 sec car @ 120-124mph. A modified E55 (Headers/pulley/ECU + whatever other crap you decide to bolt on and great driver) is an 11.3-11.5 sec car @ 120-124mph.
Thanks for the complilment Dave. I may wait another year for more mods and give MOTHER NATURE a few more chances. It's the safest and least expensive way to go for now, although the Q LSD is a must for me before i go to the track again.

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Bigger 175mm pulleys
I am going to stay away from a larger pulley. No more heat and stress on the engine for me.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Cheapest and easiest answer is weight reduction.

I am gunning for the same time you are. I really want to pull the trigger on the VRP cams but I'm a little weary. Lets see if some weight mods and 1.5 PSI of more boost can cut .14s off my time Also gonna get some smaller drag wheels with mt et streets this time. When I ran the 11.48 I had an advanced auto battery (heavvvyyyyy) and a full nitrous bottle in the trunk.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Cheapest and easiest answer is weight reduction.

+1