W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMS tuning - this is how they describe what they do and the gains.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 e55 and an 07 ML320 cdi
dude, i can deal with tough rooms...i'm not new to forums, just here...

this is a big forum and full of fascinating stuff, so instead of trawling it all, i thought i'd go in the deep end and ask questions.

i got a mixture of responses, which didnt suprise me, but what did suprise me was the number that

a/ didnt even read my original post properly before they responded

b/ jumped to the conclusion because they were an unknown tuner and outside of the states, that they must be talking ****...

i only came here to cross check what i was being told was current, which i am happy it is...the dyno will tell me what the actual increase in power is, and more to the point, so will driving it...if the stock car is 479 hp ( this might not even be correct) and it comes in a 550 plus, for the money, i'll be happy.

it took some provocation to even get noticed, but i have broad shoulders and it worked,

pics to follow as i havent even taken any of the e55, but here's the csl and the Ml for now.

and here's my VDC if anyone rocks the old school bmx

apologies if i upset anyone..not my intention at all.

Jt

E55 to follow
Old 06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i think it's worth pointing out that this forum is absolutely in no way biased against non-american based tuners. I've seen more u.s. based tuners get torched for making similar claims around here so NO ONE has the right to push that damned pc agenda on this board.

with that said, if anyone falls for the claim of over 100 hp from a pulley and tune only they deserve to part with their money...especially if that happens after reading the wealth of info found here!

either way, do yourself a favor and get a before and after dyno from an INDEPENDENT shop or even better, before and after 1/4mile times.

Last edited by chiromikey; 06-11-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 359 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i think it's worth pointing out that this forum is absolutely in no way biased against non-american based tuners. I've seen more u.s. based tuners get torched for making similar claims around here so NO ONE has the right to push that damned pc agenda on this board.

with that said, if anyone falls for the claim of over 100 hp from a pulley and tune only they deserve to part with their money...especially if that happens after reading the wealth of info found here!

either way, do yourself a favor and get a before and after dyno from an INDEPENDENT shop or even better, before and after 1/4mile times.
+1- We nuke US and non-US tuners alike here. Truth is only found in before and after dynos on the same machine.

P.S.- Lovely CSL, I've always wanted one.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
+1- We nuke US and non-US tuners alike here. Truth is only found in before and after dynos on the same machine.
+1 +1 +1
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by approved
dude, i can deal with tough rooms...i'm not new to forums, just here...

this is a big forum and full of fascinating stuff, so instead of trawling it all, i thought i'd go in the deep end and ask questions.

i got a mixture of responses, which didnt suprise me, but what did suprise me was the number that

a/ didnt even read my original post properly before they responded

b/ jumped to the conclusion because they were an unknown tuner and outside of the states, that they must be talking ****...

i only came here to cross check what i was being told was current, which i am happy it is...the dyno will tell me what the actual increase in power is, and more to the point, so will driving it...if the stock car is 479 hp ( this might not even be correct) and it comes in a 550 plus, for the money, i'll be happy.

it took some provocation to even get noticed, but i have broad shoulders and it worked,

pics to follow as i havent even taken any of the e55, but here's the csl and the Ml for now.

and here's my VDC if anyone rocks the old school bmx

apologies if i upset anyone..not my intention at all.

Jt

E55 to follow
I don't get something...

Your bimmer is RHD in the pics, yet the guages, odo, etc. are all coded for the US market in mph, miles, etc...

WTF?
Old 06-11-2008, 05:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 S55 AMG silver
Originally Posted by CWW
I don't get something...

Your bimmer is RHD in the pics, yet the guages, odo, etc. are all coded for the US market in mph, miles, etc...

WTF?
If he lives in the UK, they also use the Miles, etc. They do not use the Metric system in England.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by iceman4149
If he lives in the UK, they also use the Miles, etc. They do not use the Metric system in England.
what he said.

its in manchester, england

CSL's rock....
Old 06-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Nice CSL, too bad they did not bring it to US.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
what he said.

its in manchester, england

CSL's rock....
OIC. Blonde moment there. Lol...

That one really had me flummoxed for a moment...
Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Nice CSL, too bad they did not bring it to US.
are there none out there?

thats ridiculous!!!

they are sublime and punch well about there weight...a well driven one will sit right up there with gt3 rs etc on the nordschlieffe, no problem...

a true classic in the making.

if you can get them in, then you should bring some in...they are brilliant.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 AM

E63 biturbo
I have used DMS before. Their pulley is smaller than the ASP one but better quality. No way it is making 600bhp though, at most 530-550bhp.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:54 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
are there none out there?

thats ridiculous!!!

they are sublime and punch well about there weight...a well driven one will sit right up there with gt3 rs etc on the nordschlieffe, no problem...

a true classic in the making.

if you can get them in, then you should bring some in...they are brilliant.
Well in fairness we did get the competition package, which is basically the CSL minus the coolest part of the whole car: The carbon-fiber body parts.

I just stumbled across this article, that says BMW didn't want to pay for the DOT crash testing etc. they would have had to do because of the materials change in the bodyshell, especially because the new M3 was right around the corner, so they cheaped out and never brought it to the US.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105396

That's sucky.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:03 AM

crying shame...

one of the coolest/most balanced cars i've ever driven...
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
From their website...

"For the awesome supercharged V8 our Stage 1 engine management upgrade gives improved top end power allowing the engine to rev much harder above 5500 Rpm, this also leads to sportier up shifts through the gears, especially from 2nd to 3rd gear. Part of this conversion includes the optional raising of the speed limiter either to 186 mph (300 km/h) or removed completely giving the car genuine 200 mph+ capability. BHP and torque are increased over standard by around +40BHP and +45 lb/ft/

The 55 supercharged engines are superbly engineered and mechanically capable of producing far higher power outputs than offered by Mercedes.

DMS offer a Stage 2 option which includes the above engine management upgrade but combined with drive changes to the Supercharger. These changes allow the use of a further 0.2 bar of boost. This increase is well within operating criteria of the unit. The resultant changes increase BHP and torque over standard by +90BHP and +95 lb/ft.

With 600 BHP this conversion places the 55K in a very exclusive class.
"

So 469+90 = 559hp.... and we all know the 469 is underrated, so who knows until we see a dyno print.

Not bashing them (I actually considerd them) but I went with Wetterrauer 'coz I got a 3 year drivetrain warranty for $300, as well as their mod & parts being TUV certified.