C63 forum...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
So what should we do?
WHAT ON EARTH should we all do here?
How can we differentiate ourselves, if not by our "stinking" BADGES?
"E is more evolved than C"
"517 HP is more than 451 HP"
"their logo is on the grille too!!"

DAMMIT! Whatever shall we do?????????!!

IQ Test?
List your net worth?
How about measuring dick size. Let's get limbic. That should do it.

What's more entertaining... the young kids on the C63 forum or some of the inspired comments in this thread?

I'm here to learn more about the 6.2L, and hopefully connect with other enthusiasts... not have an automotive class war with poseurs.

Human nature is fascinating. Cheers!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by UBERKAR
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH I put fake badges on my E550 and the guys at Powerchip are STILL making fun of what a douchetool I am. I've never talked with an AMG engineer in my life but I do read a lot about AMG's on the internet while trying to make my E-class look like one. I talk about weight reduction on a 4,000lb. car like it matters when my motor doesn't even make 400 ponies.
You realize the only reason you haven't been banned for making another forum name is because the mods want us to humiliate you, right?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Is UBERKAR the same idiot that posted those pics a couple months ago of the Black E350/550 with AMG badges on it??? LOL! He must be hungry for a second course of OWNAGE...
Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Is UBERKAR the same idiot that posted those pics a couple months ago of the Black E350/550 with AMG badges on it??? LOL! He must be hungry for a second course of OWNAGE...
Exact same guy. The thread went on and on and on ...
Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
I'm ashamed to say this as a C32 owner but I agree with the these guys about C-class owners making incoherent sentences. It hurts my eyes to read bad grammar. I think of it as if it were insulting my intelligence and those on these boards.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Guys

I would like to chime in on this one, despite that every bone in my body says I should steer clear and keep my thougths to myself.

I loved my E55, missed it from the day I sold it and I continue to love the E55forum - by far the most savvy enthusiasts on mbworld IMHO. You guys provide most of my entertainement during my daily grind - many thanks for thatt.

Two years ago I was then seduced by the shape of the CLS and bought a CLS55. I absolutely love the shape, but the car is not nearly as practical for me as my E55. I get compliments on my car every day yet I never recieved one on my E55. However this car (CLS) attracts a VERY different crowd compared to the E, and possibly its not the crowd that I really aspire to. The CLS55 forum interests and discussion attest to this, and for me these two completely different customer bases indicate completely different buying motivations and rationales. Kudos to MB for nailing two divergent markets.

Now onto the C63. Of course at its price point it too will attract a very different crowd. Younger and less affluent for sure. That does not mean that affluent, intelligent, savvy and older buyers will not be attracted to it. I have driven teh C63 and driven it in anger, and I will tell you that if you respect motor car performance, this little C63 is way more of a sports car than my E55 was or my CLS55 will ever be.

Does that mean I want to hang out and shoot the breeze on that forum? Not so much. If I am tempted to buy one (and I am) I will still hang out with my friends here at W211 and learn from their wise and humorous contributions.

And yes there are some dumb posts over yonder, but we have had our fair share here.

Congrats to MB for coming up at last with an AMG that really does perform like a sports sedan. I am thrilled that this car has landed - I think all of us can now sleep better at night since it appears that MB is moving towards a more complete sports package. (not that I think there is anything wrong with a supercharged, highly modifyable rocket that just kills from traffic light to traffic light)

Peace out
Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by siswati
Guys

I would like to chime in on this one, despite that every bone in my body says I should steer clear and keep my thougths to myself.

I loved my E55, missed it from the day I sold it and I continue to love the E55forum - by far the most savvy enthusiasts on mbworld IMHO. You guys provide most of my entertainement during my daily grind - many thanks for thatt.

Two years ago I was then seduced by the shape of the CLS and bought a CLS55. I absolutely love the shape, but the car is not nearly as practical for me as my E55. I get compliments on my car every day yet I never recieved one on my E55. However this car (CLS) attracts a VERY different crowd compared to the E, and possibly its not the crowd that I really aspire to. The CLS55 forum interests and discussion attest to this, and for me these two completely different customer bases indicate completely different buying motivations and rationales. Kudos to MB for nailing two divergent markets.

Now onto the C63. Of course at its price point it too will attract a very different crowd. Younger and less affluent for sure. That does not mean that affluent, intelligent, savvy and older buyers will not be attracted to it. I have driven teh C63 and driven it in anger, and I will tell you that if you respect motor car performance, this little C63 is way more of a sports car than my E55 was or my CLS55 will ever be.

Does that mean I want to hang out and shoot the breeze on that forum? Not so much. If I am tempted to buy one (and I am) I will still hang out with my friends here at W211 and learn from their wise and humorous contributions.

And yes there are some dumb posts over yonder, but we have had our fair share here.

Congrats to MB for coming up at last with an AMG that really does perform like a sports sedan. I am thrilled that this car has landed - I think all of us can now sleep better at night since it appears that MB is moving towards a more complete sports package. (not that I think there is anything wrong with a supercharged, highly modifyable rocket that just kills from traffic light to traffic light)

Peace out
I don't think anyone is really knocking the C63 on here, or at least I have not taken it that way. I think they are talking about the arrogant, know-it-all, somewhat ignorant attitudes of many (not all) that are posting over there. I personally love the C63, I have said it before and I say it again, I think it is one of the best, most agressive looking cars in the AMG line up. If it made 50-75 more HP out of the box I would buy one for a summer DD. As for the "less affluent" point, I hardly consider a nerarly $70,000 car "affordable" for the masses. The average car price in the U.S is hovering somewhere around $31,500. I think the bottom line is you are getting a lot of guys that have stepped up (like most of us have at one point in our lives) from a standard 3-series Bimmer or C-class M-B or even out of an Accord or VW Passat into their first AMG. Most have never owned a high performance automobile before, most are in over their heads knowledge wise and driving skills wise. They will self correct in time.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think anyone is really knocking the C63 on here, or at least I have not taken it that way. I think they are talking about the arrogant, know-it-all, somewhat ignorant attitudes of many (not all) that are posting over there. I personally love the C63, I have said it before and I say it again, I think it is one of the best, most agressive looking cars in the AMG line up. If it made 50-75 more HP out of the box I would buy one for a summer DD. As for the "less affluent" point, I hardly consider a nerarly $70,000 car "affordable" for the masses. The average car price in the U.S is hovering somewhere around $31,500. I think the bottom line is you are getting a lot of guys that have stepped up (like most of us have at one point in our lives) from a standard 3-series Bimmer or C-class M-B or even out of an Accord or VW Passat into their first AMG. Most have never owned a high performance automobile before, most are in over their heads knowledge wise and driving skills wise. They will self correct in time.

+1 well said.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
So what should we do?

IQ Test?
List your net worth?

What's more entertaining... the young kids on the C63 forum or some of the inspired comments in this thread?

I'm here to learn more about the 6.2L, and hopefully connect with other enthusiasts... not have an automotive class war with poseurs.

Best laugh I've had this morning.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:32 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck
So what should we do?

IQ Test?
List your net worth?

Sorry Hans,
Noone ever answered your question. I vote for measuring dick size. These are AMG boards afterall. As was often said back in the 60s - Let it all hang out.

btw, Hans, you MUST know the story of "Little Hans," made famous by no less than Freud himself, no?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by UBERKAR

Im just thinking aloud
but after talking with alot of the AMG and Mercedes engineers
and test driving the C63, the thing is that MErcedes developed the new C class from the ground up, for the first time in its history with CATIA
computer aided design, the same program that Boeing used to invent the 777
and C17 tankers, and so, its really revolutionary, new, and uses all new parts,
chasis design, layout, interior, electronics, and mercedes people told me this was a test platform to carry over to the new model changes in 2010
including the E class will be heavily based on the current C technology.

this includes the engine and exhaust technologies, interior, electronics,
chasis, layout etc.. and will carry on through the line, to some degree or another.. to other models as well...

it is also the first AMG model to be co designed by AMG and MERC, and AMG designed the engine and other parts from the ground up, rather than the past where they were handed a base engine and car and merely tweaked it..

this has also been mentioned many times by car industry experts such as
Road and Track, TOP Gear, CAR, MOTOR WEEK etc..
and they AMG engineers also tout the new abilities of handling, and such using the C 63 in their AMG test training courses etc like in FINLAND,
and throught europe including the artic circle sliding around on a frozen lake with it at 120 mph lol

so that all said it is a pretty big change and welcomed by many and seems to be a pretty good car that the new W212 will be largely similiar to.. just with more of it..

so I figure we should embrace MErcedes and AMG's great effort to really come up with a ground up new design, instead of the last 10 years where they have been merely tweaking existing platforms.

lets hope it goes as well as it seems to be going with the C 63, as all the auto press seems to luv and car.. and its winning alot of awards so far..

just my expierence but seems to be true

keep our fingers crossed the best new features make it onto the w212
and the lesser features dont lol
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

AMGs
Guys

Peace out
Very well said.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:07 PM

08 E63
Guys

Peace out
Nicely put Danny..Hope to see you at the track soon..maybe October I have mine on order..
Old 06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
+2
Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Guys

Peace out
Great response Danny, your impartial opinions add a great deal of balance to MBworld.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Most have never owned a high performance automobile before, most are in over their heads knowledge wise and driving skills wise. They will self correct in time.
Probably sooner rather than later.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Hi 2k6e55, Shelley and Albert

thanks for the support. Albert - sorry I messed up and forgot to remind you of the Double SCCA Enduro at Homestead this past weekend. You missed out on the appearance of Danny's Anglels! Got the pole on both days, and finished 4th on Saturday. On Sunday I got lucky and took the win on the last turn of a 1-1/2 hour race. Pretty thrilling.

Heres the post regarding the race on the Spec Miata Forum featuring Danny's Angels!!

and heres a link to the video of the last two laps of Sunday's race at Homestead

And just in case you think I have had it easy this season, heres a video of me hitting the wall at turn 1 at Road Altanta at 90mph only a few weeks ago. Fortunately the belts did not destroy the family jewels and we were able to rebuild the car and get wins at Barber Motorsports Park two weeks ago and and again at Homestead this past weekend

And guys, it was the fun I had at the various AMG challenges over the past two years, and the encouragement I got from Jeff Andretti, Linda Pobst and Tommie Kendall that got me into racing. You really should attend each and every event that you can. They are a real blast. I am very grateful to AMG and MB!

Last edited by siswati; 06-19-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55

thanks for the support. Albert - sorry I messed up and forgot to remind you of the Double SCCA Enduro at Homestead this past weekend. You missed out on the appearance of Danny's Anglels! Got the pole on both days, and finished 4th on Saturday. On Sunday I got lucky and took the win on the last turn of a 1-1/2 hour race. Pretty thrilling.

Heres the post regarding the race on the Spec Miata Forum featuring Danny's Angels!!

and heres a link to the video of the last two laps of Sunday's race at Homestead

And just in case you think I have had it easy this season, heres a video of me hitting the wall at turn 1 at Road Altanta at 90mph only a few weeks ago. Fortunately the belts did not destroy the family jewels and we were able to rebuild the car and get wins at Barber Motorsports Park two weeks ago and and again at Homestead this past weekend

And guys, it was the fun I had at the various AMG challenges over the past two years, and the encouragement I got from Jeff Andretti, Linda Pobst and Tommie Kendall that got me into racing. You really should attend each and every event that you can. They are a real blast. I am very grateful to AMG and MB!
Wow after watching the link all I can say is you suck for not reminding me.

Congrats on the success.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030

WOW thanks for sharing , that was amazing footage!!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Guys

I would like to chime in on this one, despite that every bone in my body says I should steer clear and keep my thougths to myself....
Good post, sir.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 AM

'81 Mondial 8
Originally Posted by Fast55
Probably sooner rather than later.
I tend to agree with you. I posted a thread over at cadillacforums.com stating that I thought the new CTS-V might be too much horsepower for the money, and certainly for the average driver. Supercar power for <$70k. [It had mixed results ]

I guess the good news is there will be plenty of parts available
Old 06-20-2008, 01:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
Originally Posted by Familycar
btw, Hans, you MUST know the story of "Little Hans," made famous by no less than Freud himself, no?
No I don't know that! I'm only familiar with the "Young Frankenstein" Hans...

I was afraid to check this thread today, fearing my cheap-wine-induced post had offended someone, and I apologize if it did. Thankfully, there are some really insightful people here and I think things are simmering down....

I would like to stick around these forums... at least until banned.
Although, I did get pulled over tonight for taking off quickly from a stoplight. DOH!! I told him I was playing with my paddles. He asked what kind of car it was and let me go.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another shining example.....

Another shining example of the stunning intellectual minds in the C63 forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=1#post2894686

This guy can't even spell mph (miles per hour). And he just got a ticket for doing over 100 and racing a week ago.

Your Darwin Award is in the mail, mthis.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Another shining example of the stunning intellectual minds in the C63 forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=1#post2894686

This guy can't even spell mph (miles per hour). And he just got a ticket for doing over 100 and racing a week ago.

Your Darwin Award is in the mail, mthis.
Why do you continue to frequent the forum if it is so far beneath your obvious prowess and Caste?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Why do you continue to frequent the forum if it is so far beneath your obvious prowess and Caste?
Laughs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 forum...