Luxury Motors - any good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Audi S4 - 2009 Jetta DD
Luxury Motors - any good?

Has anyone dealt with the company http://www.luxurymotors.com/

Thinking of doing business with them but I am not located in one of thier cities. They claim to do most of their business on-line. Any experience with these folks at all good or bad?

Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited by likewater; 06-16-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
im almost positive someone on here just got a car from them

i think they rated them as bad
Old 06-16-2008, 06:59 PM

Thanks. I just did a search and found some interesting info. Not all good which make me leary to say the least.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:15 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
That might be the place my Brother got his MB. Let me ask him before you deal with them. If it is them I will PM u....
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
be VERY carefull when dealing with them. I haven't bought any cars from them but I have been to thier location in Chicago as a serious buyer.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM

S211 AMG
Don't do it.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
I bought my car there, no hassles.

I did feel like showering afterwards.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Fleebee
Don't do it.
Care to elaborate a little?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
It was posted on here before -- I will have to search -- but I believe the website dealerrater.com has comments.....

I bought mine from there, my transaction had a few minor setbacks (one key and no front floormats) -- they mailed new floormats but never got a key....
service and communication, etc was good, really no problems and if I was CAREFUL i would use them again, w next to wholesale prices-
BUT heard they buy salvage/flood cars... took the VIN on car I was considering, ran it at my local MB dealer to get previous owners name, called him, talked extensively about the car and whatnot, and made sure what i was buying....

Do your homework/research!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Lu...-review-19347/
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM

05 e55
Dont do it. Iv heard alot of horror stories from them.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
There are a lot of cars out there right now so you might be able to find a good one at Luxury Motors. Let me warn you to work really hard before pulling the trigger. Find a CPO car at a good MB stealer and you will probably be happier. There are many nightmare threads that you should read before proceeding. Price wise LM is probably one of the lowest. If you start to walk away they will come down a few thousand. There are some decent prices on E63s. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 PM

S211 AMG
Originally Posted by likewater
Care to elaborate a little?
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...567&highlight=

It was the worse experince buying a car from there. There are a few threads on here pretty much saying the same thing...

BTW, welcome.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
I bought an 05 from the Luxury Motors in Oakland. As far as the car goes, it was perfect and as described. But there were a few small things after the purchase (missing owner's manual and no NAV DVD) that I had to call several times to have them order me a new one. All finally arrived, but just a few weeks later than I would have hoped. Other than that, good experience here.

The bottom line is, all used car dealers can not be trusted. So, it is the consumers responsiblity to do their homework.

Last edited by str8ridin; 06-16-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Bought a total of 3 cars there. 2 were mine (M3 and C32), and 1 was a friends (Lotus Elise). I traded in my M3 after 1 1/2 years of driving back to where I bought it and got a good deal! They even came down on the C32 a bit which made it even better.

I have also passed them 2 sales via this board for other AMG Mercedes.

Do your homework, get the car inspected by the dealer, and know what it's worth before contacting them.

You are going to find people that have had issues with them. They sale more luxury cars than any other dealership in the nation.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fleebee
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...567&highlight=

It was the worse experince buying a car from there. There are a few threads on here pretty much saying the same thing...

BTW, welcome.
Thanks and glad to be here.

Last edited by likewater; 06-17-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by str8ridin
I bought an 05 from the Luxury Motors in Oakland. As far as the car goes, it was perfect and as described. But there were a few small things after the purchase (missing owner's manual and no NAV DVD) that I had to call several times to have them order me a new one. All finally arrived, but just a few weeks later than I would have hoped. Other than that, good experience here.

The bottom line is, all used car dealers can not be trusted. So, it is the consumers responsiblity to do their homework.
Thanks. Oakland is exactly where the cars I'm looking at are located. Who did you deal with there if you don't mind me asking? Was it Samim?
Old 06-16-2008, 11:25 PM

CLS 550 Black AMG pkg. E55 Platinum Blue Monte Carlo Blue Acura NSX-T Desert SilverBMW 650
All dealers have negatives

Every dealer has negative comments on websites about them so just check out your car before you purchase from any dealer I bought one for them and I did my homework and have no issues was a positive experience.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 AM

Thanks special K. By the way, your car looks amazing. Love those wheels. What are they?
Old 06-17-2008, 03:09 AM

CLS 550 Black AMG pkg. E55 Platinum Blue Monte Carlo Blue Acura NSX-T Desert SilverBMW 650
Zenetti's

Thanks for the compliment just wanted a inexpensive 1 pc. wheel as all my 3 piece wheels get bent no matter what they are
Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 or CL600, if I could make up my mind
Looked at a used E and a CL at Luxury Motors in LV, and it wasn't exactly what I was looking. I was going to trade a car in, and told the sales guy I was going to come down tomorrow to have them give me a trade-in figure.
He was pushy trying to get my phone number, which I don't give out as a matter of principle, and he just walked away from me in the middle of the lot without another word.

Needless to say, I won't be spending any money there.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by likewater
Has anyone dealt with the company http://www.luxurymotors.com/

Thinking of doing business with them but I am not located in one of thier cities. They claim to do most of their business on-line. Any experience with these folks at all good or bad?

Appreciate the feedback.
I am familar with Luxury Motors, they are headquarted right here in suburban Chicagoland (Downers Grove, IL). They have severqal stores in the Chicago area and do a huge online business as well. One of my brothers good friends is a manager at their Bentley store. I have heard good and bad things about them. They are the largest used luxury car dealer in the country, you should see their multiple car lots in the area, insane amounts of high end inventory, they have an indoor lot out by the airport that is to die for. That being said, I have read in some local papers and local business weekly publication (Crains Chicago business) that they are being investigated by the states attorney for lots of different things, however they are still in business and seling lots of cars. I looked at a Ferarri 360 there a couple years ago and it was not a clean car, looked like it had been painted, and appeared to have a lot more miles than the odometer indicated. They were claiming the car had 4800 miles, but the leather on the seats and steering wheel told a much different story and yet they denied any work ever being done to it.

There are also lots of ultra clean cars on their lots, If you can come out here and see and drive the specific car you are looking at then do it, but I would never buy a car from them online, sight unseen just to have it delivered "as is"
Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by jrcart
I am familar with Luxury Motors, they are headquarted right here in suburban Chicagoland (Downers Grove, IL). They have severqal stores in the Chicago area and do a huge online business as well. One of my brothers good friends is a manager at their Bentley store. I have heard good and bad things about them. They are the largest used luxury car dealer in the country, you should see their multiple car lots in the area, insane amounts of high end inventory, they have an indoor lot out by the airport that is to die for. That being said, I have read in some local papers and local business weekly publication (Crains Chicago business) that they are being investigated by the states attorney for lots of different things, however they are still in business and seling lots of cars. I looked at a Ferarri 360 there a couple years ago and it was not a clean car, looked like it had been painted, and appeared to have a lot more miles than the odometer indicated. They were claiming the car had 4800 miles, but the leather on the seats and steering wheel told a much different story and yet they denied any work ever being done to it.

There are also lots of ultra clean cars on their lots, If you can come out here and see and drive the specific car you are looking at then do it, but I would never buy a car from them online, sight unseen just to have it delivered "as is"
+100000000000

You will not know if your car from luxury motors is god or bad without seeing it. My dad is good friends with the owner joe and general manager kyle, and i can say FROM EXPERIENCE that at least 40% of the cars on the lot at downers grove have been repainted. Saying this, if you want a REALLY good deal on a car you cant go wrong if you can deal with the fact that the car has been beat to sh^t.....but they do have rare cars.....I was actually there yesterday and drove an R8 and WOW!!! what a car!! they also had the new M3 in white and usually have lots of rare and new cars to check out....now the downtown store is different. These are the cars that luxury motors have filtered through to be clean and well maintained....there they have the best cars in the world....i went last month and they started up the bugatti inside the showroom and OMG WOW that is the best car in the world!!!....they also have the new rolls drophead and that is also an amazing car......so in conclusion....if you want a run of the mill nice luxury car(e55,s55,bmw,lexus,porche,audi) make sure you see and drive the car in person before you buy, but if you want a supercar, they have you covered quite well IMO.....
Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
My experience was a very good one. A buddy of mine that lives in the Chicago area went and looked at the E55 I was considering. He said it looked good, so I flew out there and bought it. When I got back to Arizona to do the registration, etc., the lady said the paperwork was all together perfect and a heck of a lot better than the dealerships locally!

I would do business with them again.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Thanks to everyone that has responded. Obviously some good and some bad. And yes, should I choose to buy a car from them, I was planning all along to go there and see it in person first hand. No way I would ever buy a car sight unseen. Thanks again you guys and I'll let you know if I pick one up (E55) either from these guys or someone else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Luxury Motors - any good?