Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luxury Motors - any good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E
i will never buy a car from these guys, stay faaaaar away from them!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by likewater
Thanks to everyone that has responded. Obviously some good and some bad. And yes, should I choose to buy a car from them, I was planning all along to go there and see it in person first hand. No way I would ever buy a car sight unseen. Thanks again you guys and I'll let you know if I pick one up (E55) either from these guys or someone else.
Likewater, are you here in the bay area? If not let me know which car you are interested in and I can check it out for you as I did for str8ridin. It's not a problem just let me know.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 PM

2007 E63
I got my 07 E63 from them..I was very lucky!!!
They are total Scumbags. Took forever to get my title (until I contacted out of state Dept of State and got it myself) Luxury just blew me off...Tried to keep my second key, no books, no navi disk, no return of ANY phone calls! Once you wire the Money to them (100% up front) your done.. also--they make you sign a form limiting your legal recorse to arbitration IN ILLINOIS if you have ANY problem....
They buy almost only auction cars--beware.
If you do your homework you could get a good car--but beware!!!
I was lucky.
Google them, as well as Bentley of Downers Grove... same thieves...
Old 06-19-2008, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by str8ridin
I bought an 05 from the Luxury Motors in Oakland. As far as the car goes, it was perfect and as described. But there were a few small things after the purchase (missing owner's manual and no NAV DVD) that I had to call several times to have them order me a new one. All finally arrived, but just a few weeks later than I would have hoped. Other than that, good experience here.

The bottom line is, all used car dealers can not be trusted. So, it is the consumers responsiblity to do their homework.
Hey, I guess I can take the blame for that because when I went by to look the car over and take it for a test drive for you I didn't even think to ask about the NAV DVD or the owners manual. Paul is a stand up guy and if I would have known or thought about those things your experience would have been better.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
Hey, I guess I can take the blame for that because when I went by to look the car over and take it for a test drive for you I didn't even think to ask about the NAV DVD or the owners manual. Paul is a stand up guy and if I would have known or thought about those things your experience would have been better.

No worries....I don't think Paul even new they were missing! But they ordered it for me anyway...and paid for it. The bright side is I got an 08 disk for free!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:34 AM

05 e55
These two people from my church bought 7 series from luxury motors. One bought a 745li and the other a 760li. They both had their tires fly off of the car on the highway doing 60mph. Now that is scary stuff and i wouldnt buy a car from them if you paid me.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I blame myself but I bought my car there a few years ago in downers grove. Really liked the fact that the salesmen wore Hugo boss suits and dark sunglasses LOL. Drove the car back to NH and my tech found a nice clean up job on the motor. It had a replaced harmonic balancer that cracked the oil pan which they cleaned up well upon pickup. Very cute.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
I blame myself but I bought my car there a few years ago in downers grove. Really liked the fact that the salesmen wore Hugo boss suits and dark sunglasses LOL. Drove the car back to NH and my tech found a nice clean up job on the motor. It had a replaced harmonic balancer that cracked the oil pan which they cleaned up well upon pickup. Very cute.
Again, buyer beware of ANY used car dealer. Especially buying high end performance cars.

If you are risk averse, CPO or brand new is the only way to go.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by str8ridin
Again, buyer beware of ANY used car dealer. Especially buying high end performance cars.

If you are risk averse, CPO or brand new is the only way to go.
+1