W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 Wheels on Ebay - Legit or Scam?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:14 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by jrcart
What the heck is going on with those scammers? The last post or update on that thread was May 30th, nearly 4 weeks ago. Did the case just fizzle out? Any arrestes made?

Inquiring minds want to know.
+4 I have asked this now 3 times, no answer.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by UBERKAR
probably legit I have bought expensive AMG wheels on ebay before, and for less, so someitmes you get lucky, however
ask for a contact TELEPHONE number before you paypal the money,
and make it a condition of the sale and verify that the guy at the other end is the seller, and ask for a land line ph NOT CELL phone that way it can be traced..

in the end, if you talk to the guy on the phone and he seems legit you have to go with your gut.. I did and got lucky,, and was happy with mine,

so good luck, and enjoy
Old 06-20-2008, 07:32 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Timeless
Teolax sent me this link and was wondering if this is the same guy that scammed us. Some things fit the profile like his previous sales including Apple products.

In one of the pics it shows the users name on a paper with the wheels. Any of you photoshop experts able to tell if it is legit or added to the pic?

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...252427390&rd=1
Well, if he has the auction listing set up so that you can pay with a credit card, then it's basically zero-risk. If the guy pulls a scam and doesn't ship the merchandise, or if you're just not happy with it when you get it, then do a chargeback and get your money back. I would use AmericanExpress or Citi, they usually always find in your favor if you have a dispute.

But if all of a sudden they won't let you use a credit card, want you to send a money order, etc, then forget about it.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Originally Posted by Timeless
That is one of several reasons I am not certain. I was hoping a photoshop expert might chime in.
Timeless,
I am far from the best in photoshop but I am not bad either and have been a graphic designer for a number of years and I see these photos as legitimate.

The hardest part of photoshopping different photos together is having the same lighting and shadowing which is almost impossible in many cases if wanting a "realistic" and "original" look. I can't see any variances in either according to the pics.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Originally Posted by jrcart
I wouldn't get out of bed for $50k a year. Now get back to work you civil servants!
I guess if this was the case the majority of the world would be sleeping.