W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check your VRP Pulleys, Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO, everyone that had a VRP pulley installed using the VRP tool and torqued to OEM spec should have it inspected.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by dc63er
come on now chicago be fair on this point. LET went to the maker in australia to try and purchase vrus product directly. that is uncool and should be dropped immediately like they immediately were.
The whole story should be told then.

There were no pulleys available, anywhere. VRP apparently didn't like the profit margin and wouldn't/couldn't order more. At that point, LET tried to have ROSS make some for them as well. Drama ensued, VRP dropped LET.

Later, VRP tells me to "go get my money from LET" AFTER he had promised me a refund for a faulty pulley.

Remember folks, this didn't happen over the course of a weekend. My car was undrivable for weeks from VRPs delay.
I'm glad all of the nut-swingers have finally posted up. Perhaps we can get the the facts now.

I wasn't looking for a refund until I had been stonewalled for so long.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
The whole story should be told then.

Are you seriously singing the same song AND trying to sidestep what LET tried to do?

Three weeks to get any response, much less your money minus $50 for a water pulley, is great for a manufacturer. As stated a thousand times, VRP did not sell you the pulley nor were they liable to refund you.

You say you got involved because LET got flagged and would not have gotten their money back. Why do you care? Either way, LET sold you the pulley and should have refunded you and gotten back on the road sooner.

Where is the second pulley? Is it really damaged?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Where is the second pulley? Is it really damaged?
Jangy, did you see the pics? That's the other pulley. Did you see any black paint?

You are actually stating that it was OK to leave me hanging, car apart, for three weeks? If so, you're an idiot AND a nut-swinger.

If Victor had done what he promised, instead of the double-talk and misdirection, this would never have been an issue.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Jangy, did you see the pics? That's the other pulley. Did you see any black paint?

You are actually stating that it was OK to leave me hanging, car apart, for three weeks? If so, you're an idiot AND a nut-swinger.

If Victor had done what he promised, instead of the double-talk and misdirection, this would never have been an issue.
From what I have read, Jangy is implying that it was LET's job to get you up and running, not VRP. If you had bought the pulley directly from VRP, then that would be a different story.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
again

anyone find that hilarious?

If I remember correctly Jangy didn't just go after creative ... he was full bore after Renntech and badmouthing them as well.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

I still may be an idiot, but yes I do feel that LEt should have been the "go-between" even if VRP was involved.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Gentlemen, I believe this is going nowhere. Time to take it offline.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
yup

I still may be an idiot, but yes I do feel that LEt should have been the "go-between" even if VRP was involved.
No jangy I actually completely agree with you here ... it should have been LET fully inbetween the parties.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R
anyone find that hilarious?

If I remember correctly Jangy didn't just go after creative ... he was full bore after Renntech and badmouthing them as well.
Ok, so you wanna open that can up, huh? I was sent to Creative by RennTech. Also, I never circumvented the process by going directly to rennTech. Renntech trained James (not a mechanic) on the install. RennTech came to San Diego and literally saw the damage to my car when the pulley was removed. Creative and RennTech came up with an offer which was presented to me by Creative and I accepted. Creative missed every milestone, which started with a bouncy check for my refund so the settlement went dead. I agreed to hold off on my suit until things get cleared up in the legal side.

I can't post all of why i was on renntech (and still am), but it will come out in due time. It may be true and it may not, but it is what my perception has been because of a few facts that I know. For now, can we keep this on on Topic? Feel free to start a new thread to call me out and I'll add details as we go.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLK55R
No jangy I actually completely agree with you here ... it should have been LET fully inbetween the parties.
Just like it was creative until rennTech got tough without knowing all the facts. That is not my concern. Once you bow up to me (as you are), then you should expect me to defend myself. And we all know that the best defense is a great offense.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Hold on a second. One thing just screams out at me here:

1: ChicagoX hasn't received all of his money back.

2: The tuning shop says VRP won't issue a full refund.

3: However, VRP already issued a full refund awhile ago, and they just sucked up the cost of the tool and said they never expected to get it back anyway.

Soooo...unless I'm missing something big here, then it really sounds like the shop is trying to sit on some of ChicagoX's refund and point fingers at the manufacturer as to why they kept the money.

And if they'll lie about the refund, then who's to say they didn't botch the pulley install and blame it on someone else to avoid financial responsibility?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:02 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Good point CWW - as you will see below, the integrity of some of the parties involved needs to be questioned.....

I can't believe this is still being debated....You buy a product from LET and have someone else install in. The product you buy is being used by NUMEROUS other members without problem. Somehow, yours seems to be bad so you take it off and expect the manufacturer to make you whole ??? What about LET ?? You bought it from them, why not have them make you whole. They were supposed to provide the manufacturer with details, pictures etc and never did....The shop that installed it conveniently threw away the bolt(s).....yet, you feel that VRP made the error ???? Dude, you need to take a step back and realize that someone is lying to you. IMO, VRP has done everything they could with the information available to them to help you out. Maybe you should question LETs integrity regarding why they were dropped as a vendor. And then, pull your head out of your azz and ask yourself why the bolt was thrown away when they KNEW the pulley was being removed and sent back to VRP.
You clearly have it in your head that VRP created this problem and prolonged it by leaving you hangin. If LET were such great guys, they would have refunded you on the spot. And if Al @ CPT was such a great guy, why has he yet to comment on the missing bolt and the black paint....and you can get black paint in a spray can genius, it's not always applied with a brush as you suggested.

EDIT -
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (8 members and 2 guests)
LZH*, CWW, rflow306, Rock, psuball1, D Bst, al@cpt, r-magic

I see Al is viewing this thread - I'd like to know his thoughts regarding the missing bolt....

Last edited by LZH; 07-01-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by CWW
Hold on a second. One thing just screams out at me here:

1: ChicagoX hasn't received all of his money back.

2: The tuning shop says VRP won't issue a full refund.

3: However, VRP already issued a full refund awhile ago, and they just sucked up the cost of the tool and said they never expected to get it back anyway.

Soooo...unless I'm missing something big here, then it really sounds like the shop is trying to sit on some of ChicagoX's refund and point fingers at the manufacturer as to why they kept the money.

And if they'll lie about the refund, then who's to say they didn't botch the pulley install and blame it on someone else to avoid financial responsibility?
CWW,

You are messing up the parties involved here - there are 3.

1.) VRP
2.) LET
3.) CPT

I purchased my pulley from CPT, who got it from LET. I believe Wayne bought his from LET directly, although I am not sure. CPT is an installer, LET is a tuner. CPT installed our pullies.

CPT already took care of me, but I am not sure where Wayne's situation is, but I do not believe he purchased his from CPT so your assumption would be incorrect.

-m
Old 07-01-2008, 06:12 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by LZH
Good point CWW - as you will see below, the integrity of some of the parties involved needs to be questioned.....

I can't believe this is still being debated....You buy a product from LET and have someone else install in. The product you buy is being used by NUMEROUS other members without problem. Somehow, yours seems to be bad so you take it off and expect the manufacturer to make you whole ??? What about LET ?? You bought it from them, why not have them make you whole. They were supposed to provide the manufacturer with details, pictures etc and never did....The shop that installed it conveniently threw away the bolt(s).....yet, you feel that VRP made the error ???? Dude, you need to take a step back and realize that someone is lying to you. IMO, VRP has done everything they could with the information available to them to help you out. Maybe you should question LETs integrity regarding why they were dropped as a vendor. And then, pull your head out of your azz and ask yourself why the bolt was thrown away when they KNEW the pulley was being removed and sent back to VRP.
You clearly have it in your head that VRP created this problem and prolonged it by leaving you hangin. If LET were such great guys, they would have refunded you on the spot. And if Al @ CPT was such a great guy, why has he yet to comment on the missing bolt and the black paint....and you can get black paint in a spray can genius, it's not always applied with a brush as you suggested.
+1

That missing bolt is shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady...

How could the shop just "throw it away", when the manufacturer specifically asked them to send it to them for analysis???

Best possible case, that's grossly incompetent. Worst case, it was intentional, so that they wouldn't have to eat the cost of the pulley. Either way, that isn't a small matter and shouldn't be dismissed so easily.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
CWW,

You are messing up the parties involved here - there are 3.

1.) VRP
2.) LET
3.) CPT

I purchased my pulley from CPT, who got it from LET. I believe Wayne bought his from LET directly, although I am not sure. CPT is an installer, LET is a tuner. CPT installed our pullies.

CPT already took care of me, but I am not sure where Wayne's situation is, but I do not believe he purchased his from CPT so your assumption would be incorrect.

-m
ChicagoX has by his own account not received a full refund. However, VRP already issued a full refund from their end. So I may have mixed the parties up, but that doesn't change the fact that one of the intermediaries has kept some of his refund, does it?

Think about it. VRP was paid $XXX.XX. VRP refunded $XXX.XX. ChicagoX only received some portion of that. Where's the rest, and why didn't he have it immediately?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
seems I mixed up the parties involved as well, but not their involvement...my apologies for the oversight.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Sounds like LET and CPT are hiding something from both Chicago X and VRP. Regardless, as stated before VRP has by all accounts already issued a full refund, even when they did not have to, as LET should have been the one issuing the refund. Also, as the previous analogy was stated, even doctors screw up after doing the same surgery for 20+ years, who's to say that a car mechanic or installer can't screw up an installation.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by LZH
I ignored your previous post towards me which made no sense. I asked for objectivity and you twist my words into somehow making me seem non objective? Read my reply to CWW, CWW did not make a good point, he like you are getting their parties messed up.

I can't believe this is still being debated....You buy a product from LET and have someone else install in. The product you buy is being used by NUMEROUS other members without problem.
Did you not read the post from theboogers?

Originally Posted by theboogers
i took the asp off and replaced, with brian s help, my pulley with the vrp. i can see a slight wobble in the pulley at idle. victor said it would disappear at higher rpm's. i think it would only disappear because of the visual illusion at higher rpms. anyhow i have been watching it and still see the wobble and haven't had any problems with belts yet. i will keep posted as i watch.
and jangy

I'm getting the optical part. Mine looks like it has the slightest of wobbles, but the belt runs true as do the grooves. Also, I've put almost 10K in hard miles on mine and have never damaged or even started to tear a belt.
AND bfnnrgn

Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I've always noticed some wobble and though I've not shreaded a belt the supercharger belt does squeal and not just at startup.
Has this place gone mad, or are people just not reading? I did not shread my belt like Wayne did either, mine was pretty much EXACTLY what these other 3 people have said - a slight wobble - but none of them have actually removed the pulley to inspect it. I really would like to see pictures of these 3 gentleman's pulleys before we conclude that every single OTHER VRP pulley in the field is wobble free and has not had this same issue. From what I can see we have 3 other people in this thread who if they were to see my car when it had the VRP pulley would have said "Hey, my pulley does the exact same thing!"

And if Al @ CPT was such a great guy, why has he yet to comment on the missing bolt and the black paint....and you can get black paint in a spray can genius, it's not always applied with a brush as you suggested.
Are you really not reading anything? Al did address the black whatever it is on the pulley:

Originally Posted by al@cpt
We did not spray anything on the pulley.
What else do you want him to say? Because a pulley has black residue on it that is a sign of foul play? My friends, we are talking about engines and cars, not your mother's china set. Things get dirty, how this became an issue I do not know.

I do not see this thread going anywhere. I HIGHLY recommend like Al suggested, those of you who have seen your pulley wobble at idle - you need to have them checked. Mine did not wobble very much either but Wayne showed you the pictures. I have been taken care of by CPT so I have no beef with anyone, I am just bummed about being back on a stock pulley until I find a replacement. My real concern here is for others who may have a problem with this pulley and for whatever reason may not have the time/resources to have it checked. I am lucky to have CPT in my back yard and was able to get it addressed quickly.

-m
Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by CWW
ChicagoX has by his own account not received a full refund. However, VRP already issued a full refund from their end. So I may have mixed the parties up, but that doesn't change the fact that one of the intermediaries has kept some of his refund, does it?

Think about it. VRP was paid $XXX.XX. VRP refunded $XXX.XX. ChicagoX only received some portion of that. Where's the rest, and why didn't he have it immediately?

I will clarify -

Wayne purchased his pulley from LET, so I would assume in that instance he would get his refund from LET. CPT was merely the installer, not the seller of his pulley.

I bought my pulley from CPT, and CPT has taken care of me for my refund. Where CPT stands with LET/VRP I do not know, but as you can see I did not make this thread, Wayne did. I am not complaining about a refund because I personally have no reason to.

Hope this helps...

-m
Old 07-01-2008, 06:38 PM
LZH
Banned

All Al said was "we did not spary anything on the pulley". Was he the installer ? Did HE remove it himself ?? IF SO, where is the missing bolt???

Marcus - It seems you are intent on pointing the finger at VRP when you have some other VERY large questions that need to be addressed. LET's integrity for one and the missing bolt. Sure, others have said they noticed a wobble too - but have they had problems ? Engine failures ? Perhaps they are just a bit **** and once you get something in your head, it's hard to see otherwise. Which is what I feel the case is here. You seem to think you have all the information, but you are casually dismissing a key piece of evidence on CPT's part (the missing bolt).

Also, why did you install the VRP pulley ? Why not Kleemann or Renntech or ASP ?? Clearly, you did your research here and elsewhere and decided the VRP pulley was the best part - but, now you do not ??

Lastly, an analogy regarding the missing bolt (strange I know, but fitting)....Your pulley is like a rape victim. Sure, we know she was raped because she is knocked up - just like the damage to your pulley. Just after the rape, the victim takes a swab of semen for evidence. Now it comes time to prove who did it and the cotton swab with the forensic evidence is somehow lost just like your bolt. If I were you, I'd stop pointing fingers until I had all the evidence.

Last edited by LZH; 07-01-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM

LZH,

We did not get the request for the bolt until much later. Otherwise we would have provided it.

We did not paint, spray or apply any black paint to the pulley. I am 100% sure the crank bolt was torqued to spec. Look at the damage. A loose bolt would cause damage "all over the place".
Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Lexus
Yep, a loose bolt will destroy the key and render it useless. I know from experience. Once it gets a litle loose the pulley tries to spin on the crank and its game over for the crank key. So I dont think it was install error, you either get it right or wipe it out, I don't think there is any inbetween.

BTW, the E55 I am talking about has been running for 2-3 month with no crank key and a new bolt Torqued to hell.. So these can be run with no crank key. It wobbles a little but has not thrown a belt or squeeked.

Last edited by ScottCLS55; 07-01-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 PM

CWW,

If the crank bolt would have been loose or not torqued to spec, the pulley would be damaged in more than one area.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 PM

Lexus
pics of my friends crank and keyway after bolt was not torqued correctly.

And it was torqued to 175 with no 90degree turn. So it still was pretty damn tight.
Attached Thumbnails Check your VRP Pulleys, Please-timing_pic1.jpg   Check your VRP Pulleys, Please-timing_pic2.jpg   Check your VRP Pulleys, Please-timing_pic3.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Check your VRP Pulleys, Please