Utah Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Utah Driving

Hey all,
I just drove out here to Park City, Utah for the weekend and I'm lookin for some nice mountain roads to go for a drive on. Please let me know if any of you are familiar with the area and know of any nice sets of twisties. Its absolutely gorgeous out here, hopefully I can find a road that will take me up to one of these peaks that still have snow
Old 06-21-2008, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Not to familiar with Park City twisties but if you wanna take I-80 down to Salt Lake, they are still skiing up at Snowbird this weekend. Last weekend for it. Supposedly people skiing in swimsuits today. What a friggin trip.

If you can't find some roads up there, the drive on I80 from SLC to Park City is a fun one eh?

The Snowbird drive is up a canyon called Little Cottonwood down here in Salt Lake. Twisties alllll the way up to it. Also another one is Big Cottonwood Canyon that takes you to Solitude and Brighton. Killer twisties up there too.

Here is the snowbird info for ya

http://www.snowbird.com/about/accessibility.html

Doing wife's family stuff all weekend or I coulda met ya and showed ya around.

Enjoy, this is a beautiful place.

Careful hiking if you are used to LA alt. You'll get super tired FAST up here at 5K and mountains are worse at 8,000ft.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
05 E55
http://www.firestonelegendarydrives....x?StateCode=45
Old 06-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
There is a road that goes to East canyon dam that is fun, You leave park city and drive towards Salt Lake city and the exit is on your right. The road is 65 on the map. Pretty popular with the motorcycle crowd.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...irections=true
Old 06-21-2008, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65 VRP1000 and 20" Monolites
I second the East Canyon Road

Go west from Park City, about half way down Parley's canyon, there is a road going North. Follow that up over the summit, and down the other side to East Canyon reservoir.

I would take my bike up that all the time.

Also, American Fork Canyon down into Sundance is a very scenic/twisty road. Go down Parleys into SLC, take I15 south just past point of the mountain, to Thanksgiving Point. Then get off the exit and head East, and stay on that road, and it turns into American Fork Canyon and you end up in one of the most beautiful places on earth... Sundance.

Good luck.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. Jack- the road to SLC is awesome, and those curves are just perfect for this car. I checked out the East Canyon road as well and that was gorgeous. Unfortunately I need to leave tomorrow morning, but next time its the Salt Flats FOR SURE.