Reactivate Tire Pressure Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Reactivate Tire Pressure Sensors

So, did a search as well as read the manual. I get the tire pressure sensor reactivate warning and the manual says to just press the reset button and it'll ask me if I want to reactivate, to which I shall respond with a resounding JES and all will be well in the land of no warranty.. Such are mere folklore around these parts.

After pressing the reset button I get a big fat nothing. Not a thing happens. I've tried holding the button down and it just resets my trip counter, which it does flawlessly for the record. I even tried using the "page" button on the steering wheel to get to the malfunction section where it lists the warning. Still no love from the reset button.

Any idears?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
ttt
Old 07-07-2008, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
When it happens to me, I get a message to "reset" or to "reactivate" (can't remember which) the TPMS.

I push and hold the reset button while the above message is on the screen. It then asks me if I want to reactivate and gives me the options of "yes" (by pushing the "+" button on the steering wheel) or "no" (by pushing the "-" button on the steering wheel).

Once I push the "+" button, the screen reads something like "tire pressure monitoring system reactivated." It then takes a bit of driving around before system displays the pressure in the individual tires.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Hmmm... I don't recall whether mine said "reactivated" or not when I replaced my wheels w/ aftermarket ones (I bought new TPMS).

All I remember was the TPMS that the TPMS was not available when I got into the car, then I reset them... it was not available until I drove the car for couple miles.

But either way, if I have any problems, I usually just go to TPMS screen and push the button to the left of the speedo... I forgot whether you have to push the button once, twice or hold it for couple seconds.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by zoink
Hmmm... I don't recall whether mine said "reactivated" or not when I replaced my wheels w/ aftermarket ones (I bought new TPMS).

All I remember was the TPMS that the TPMS was not available when I got into the car, then I reset them... it was not available until I drove the car for couple miles.

But either way, if I have any problems, I usually just go to TPMS screen and push the button to the left of the speedo... I forgot whether you have to push the button once, twice or hold it for couple seconds.
Wish that push worked for me. I push, push and hold, push and pray, push and pray and hold... Neither combination has proven victorious. I push, and the warning doesn't budge, not a thing happens.

After a lengthy search, someone mentioned pulling the fuse to reset it. I think I'll give it a go.