Blower idler pulley lose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:16 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Blower idler pulley lose?

Noticed the S/C belt was a little frayed pulled it off to inspect. I then noticed that the small idler pulley to the lower left of the tensioner seems pretty lose? I assume that is not normal. Is there a bearing part number to change this or have to get complete pulley from dealer.. Just to clarify, this is not the tensioner pulley. Tensioner seems fine.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I think you have to replace the pulley.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I think that one is an assembly, while you are at it consider the VRP extreme wrap kit.
This is Finnys engine and photo,

Old 09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
From the design of this part, I think most should check thier S/C idler pulley for play , noise or failure.. My pulley bearing was actually spinning in the housing.

I checked with the dealer for my 03 55 and they say this set is like 360.00 bucks! I said, are you sure? Yes he said, and it has had like 3-5 design revisions..

Not sure what the new $360.00 set looks like but I just bought an off the shelf bearing and re-cut a new snap ring grove.. The bearing in the pulley was special made and a little wider than the off the shelf.. That is why I had to have a new snap ring grove cut in.. I am not saying this is the way to go but just pointing out a potential problem and my personal fix for it..

I started having issues with this pulley at only 29,000 miles. The 10mm bolt that bolts this set to the motor is long, leveraged and sloppy fit..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-25-2008, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
I think that one is an assembly, while you are at it consider the VRP extreme wrap kit.
This is Finnys engine and photo,

Yep, the pulley to the left of the supercharger snout was the one I had to have replaced.

Not sure about that wrap kit. It sure faded off in the sunset when people wanted dyno results, feedback, etc. I don't even see it on VRP's website for the 55.