W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benz Drag Race Showdown MIR 11/22/08 Discuss!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Stephen04E55
My address is Mechanicsville, VA and the track is in Mechanicsville, MD...weird.
I never noticed that! I always thought you lived by MIR LOLLLL
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
So I am putting the thinking wheels in motion.

Would there be an honest soul out there near MIR that I could ship the car to and then have it there for a week or 2 while transport routes the car back and comes to pick it up.

Long as no You Tube vids show up, I will be happy.

I have this horrific thought in my head that I will be surfing YouTube before the meet.

dont have a ton of space but I might have space for it in my garage if its just for a week or so.... I use it mainly for storage at the moment and usually park my cars in the SHORT driveway. We could work something out. Between either me or a few other people around here we can get you taken care of.
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Please add me to the list.

I mean, if the Juice and JRCart can make it, I can to.

MachC5
Old 07-21-2008, 08:32 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
I think I am going to trailer my car to MIR as the car has broken something in the rear the last two times the car has seen drag racing action. Nothing is worse that having to tow a car when a trailer is available. So, if my car or Jackpro's car breaks, we will have a way to get it to my house. Just an idea....
Old 07-21-2008, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by juicee63
sadly 2k is 2 much.

I can tow my own car or I will simply drive it to MIR!

I will get a placard MIR OR BUST

I will mount my V6 valentine virtual flourescent transponder code recitifier.
I can be there in what, hmm

So easy its a straight shot rightthrough the dirty South

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,71.542969&z=4
You better double think that. Premium is going to be near $5.00 a gallon by then, you are going to need a couple nights worth of hotels each way plus meals not to mention the wear and tear on your car. That's nearly 7,500 miles round trip. Thats gonna be close to $1600 in fuel alone. You could fly out there and ship the car for the same price once you factor hotels and meals and save the wear and tear.

Pick up the phone and start dialing transportation companies, I will make a few more calls tomorrow. Don't let $2000 come between you and a good time! Put an ad on craigslist and man ***** yourself out or something LOL!

This is why several months ago when discussions first started ChicagoX and I along with a couple other guys thought the midwest would be the best location for the event, it would probably draw a lot more west coast peeps.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 05VENOM
I'm browsin' over the list up top of who is participating.
Am I the only stocker..?
Don't fret, it's only late July, you have nearly 4 months to build the hell out of your car. Evosport did my car in under four months and had to build everything from scratch, I know there is tons of off the shelf goodies for you car.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
99% likely I'm in, and I'll bring my slow*ss stock 63 with me. Roland, we can caravan, just don't wanna get pulled over driving 155 down there... Z
Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
So I am putting the thinking wheels in motion.

Would there be an honest soul out there near MIR that I could ship the car to and then have it there for a week or 2 while transport routes the car back and comes to pick it up.

Long as no You Tube vids show up, I will be happy.

I have this horrific thought in my head that I will be surfing YouTube before the meet.

You need to talk to Juicee and MB_Forever, they are in LA, the truck has to go right through Utah on it's way to MIR I believe, have them get you a piggyback rate, you might pay a little more than those guys because you are a sole pick-up, but you guys have the same destination. Trust me, you can work with these types of freight companies, the fuel charge is the kicker, but the automotive industry as a whole is slow, these auto transporter companies are feeling the pain of the auto industry, look around and you will find a hungry carrier that will quote you a great rate.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by jrcart
You need to talk to Juicee and MB_Forever, they are in LA, the truck has to go right through Utah on it's way to MIR I believe, have them get you a piggyback rate, you might pay a little more than those guys because you are a sole pick-up, but you guys have the same destination. Trust me, you can work with these types of freight companies, the fuel charge is the kicker, but the automotive industry as a whole is slow, these auto transporter companies are feeling the pain of the auto industry, look around and you will find a hungry carrier that will quote you a great rate.

hmmmm guess Id better ship...So me Jim, Mike, Mo, Rick, perhaps a VRP or Evosport car?? six cars all dropped along I40.\\\ course driving out would be soooo fun specially taking down that blck series top speed record!! LOL, ok ok ok dam I will call RICK and await for Jim and Jim and Jims help. Thanks for trying to help and locate a carrier fer cheap. Mo, Jim and Mike, lets KIT on this and see what we can do.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Why dont you two split the cost and ship one of your cars out and both run it
Ahmad, I like that idea....... maybe I'll do that with Juicee
Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
hmmmm guess Id better ship...So me Jim, Mike, Mo, Rick, perhaps a VRP or Evosport car?? six cars all dropped along I40.\\\ course driving out would be soooo fun specially taking down that blck series top speed record!! LOL, ok ok ok dam I will call RICK and await for Jim and Jim and Jims help. Thanks for trying to help and locate a carrier fer cheap. Mo, Jim and Mike, lets KIT on this and see what we can do.
i was thinking if we all met somewhere relatively close, maybe we could get a great rate if the carrier gets to pick up everyone's car all at once.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Banned

2008 BLK/BLK CLK63 AMG BLACK SERIES
Count me in.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Now that would be an awesome car to see run FIRSTHAND.......

Havoc, you gotta get your beast finished and shipped out to MIR to set new records..............

Any chance????
Wish I could make it, but I’ll be overseas. To meet all you guys would be great and worth the trip for sure.
I’ll take my car to the track when I get a chance and post the numbers for all to see.
Good Luck to you all and I can’t wait to see the numbers and videos!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 AM

S211 AMG
I'm in. You've gotta have a wagon there...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by Fleebee
I'm in. You've gotta have a wagon there...
gotcha on the list

List updated, let me know if ive missed anyone.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by Havoc
Wish I could make it, but I’ll be overseas. To meet all you guys would be great and worth the trip for sure.
I’ll take my car to the track when I get a chance and post the numbers for all to see.
Good Luck to you all and I can’t wait to see the numbers and videos!
Havoc, I'd be glad to help you out here. Just ship your car and I'll drive it for you.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
New Englander's............

Zach and Lee,

We should caravan down to the event. Let's coordinate the trip and hotels etc.. I think most are staying at a Marriott in Bethesda area. I'm assuming your planning on driving the 12 hours and not trailering the cars? Going to ask my Brother in law to come along also so he can race too. If I don't get my Q LSD done before 11/15 I may think about trailering the car down so I got a way to bring her home if I snap the rear end.

Last edited by higginsbeach; 07-22-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Originally Posted by jmf003
Havoc, I'd be glad to help you out here. Just ship your car and I'll drive it for you.
Don't laugh, I was thinking about asking a friend if he would be able to attend and have the 2 best drivers out there make some passes in her. It would be great to see how my car performs with other modded MBs. Not sure if the TTs would be completed, but I would at least want the Bullet Trans installed. Kind of hard having all this go down with my car and not being there. I don't know, I'll see.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Me and my humble CL65 will be there...and she won't be stock.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by Havoc
Don't laugh, I was thinking about asking a friend if he would be able to attend and have the 2 best drivers out there make some passes in her. It would be great to see how my car performs with other modded MBs. Not sure if the TTs would be completed, but I would at least want the Bullet Trans installed. Kind of hard having all this go down with my car and not being there. I don't know, I'll see.
Maybe you can get a TDY assignment for that week? Surely someone at the Pentagon could use your input on something or other!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

West Coast Guys

Give me a count of how many guys want to ship their cars to the event out east. As most of you know I own a fairly large trucking company, I have about 60 trucks running between Chicago and Dallas. I do not have any car transporters, but located a place that will do an inexpensive 30 day rental/lease on a nice enclosed liftgate unit. I also need to see about getting one of my trucks "power plated" and DOT'ed by California, I can't just drive one of my trucks into California, truck laws are different than car motor vehicle laws...lots of red tape. I may even have to have you guys drive to AZ or NV to make things a little easier. Once I get an accurate count from you guys as well as an approximate pick up location I can shoot you guys a number. I'm going to try to do it for as little money as possible, I don't need to make any money onyou guys, but I need to cover fuel, trailer rental and my driver(s) and probably some additional insurance, because I usually haul printed junk mail which obviously has a much lower value than that of 6-8 AMGs. I can't make any promises that I can make this happen, but I figured it would be at least worth looking into for you guys. By doing it this way you will not have to worry about storing the cars when they are dropped, I will just instruct my driver to go to the track and park until everyone arrives.

Get me that info and I will get working on my end

Last edited by jrcart; 07-22-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
West Coast Guys

Give me a count of how many guys want to ship their cars to the event out east. As most of you know I own a fairly large trucking company, I have about 60 trucks running between Chicago and Dallas. I do not have any car transporters, but located a place that will do an inexpensive 30 day rental/lease on a nice enclosed liftgate unit. I also need to see about getting one of my trucks "power plated" and DOT'ed by California, I can't just drive one of my trucks into California, truck laws are different than car motor vehicle laws...lots of red tape. I may even have to have you guys drive to AZ or NV to make things a little easier. Once I get an accurate count from you guys as well as an approximate pick up location I can shoot you guys a number. I'm going to try to do it for as little money as possible, I don't need to make any money onyou guys, but I need to cover fuel, trailer rental and my driver(s) and probably some additional insurance, because I usually haul printed junk mail with obviously has a much lower value than 6-8 AMGs I can't make any promises that I can make this happen, but I figured it would be at least worth looking into for you guys. By doing it this way you will not have to worry about storing the cars when they are dropped, I will just instruct my driver to go to the track and park until everyone arrives.

Get me that info and I will get working on my end.
[/raises hand]
Old 07-22-2008, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i was thinking if we all met somewhere relatively close, maybe we could get a great rate if the carrier gets to pick up everyone's car all at once.

Exactly , Jims goingto have to drive back out perhaps he can time it so he can add one more MOD at Evosport and then we all ship from LA, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Flagstaff etc.. Looks like I40 is easiest route. I got a qoute 1250 one way in open carrier. egads.

I also am tossing around the idea of flying in, renting an E55 or E63 or SL 63 CL 65. Looks like you can rent em for 299-699 per day. LOL that would be classic if I rent a stock 55 and spank Mr. Oldgixxer's 63, I kid I kid Rob
Old 07-22-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly , Jims goingto have to drive back out perhaps he can time it so he can add one more MOD at Evosport and then we all ship from LA, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Flagstaff etc.. Looks like I40 is easiest route. I got a qoute 1250 one way in open carrier. egads.

I also am tossing around the idea of flying in, renting an E55 or E63 or SL 63 CL 65. Looks like you can rent em for 299-699 per day. LOL that would be classic if I rent a stock 55 and spank Mr. Oldgixxer's 63, I kid I kid Rob
This Jim? Too many Jims on this board! I am trailering my car from Chicago with my Renegade Hauler and my enclosed trailer. I'm just going to be in the back playing poker with a couple buddies, and watching satelite TV while one of my drivers pilots the thing. I may ship my car back to Cali/Evosport with all your cars so Evosport can get started on Stage 2 build on my car. I was going to have Evosport do me up a CF drive shaft next winter, but I think I am going to have to have that done before this event I want to take the 63 title at this event. I don't do anything for fun...it's all about winning!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
West Coast Guys

Give me a count of how many guys want to ship their cars to the event out east. As most of you know I own a fairly large trucking company, I have about 60 trucks running between Chicago and Dallas. I do not have any car transporters, but located a place that will do an inexpensive 30 day rental/lease on a nice enclosed liftgate unit. I also need to see about getting one of my trucks "power plated" and DOT'ed by California, I can't just drive one of my trucks into California, truck laws are different than car motor vehicle laws...lots of red tape. I may even have to have you guys drive to AZ or NV to make things a little easier. Once I get an accurate count from you guys as well as an approximate pick up location I can shoot you guys a number. I'm going to try to do it for as little money as possible, I don't need to make any money onyou guys, but I need to cover fuel, trailer rental and my driver(s) and probably some additional insurance, because I usually haul printed junk mail which obviously has a much lower value than that of 6-8 AMGs. I can't make any promises that I can make this happen, but I figured it would be at least worth looking into for you guys. By doing it this way you will not have to worry about storing the cars when they are dropped, I will just instruct my driver to go to the track and park until everyone arrives.

Get me that info and I will get working on my end

Man Jim that is very cool bro!!!

Im sure all of us would make the drive to Vegas. I could actually haul my car but it would be sucky.

1.Chiromikey
2.Jakpro
3.MBforever
4.rarfinancial
5.juicee63
6.Supree55

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Benz Drag Race Showdown MIR 11/22/08 Discuss!