W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benz Drag Race Showdown MIR 11/22/08 Discuss!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
WOW Sounds like quite a day . Would have been great to REP us guys out here and show the (was/maybe to be) Supercharged CLS63 kick some AZZ Within a day or two I will decide on what my Beast will get next for mods, one thing is for sure, it will be the FASTEST CLS63 to date without spray or motor swap. I will post new thread in a couple days. GREAT JOB ANDY (MHP) and to all that made it happen
Old 11-23-2008, 06:55 PM

99 turbo M3
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
WOW Sounds like quite a day . Would have been great to REP us guys out here and show the (was/maybe to be) Supercharged CLS63 kick some AZZ Within a day or two I will decide on what my Beast will get next for mods, one thing is for sure, it will be the FASTEST CLS63 to date without spray or motor swap. I will post new thread in a couple days. GREAT JOB ANDY (MHP) and to all that made it happen
OT - what kind of whp are you shooting for a s/c 63?? sounds like a beast for sure!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Great pics Matt!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sniz
you can say that again!!!

Can anyone tell me the suspension setup on this BS? It looks like it's been lowered? Guessing H&R's? Stance looks ridiculously tight.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 PM

2008 MB S63
The BS was built by TTmotorsports.com . There are pictures of how it was built step by step, springs and all in an album on this forum by TUNINGTECHNICIAN
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Man you guys seriously crushed the numbers,

It is so strange to see the pictures of the cars with ICE on the engines and the people wearing coats..........

AWESOME event Ahmad!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a great time , it looks like you mopped up the other CLK's?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by juicee63

It is so strange to see the pictures of the cars with ICE on the engines and the people wearing coats..........

AWESOME event Ahmad!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a great time , it looks like you mopped up the other CLK's?
Thanks! I did have the best CLK time of the day and the best 55 time of the day I've only seen one video so far. You can tell I had to launch very soft because of the tires I was on. This car will go tens as it sits with some good tire under it. Car went 11.1 on this pass. I tried to spray it but nothing happened when I pushed the button. It was the last pass of the day. I was trying to line up with jrcart but he didn't wait for me to do my burnout

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=HPIM1807.flv
Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Almost a Member!

S550

You can say that again, it was Freezing cold but as you can see, people still wanted to make sure the intakes were nice and chill.

Posting this for ALi

"Juicee63 - I sent a message with a friend, wasn't too sure if you got that. I was checking if you and the Cali guys were still attending or not. Would of been great to meet everyone from out there, and hope to do so this spring in my Cali visit!.

That B.S. was Absolutely DROOOOOL. Bruce did a Great job with that and seeing the CF details done on it in person added justice to the Pix.

Chris - Cali trip maybe soon ?

ALi"
Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 PM

95 sl500, AMG front brakes, AMG exhaust, AMG 18's, H&R Sport Springs, K&N's
AWESOME

Last edited by djblu; 11-23-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 PM

GT-R
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks! I did have the best CLK time of the day and the best 55 time of the day I've only seen one video so far. You can tell I had to launch very soft because of the tires I was on. This car will go tens as it sits with some good tire under it. Car went 11.1 on this pass. I tried to spray it but nothing happened when I pushed the button. It was the last pass of the day. I was trying to line up with jrcart but he didn't wait for me to do my burnout

Nice run..What was the orange "flame" coming from your rear wheel during the burnout? Afterburner from your jet engine?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
Nice run..What was the orange "flame" coming from your rear wheel during the burnout? Afterburner from your jet engine?
Thanks! LOL no, its from the rear brakes
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 AM

99 turbo M3

hey man,
I must have been gone when this ran happened. That BS should have waited for you!!! Thought he was going to and then all of a sudden he was gone....and then it sounded like he let off WAY early?

hope you get your CCW's back w/ the right offset this time, that sucked.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Ahmad WOW! I had no idea your car was that FAST. jeezuz.

Jim why didn't you wait for Ahmad? That looked like a race for the ages.

What was the times in the video? The guys seemed dissapointed becuase you failed to spray but it sure looked like a clean run (sounded good) The orange brake was so sik.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by BoushiBimmer
You can say that again, it was Freezing cold but as you can see, people still wanted to make sure the intakes were nice and chill.

Posting this for ALi

"Juicee63 - I sent a message with a friend, wasn't too sure if you got that. I was checking if you and the Cali guys were still attending or not. Would of been great to meet everyone from out there, and hope to do so this spring in my Cali visit!.

That B.S. was Absolutely DROOOOOL. Bruce did a Great job with that and seeing the CF details done on it in person added justice to the Pix.

Chris - Cali trip maybe soon ?

ALi"
big ups to Ali!! My deep apologies to all of you guys , the economy has sunk me and my show just got cancelled..

I would have flippin had so much fun getting waxed by the entire lineup, cept for the E500. You guys come on out , we can get our drank on
Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
hey man,
I must have been gone when this ran happened. That BS should have waited for you!!! Thought he was going to and then all of a sudden he was gone....and then it sounded like he let off WAY early?

I know, I thought we were gonna run. It was the last run of the day and I had JUST put the bottle in the car and was gonna go ***** to the wall. I tried running him once earlier and he jumped in my lane

Soon as I get the CCW's I'm gonna hit a test and tune and lay down some tens
Ahmad WOW! I had no idea your car was that FAST. jeezuz.

Jim why didn't you wait for Ahmad? That looked like a race for the ages.

What was the times in the video? The guys seemed dissapointed becuase you failed to spray but it sure looked like a clean run (sounded good) The orange brake was so sik.
I'm not done with it yet but thanks.

On that pass I ran 11.1 @ 124.5 They were disappointed because we had just put the bottle in the car for one last nitrous run. I wanted to spray against Jim. But he took off before I could stage. I am coming out the hole too soft so I'm not taking advantage of my higher stall torque converter. I cant ait to get tire on it and get back out there!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I know, I thought we were gonna run. It was the last run of the day and I had JUST put the bottle in the car and was gonna go ***** to the wall. I tried running him once earlier and he jumped in my lane

Soon as I get the CCW's I'm gonna hit a test and tune and lay down some tens

I'm not done with it yet but thanks.

On that pass I ran 11.1 @ 124.5 They were disappointed because we had just put the bottle in the car for one last nitrous run. I wanted to spray against Jim. But he took off before I could stage. I am coming out the hole too soft so I'm not taking advantage of my higher stall torque converter. I cant ait to get tire on it and get back out there!!!

So really Ahmad, on spray you likely had the fastest Benz there? Do you think you can beat the 10.58?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
So really Ahmad, on spray you likely had the fastest Benz there? Do you think you can beat the 10.58?
No Marko had the fastest benz there by far. I didn't spray the car yesterday. I tried to on the last pass in 3rd but it didnt work. I do not think I would beat the 10.58, I'm only on a 50 shot but it is through the supercharger. I'm not done seeing what I can do without spray. Right now I'm stuck looking for a bigger TB. Then if I get crazy enough I will build the motor to lower commpression ratio and run the kind of boost E55's are instead of about half as much
Old 11-24-2008, 03:04 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
you can say that again!!!

HEY THANKS GUYS - MUCH APPRECIATED! IT SURE TOOK LONG ENOUGH BUT I GUESS IT WAS WORTH IT IN THE END.

THE Springs are from H&R but custom worked by Evosport based on what i told Simon i wanted.
I cannot give enough credit to everybody that worked on the project. But I must commend myself on the cosmetics - that is my specialty.
Bruce quarterbacked the whole project start to finish and is responsible for the build - let me say that not only did he do a great job,but it has all held together very well - not one issue yet. He worked with me from start to finish
and worked with me on price as well.
I cannot say enough good things ab Bruce and his work.
Once again - Thanks to all that worked on the project - Especially Bruce Simon and Andy and Jim Tan from Car Nutz.

(anyone w pics i'd love to see some posted - i really dont have any)
Oh and Ahmed - wasn't mad at you in the least- its that lady at the gate that p'ed me off - she all but called me a liar ab payin in advance.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

Ahmad, I wanted to line up with you too, I knew you were there but the guy waved me into your lane...sorry. You were clearly faster than me, I did not get in one clean run, even my 11.13 pass I had to shut down early, on the bottle with the MT's I was getting out of the hole great, the starting box was prepped perfectly, I laid down 3 back to back 1.66 60ft's, problem was that I was breaking the tires loose at the 1/8 and 1000ft markers, if anyone has video of any of my passes it will be clearly evident, I nearly hit the wall on one pass I got so far out of the groove. Did you have them spray the entire track with VHT?

I'm not gonna sit here and make excuses, you have the fastest CLK, hand down and thanks again for puting on a great event.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey man,

Yes, I'm glad you noticed, I was letting off way early, as I stated before I even shut down just shy of the 1/4 mile on my 11.13 pass, tires breaking loose and getting a little sideways at 120 mph on soft sided slicks is not a lot of fun.

Also of note my 11.13 pass was with a 70 shot and my 100 octane ECU tune, I was preparred to run a 150 shot with a 120 octane NOS only ECU, I was having problems with bottle temp/pressure so I did not want to risk blowing something up. I left some on the table by shutting down and I left even more on the table with the biger shot and NOS ECU.

I am going to be raod racing in Texas in 2 weeks and then leaving my car at my house in Dallas for the winter. I am going to rent out the Hennesey drag strip in Texas in late January to take another stab at 10's
Old 11-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by jrcart
Ahmad, I wanted to line up with you too, I knew you were there but the guy waved me into your lane...sorry. You were clearly faster than me, I did not get in one clean run, even my 11.13 pass I had to shut down early, on the bottle with the MT's I was getting out of the hole great, the starting box was prepped perfectly, I laid down 3 back to back 1.66 60ft's, problem was that I was breaking the tires loose at the 1/8 and 1000ft markers, if anyone has video of any of my passes it will be clearly evident, I nearly hit the wall on one pass I got so far out of the groove. Did you have them spray the entire track with VHT?

I'm not gonna sit here and make excuses, you have the fastest CLK, hand down and thanks again for puting on a great event.
To be honest, I was hoping you would be a bit more friendly. When I saw you pull up I tried to come over and talk to you but it seemed like you didnt want to talk to me at all. Even when I introduced myself you were not very receptive. I'm sorry you didn't get any clean runs but there were cars there putting down much more power and running single digit passes. I was on bald bfg drag radials since my CCW's were made in the wrong offset I think the problem you are having is mixing bias ply tires in the rear with radial tires in the front. Your car will get squirrely on the top end when you mix tires. Either get some skinnies made for the front or switch over to mickey thompson et street radials in the rear. Just try it, I wouldn't give you bad advice.

Yes they sprayed VHT all the way down. They even put a coat of resin down on the first 60'!

Thanks for admitting whose car is faster, takes alot to do that. You are welcome, and thanks for coming to the event. I know it was a long drive. Good luck in the future

Edit: just read your other post. Come on Jim, you just said you weren't gonna make excuses. You were slower than a car that was on pump gas, no nitrous, full interior (minus spare), on bald 18" bfg drag radials. I obviously had ALOT left on the table too. I know you did not let off on every pass. You AREN'T breaking the tires loose at the top end. Your car is swaying because you are MIXING bias play tires with radial tires. You THINK you are spinning them but you definitely are NOT

Last edited by blackbenzz; 11-24-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To be honest, I was hoping you would be a bit more friendly. When I saw you pull up I tried to come over and talk to you but it seemed like you didnt want to talk to me at all. Even when I introduced myself you were not very receptive. I'm sorry you didn't get any clean runs but there were cars there putting down much more power and running single digit passes. I was on bald bfg drag radials since my CCW's were made in the wrong offset I think the problem you are having is mixing bias ply tires in the rear with radial tires in the front. Your car will get squirrely on the top end when you mix tires. Either get some skinnies made for the front or switch over to mickey thompson et street radials in the rear. Just try it, I wouldn't give you bad advice.

Yes they sprayed VHT all the way down. They even put a coat of resin down on the first 60'!

Thanks for admitting whose car is faster, takes alot to do that. You are welcome, and thanks for coming to the event. I know it was a long drive. Good luck in the future
I'm sorry if I came off as unfriendly, As you know I got to the track very late, as you could see I was rushing to get my tires changed and car prepped. I only have myself and the following to blame for being late, A Night Club + 2 Bottles of Kettle One + 8 Rounds of Patron Shots (Thanks Andy) + a Brunette on a 10 month dry spell + 6 People in Markos CL at 3:00am + A Run in with DC's finest (ask Marko, LOL, DC cops are way cool) + Said Brunette keeping me up until 5:30am + Finally Getting to my hauler and finding a dead battery = a pretty bad morning for me.

Again, sorry if I came off as unfriendly, I did come looking for you a few times on foot, I found your car but you were nowhere to be found.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-24-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM

99 turbo M3
Originally Posted by jrcart
I'm sorry if I came off as unfriendly, As you know I got to the track very late, as you could see I was rushing to get my tires changed and car prepped. I only have myself and the following to blame for being late, A Night Club + 2 Bottles of Kettle One + 8 Rounds of Patron Shots (Thanks Andy) + a Brunette on a 10 month dry spell + 6 People in Markos CL at 3:00am + A Run in with DC's finest (ask Marko, LOL, DC cops are way cool) + Said Brunette keeping me up until 5:30am + Finally Getting to my hauler and finding a dead battery = a pretty bad morning for me.

Again, sorry if I came off as unfriendly, I did come looking for you a few times on foot, I found your car but you were nowhere to be found.
sounds like a fun night though
Old 11-24-2008, 02:20 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

Edit: just read your other post. Come on Jim, you just said you weren't gonna make excuses. You were slower than a car that was on pump gas, no nitrous, full interior (minus spare), on bald 18" bfg drag radials. I obviously had ALOT left on the table too. I know you did not let off on every pass. You AREN'T breaking the tires loose at the top end. Your car is swaying because you are MIXING bias play tires with radial tires. You THINK you are spinning them but you definitely are NOT
Ahmad, no question you killed it at the strip. That being said Jim's BS is setup so far from a quarter mile car it's not even funny. A softer suspension (even like the setup found in my C63) would knock .3 off easily.
I also respectfully disagree that he's not spinning at 1000ft+, if you watch the car run you can see it. Yes he wandered out of the groove but he was definitely spinning as well. I've made enough passes on 16-17" ET Streets/Drags with radials up front to know what you're talking about, but that was not the case here.
You, Jim, and I all agree that he needs 315/35/18" MT DRs to run N/A. Longer burnouts with the ETs plus a slight mod to his nitrous system will allow for him to run optimally on spray. I think you'll both run 10s very soon.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:21 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
sounds like a fun night though
Yes. Yes it was.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Benz Drag Race Showdown MIR 11/22/08 Discuss!