Sponsored by:

Front license plate mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 AMG E55
Front license plate mount

how is the front license plate supposed to be mounted? i removed mine to clean behind the license plate on the front bumper after driving through a rain storm this past weekend. I removed the license plate and then removed the plastic black plate/brackets that hold the license plate. What the HELL? It was screwed right into the front bumper? now i have two big holes there? Is that how its supposed to mount? Even my Honda Odyssey van has two bolts under the front bumper that holds up the license plate frame!?!?! I bought mine CPO from dealer. Is this how it mounts?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Yes, mine was mounted the same way when purchased as a CPO car. A clean front bumper cover will require either a repair (i.e., fill in the holes and respray if the holes aren't surface distorted), or a replacement cover (not cheap).
Old 07-22-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
germans
Originally Posted by dpavid
how is the front license plate supposed to be mounted? i removed mine to clean behind the license plate on the front bumper after driving through a rain storm this past weekend. I removed the license plate and then removed the plastic black plate/brackets that hold the license plate. What the HELL? It was screwed right into the front bumper? now i have two big holes there? Is that how its supposed to mount? Even my Honda Odyssey van has two bolts under the front bumper that holds up the license plate frame!?!?! I bought mine CPO from dealer. Is this how it mounts?
Mine is ghetto mounted too with 4 holes in the bumper. Just keep the plate on and never reveal the nasty holes.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Same w/my CPO. Lazy dealers can't sell car without the plate mounted so they just drill away.

I couldn't stand the look of it anymore so I recenlty had mine filled and repainted. Then put on euro bumper stips from Creative in SD (beautiful pieces and a must have imo) to complete the look.

Couldn't be happier.