Mercedes Bluetooth MHI Adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Mercedes Bluetooth MHI Adapter

I purchased this bluetooth accessory (5878, which is supposed to be the latest version), and I'm having trouble installing it. I followed the instructions, and plugged it in where it's supposed to go in the center console, but when I press the center button for 3 seconds as the manual suggests, the lights never come on? Is there anything else I have to do? Do I maybe have a defective unit?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Have you slid it out and in to make sure it is connected properly. It should also light up when you first open the door after the car has been locked.

I'm not sure on the 63 but on the 55 the fuse for the module is in the engine compartment fuse box. It is a 7.5 amp fuse on the left side of the box were the majority of the fuses are.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by rflow306
Have you slid it out and in to make sure it is connected properly. It should also light up when you first open the door after the car has been locked.

I'm not sure on the 63 but on the 55 the fuse for the module is in the engine compartment fuse box. It is a 7.5 amp fuse on the left side of the box were the majority of the fuses are.
Hi Albert, thanks for replying....... I tried sliding it in and out again multiple times, but it still won't light up. I'll look at the fuse box later tonight. If that's not it, then I'm taking it back.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Black C63 Eurocharged V5
is it lighting up at all??

i just installed mine in the pitch dark. the manual said it would start flashing faster once i pushed the button. which did nothing. anyhow...heres what I did..

1-pluged in the plug....make sure its aligned correctly. theres a little female grove on the car and a male grove on the bt part.

2--turned the ignition on and set the display to phone. the thing started flashing.

3-tried the button hold thing which did nothing.

4--enabled bt on my phone(i had it disabled) and searched for devices. low and behold--Mercedes benz blutooth device!!

5--paired the bt to my phone and tested it--worked fine.

if u have blue light try to pair. no light....perhaps u have the socket in backward.
hope this helps....
Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by HYEPWR
is it lighting up at all??

i just installed mine in the pitch dark. the manual said it would start flashing faster once i pushed the button. which did nothing. anyhow...heres what I did..

1-pluged in the plug....make sure its aligned correctly. theres a little female grove on the car and a male grove on the bt part.

2--turned the ignition on and set the display to phone. the thing started flashing.

3-tried the button hold thing which did nothing.

4--enabled bt on my phone(i had it disabled) and searched for devices. low and behold--Mercedes benz blutooth device!!

5--paired the bt to my phone and tested it--worked fine.

if u have blue light try to pair. no light....perhaps u have the socket in backward.
hope this helps....
When I plug it in, there is no light what so ever. Then even after I press-and-hold the star button, I still don't get any light

I tried using my friend's brand new unit, and it light-up exactly like the manual said.

I'm going to try your method right now..... and I'll report back
Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63
mine turned on after holding the button. if your friend's unit worked in your car, i would suspect that maybe something is wrong with your unit.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Nope......

It's not working. I'm pretty sure I have a defective unit. I bought it off E-Bay for $249. The seller has a very good reputation. He offered full re-fund of price and shipping. I'll keep hunting for another one I guess.

Thanks for your help though, it was worth a try