W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any consensus on aftermarket Star Diagnosis systems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
Any consensus on aftermarket Star Diagnosis systems?

I've been thinking about buying a full-blown aftermarket Star Diagnosis system so I will have the capability to do a lot more than my Autoenginuity setup provides. I searched and couldn't find any dispostive threads on this topic.

There are several sellers on eBay, several out of China, one out of Canada, and at least one based in the USA. Anyone using one from one of these vendors and have a recommenation?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
BrianS got a really nice looking kit with case.

My guy is just awesome but you don't get the nifty case.

Both our system work great!!!

Can do a whole bunch with it but you can also really f the car up. Just gotta be careful when you get in a play around with it.

Mine came with a Star SIM program that you can play around with without messing the car up.

Bri should chime in, if not pm him for his supplier.

Here's my guy on Ebay.

Tell him the guy from MBWorld website sent ya. I don't get anything from it but he is blown away how many guys really want this system. I keep trying to get him to sponsor here at MBworld to help the site out.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG; 1995 Porsche 993 Cab.
I've been looking at the same thing for a while now...Looked @ Jim's recommendation on the Ebay guy... but after two weeks & about two messages, he still hasn't responded to questions.. I guess business is good for him...
Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Wow, sorry bout that man. He was out for a few weeks in June on vaca.

If you emailed him in July and got no response, then I have no excuses.

I do have to remind you guys though that technically, this is illegal. We are purchasing a Benz star system and then using Star software that has been hacked (whether cracked or using key gens) to access the software.

Benz would NEVER allow us to have this kind of access to their cars normally.

Bottom line, these guys don't consider customer service a top priority but this guy has a killer track record on Ebay even when customers have problems with the units.

Here's his Ebay track record.

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/zindex0/

Not like any of us are gonna go to the big house over this or anything. This guy IS pretty paranoid about getting sued by Benz, so he is pretty cautious over the phone etc.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Can you tune with his system? If so, to what level?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e55 w/LET TUNE Drinks: vodka STRAIGHT Wheels: 19" HRE 547r Mods:FF headers ASP Pulley
$125 shipping wow
Old 07-29-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG; 1995 Porsche 993 Cab.
Hey Jim,

Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining about that supplier... not really what I was trying to convey..

Just a little frustrated that you'd given such high praise with your purchase, but nada on responses from any questions from me...

BTW I'm still looking for a unit too. I intend to keep this car for as long as I can!

And technically, Benz has to allow Joe Schmoe access to Star Systems... I'ts just that the cost of entry is a little out of line with reality $10k/yr last time I looked.