MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by tthoang1
Oldie but a goodie.
Do you have a sound clip of your 360
Old 07-29-2008, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
So who has the JUICE now? PUN INTENDED!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Thanks Mr. Vanos, good post. Put things in perspective for me.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2004 E55 AMG; 1995 Porsche 993 Cab.
No axe to grind either way here.... but for reference, perhaps it's time for a quick refresher...

https://mbworld.org/forums/faq.php?f...q_new_faq_item

Everyone take a long breath, and get back to talking about cars

Last edited by D Bst; 07-29-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Wow! What is a newbie to think of all this.

I remember a Veteran member revolt on Ls1.com (2000) that they never recovered from. All the Vets started a new site that exploded in growth. I hope that is not the case, as I was just becoming fond of this site and the help of the Vet members. Saved a lot of money already and car is getting faster every day!!!! Hate to see Juicee (Vet racers) leave.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Jason- I really do appreciate you being around here since 2001. When I started MBWorld (even before it was called MBWorld) at home at 2 in the morning one night many years ago, my motivation was to create a place to bring people together and share information. Fast forward to several years and 90k members later. Things are not as simple anymore. Nothing to do with the fact that the site was sold. Things get complicated as sites like this grow. Having to manage 10's of thousands of members; everyone has their gripes and issues- be it big or small; trying to make as many of the masses happy as possible. Do you realize the amount of emails and inquiries we receive each day? Certainly doesn't make things any easier. Everyone has their own perception of reality. Unless you're in the trenches, you can only paint your own picture. So I will tell you that just because you've been a citizen for many years doesn't mean you know how the government "works". Moderators do what they can to keep things in order, but it's the members who can dictate which direction the site takes. And it frustrates and saddens me when I see threads like this. People complain that the site has taken a turn; I say the members have a BIG role in which direction that goes. Just look at this thread. Everyone has an agenda.

I have to take offense to the comments you made above that were uncalled for. One, because there is no truth or basis to them. Like many others, you make a lot of assumptions and you come up with your own conclusions- so state them as so rather than making blatant comments. The comments regarding "evosport" are a total cop out. I'm personally tired of hearing them. People love using that as a scapegoat. Second, the site was sold yes. We're not sitting on some island, sipping champagne and collecting royalties. We're still here. And of course we care. Some of us have been doing this for 8 years! We don't single people out unless there's a good reason for it. It's simple: someone was given a warning for not following the terms of use. That's it. Leave it at that. Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be. That user can make a decision in which direction they wish to go. People ask to moderate evenly yet they want to be the exception. We have rules. We HAVE to have rules. Unfortunately, we don't have 90,000 mature adults on this site. In this world, laws are meant for those who couldn't otherwise maintain order which we know is not everyone...yet they must apply to everyone.

But some people have nothing better to do than perpetuate the issues the wrong way. The attitudes and sarcastic responses alone speak volumes. If people want to look at the big picture, I suggest they post something meaningful and positive. And I welcome people to make comments, suggestions and discuss issues like this. I'm in no way saying shut up and deal with it. But do so in a constructive manner. If you want to achieve your objective for the good of the community, the way to do it is in your hands. And that will make all the difference.
Josh, I must agree with Brad and Simon on this one.

It is really a simple matter. Let it go.

Lets concentrate on making 63s go faster.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
junk
Well I think things should have been handled according to their importance. A boss gives someone a warning, IT'S YOUR JOB!!! Do it and move on. But this is just a forum. People post and don't want to be treated like they are working!!! I would have went to gixx and said, "Dude, I got a couple emails about xxx, the new owners run it a little tighter. Can you help me out and just chill on the XXXX comments?)

For the most part posters here are 30's to what, 50's? There is an easier way to talk to people. If 1 point means nothing, don't do it. Just send above email. Done.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E55 AMG
I see a lot of posts like this on this forum and haven't encountered that anywhere else.. I've been active at Nasioc, E90Post, M3Forum, among others. Should I look elsewhere to start in a Mercedes community?

Paul
Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
So Admin agrees my post was a violation of the TOU and worthy of a "warning"?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM

GT-R
Not to hijack the thread, but is the "disciplinary system" posted anywhere for us to read? I'm interested in knowing what actions will cause one to get an infraction, warning, suspension, ban, etc. TIA.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:01 PM

2008 ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
Not to hijack the thread, but is the "disciplinary system" posted anywhere for us to read? I'm interested in knowing what actions will cause one to get an infraction, warning, suspension, ban, etc. TIA.
i think it might be in the FAQ, not sure because i will admit to not reading it. i figured this board was ran like the other IB boards.

Like on honda-tech, if you post an expletive it says expletive and no points are taken. seems strange to have a bad word filter and still take points away though, since the filter blocks the word out then there is no infraction? and putting *'s and not an actual cuss word gets points taken?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Josh,

Leaving the forum. Hmmmm. I bet if you were a crack junkie you could drop that just as easy. I don't think so.

Best Regards,
Jon
Old 07-29-2008, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by juicee63
josh, don't let it get to u bro. take it for what it is and let's move on and enjoy our 63s.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Originally Posted by Zingzang23
I see a lot of posts like this on this forum and haven't encountered that anywhere else.. I've been active at Nasioc, E90Post, M3Forum, among others. Should I look elsewhere to start in a Mercedes community?

Paul
Dude, there has NOT been a lof of posts like this. You've only been here for a nanosecond. Be around a little longer before you start making statements like that... Or you are welcome to look elsewhere.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
To be honest, I personally think it could have been worthy of more than a warning. You were NOT put on probation. You were NOT given an infraction. You were simply sent a PM as a courtesy from an admin to watch your language.

Let's waste more bandwidth and time and perhaps you can explain to me why you think you are above everyone else and deserve special treatment?

Or we can move on and get back to talking about Mercedes-Benz. In your hands...
Old 07-29-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Josh I got a "warning" the other day also for spellin a word with symbols. Its only a warning that they dont want thoes words here. no biggie realy bro.
but maybe we should get rid of the BS smiley since I know what it means and its not alowed to type it out?

I do have one gripe though this site may have 90K+ members in numbers total over the years. but how many realy post here or still even read info here? I would bet less than half that 90K so let be real of thoes facts please.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
I do have one gripe though this site may have 90K+ members in numbers total over the years. but how many realy post here or still even read info here? I would bet less than half that 90K so let be real of thoes facts please.
Ok, so we only have to manage 45,000 users. Better?? That just took a HUGE load of my time...sweet!

As far as reading the site, there's probably 500,000 users who read the site but have never registered. But they don't really count
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
Josh I got a "warning" the other day also for spellin a word with symbols. Its only a warning that they dont want thoes words here. no biggie realy bro.
but maybe we should get rid of the BS smiley since I know what it means and its not alowed to type it out?

RocketW19; I still can't believe they let you get away with that avatar( yum!). Props to admin for not making you change that, I am on some other auto forums and they have a zero tolerace for any questionable pics of women. So cut these guys just a little slack.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by jrcart
RocketW19; I still can't believe they let you get away with that avatar( yum!). Props to admin for not making you change that, I am on some other auto forums and they have a zero tolerace for any questionable pics of women. So cut these guys just a little slack.

Can't let this place turn into a complete sausage fest.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Question

Originally Posted by otoupalik
Josh,

You used a word that we don't allow. The COMPLETE site admin and ownership agrees that these words are not allowed.

You were given a WARNING, not even a VIOLATION. This was out of respect to your standing on the site. Most would have been given an infraction.

I am sorry that you don't want to follow the rules. But you intentionally wrote out the word in a way that would be clear for people to see what you meant.

It is just not the way this site is. It has nothing to do with me, it is a SITE decision that we all support.

I personally would not want you to leave this site, but you are an adult and can make any decisions you choose. However, nearly 90,000 members follow the rules, we are only asking that you do as well.

Thanks
Brad
I'm what I guess you can call a lurker. I've been posting mostly on another site. I came back recently and remembered why I liked it here. It's a much cleaner look, allows interesting smilies and has interesting conversation. I hate to think that there is something going on which will drive people away.

I see that the FAQ covers inappropriate language, and the censor feature. Is there something more specific on what is/isn't allowed? Some people do intentionally try to drop the f-bomb, or other language, but some of it is pretty harmless. Is something like "that darn car wouldn't start" or "that car is a piece of crap" not allowed, because that's just a euphemism for something else? Or is it better to use something like #$%@ which is a universal expression of frustration?

I'm not trolling, just trying to understand what the rules are under the new? management. I didn't realize there had been a change, since I was away for so long.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
What is interesting is the way language has been used here in the past. Over the last two + years since I have been reading posts, people constantly used profanity by clever use of certain keys and by spelling the word incorrectly. All of a sudden this type of language is being policed. Hey, I will abide and conform all written words to the acceptable standard. It's just going to take awhile for all people to get used to the rules being applied more stringently. This is a great site and frankly most interesting when the topic is, well, on topic.

Josh, glad to see you are reading the posts made by your supporters. You are my hero, welcome back!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by sack5000
What is interesting is the way language has been used here in the past. Over the last two + years since I have been reading posts, people constantly used profanity by clever use of certain keys and by spelling the word incorrectly. All of a sudden this type of language is being policed. Hey, I will abide and conform all written words to the acceptable standard. It's just going to take awhile for all people to get used to the rules being applied more stringently. This is a great site and frankly most interesting when the topic is, well, on topic.

Josh, glad to see you are reading the posts made by your supporters. You are my hero, welcome back!!!!!!
It does make for more interesting rants when expletives are replaced with more colorful, TOU acceptable language.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Veteran here just registering on this thread.

Hi Jason, Simon, Brad, Vadim, Jim, Josh and all you nice 90,000 members!

It's a simple miscommunication/misunderstanding. Let's all just move on and talk about modding!

Still need to dyno this stupid beater!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by zitsky
I'm what I guess you can call a lurker. I've been posting mostly on another site. I came back recently and remembered why I liked it here. It's a much cleaner look, allows interesting smilies and has interesting conversation. I hate to think that there is something going on which will drive people away.

I see that the FAQ covers inappropriate language, and the censor feature. Is there something more specific on what is/isn't allowed? Some people do intentionally try to drop the f-bomb, or other language, but some of it is pretty harmless. Is something like "that darn car wouldn't start" or "that car is a piece of crap" not allowed, because that's just a euphemism for something else? Or is it better to use something like #$%@ which is a universal expression of frustration?

I'm not trolling, just trying to understand what the rules are under the new? management. I didn't realize there had been a change, since I was away for so long.
You should really lurk around here more often

With regards to your comments, we expect people know where to draw the line. We don't feel we need to create a list of words which are or are not allowed. Those words get automatically censored anyway when you attempt to spell them...correctly at least. I don't feel this is the issue. Like you implied, some people like to push the envelope (which is fine...just be prepared for it to break at some point and deal with the consequences). We all know what "harmless" is. The F word (regardless of how creative you decide to write it) is the F word. A 10-year old kid will still know what you mean whether you spell it out or get creative.

Someone commented about this not being an issue in the past. No, it's always been against the terms of use, but some just got away with it. Doesn't make it right. For some people, driving faster than the posted speed limit isn't illegal until they get caught.

And by the way, there are no different rules under the new management. These are the same rules since day one. Thanks again for lurking!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
let's focus on the purpose of this site..

MB enthusiasts who want to avoid paying high dollar dealer fees and charges and would like to go faster!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Goodbye MBWORLD