W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ownage Alert in the Black Series Forum?? What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Ownage Alert in the Black Series Forum?? What do you guys think?

Click on over to the Black Series Forum and check out the thread "JUST WON THIS BABY"

What do you think? I smell some OWNAGE!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Who cares? I don't mean offense to anyone here, but will someone please explain this obssession with ownage? Obviously, I am fairly new to the forum but I just don't get these threads.

The way I see it, all of these "posers" want to be just like you. You should be flattered and you should be reminded of how nice your ride is.

Someone help me understand, seriously, no sarcasm/BS, I don't get it.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 MB
Originally Posted by efivefiveamg
Who cares? I don't mean offense to anyone here, but will someone please explain this obssession with ownage? Obviously, I am fairly new to the forum but I just don't get these threads.

The way I see it, all of these "posers" want to be just like you. You should be flattered and you should be reminded of how nice your ride is.

I'm with you 100% and don't get it either. I'm not sure who is worse. The people supposedly being "owned" or the people so excited about seeing it happen.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS

It keeps us busy thru the day and its entertainment. As you said you are new to the forum and as you get know some of the members and share the passions that we have all had for a while; you will grow to dislike those who try to be like us yet choose fraudulent ways of informing and attempting to mimmick us.

Its ok for a member who wants to be like another member but its different when said member steals photos or rebadges their car to be like us. And then goes and posts pics claiming to be an owner.

As for the thread, I havent even checked yet but if its lie why come and post pics of a car that you want but never really got and claim you got it. Expect to be called out.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone

A. Because it's funny.

B. Because these people are perpetrating lies and stealing adulation from those who earned these cars. They're basically thieves.

If you don't like it, stay away from those threads.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 08-06-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:01 PM

2004 E55
Vic (and OP for that matter), I am glad you chimed in. I don't post here much but I certainly read and gather a lot of insight from well respected members such as yourselves.

I have to disagree with a few comments you made. I won't grow to dislike these "posers" and I have no problem with people debadging or even putting "amg", etc, badges on their cars. To each their own -- imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I do think there is a lot of truth to much of the rest of what you said. Seems like roasting these guys is done more for the fun of it and honestly, when its done in good fun (and good taste) I too enjoy reading the threads. But when people are clearly just looking for a rise out of us (see e.g. the Gallardo thread) why give it to them.

On to more important matters, you have the sickest 6 I have ever seen!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 PM

E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
Vic (and OP for that matter), I am glad you chimed in. I don't post here much but I certainly read and gather a lot of insight from well respected members such as yourselves.

I have to disagree with a few comments you made. I won't grow to dislike these "posers" and I have no problem with people debadging or even putting "amg", etc, badges on their cars. To each their own -- imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I do think there is a lot of truth to much of the rest of what you said. Seems like roasting these guys is done more for the fun of it and honestly, when its done in good fun (and good taste) I too enjoy reading the threads. But when people are clearly just looking for a rise out of us (see e.g. the Gallardo thread) why give it to them.

On to more important matters, you have the sickest 6 I have ever seen!
+1, like nacho libre said... "streachy pants.....is for fun"
DAMN i know, Vic's two rides on the sig are S IIIIIIIII CK
Old 08-06-2008, 02:06 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
A. Because it's funny.

B. Because these people are perpetrating lies and stealing adulation from those who earned these cars. They're basically stealing.

If you don't like it, stay away from those threads.
CH - I do stay away from the threads. I was just looking for a bit of insight. As to your points: your first point I agree with when its done in good taste, your second point I would guess is more a matter of opinion, I have never felt slighted or robbed by any of these "posers."

Now, by analogy, if someone is producing fake merchandise/etc and selling for a profit, I would have a problem with it (see for e.g. dealerships who put AMG badges on cars on their lot). But these guys aren't doing that...
Old 08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
CH - I do stay away from the threads. I was just looking for a bit of insight. As to your points: your first point I agree with when its done in good taste, your second point I would guess is more a matter of opinion, I have never felt slighted or robbed by any of these "posers."

Now, by analogy, if someone is producing fake merchandise/etc and selling for a profit, I would have a problem with it (see for e.g. dealerships who put AMG badges on cars on their lot). But these guys aren't doing that...
On these forums the only currency we have is the strength of our words and the integrity of our speech. Some seek to usurp that power and debase the very point of what we're here to do. And for that, I set them on fire and let everyone else watch.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:13 PM

2004 E55
On these forums the only currency we have is the strength of our words and the integrity of our speech. Some seek to usurp that power and debase the very point of what we're here to do. And for that, I set them on fire and let everyone else watch.
Hmmm...I think I see where you are going here...and if so, I can appreciate it.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
This forum's becoming over run by acne-ridden teenage boys who lie a lot. Weeding them out is the only way to maintain some kind of equilibrium.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
It keeps us busy thru the day and its entertainment.
Spot on V!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Spot on V!!!
Ha Jim I knew you would like it.

Some of the ownage posts have gone a little overboard but others have opened up the pervebial "can of worms" with potential vendors and businesses that I feel our members can not be exposed to.

As mentioned in the Black Series post, we have our own CSI unit

Thanks for comps on the cars, I try to make them just right. I will always be a Benz fan, just taking a vacay right now.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:27 PM

2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
I'm with you CH. I read and post in the ownage threads b/c they're fun and it sends a message to wanna be posers. I used to know a poser personally, so when I called him out on Fchat, he wasn't just an anonymous sig on a forum. I just got tired of reading his lies in a forum that I considered a community of enthusiasts.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by racetested
I'm with you 100% and don't get it either. I'm not sure who is worse. The people supposedly being "owned" or the people so excited about seeing it happen.
It got you to look and chime in, didn't it? You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Being a BS'er is one thing, but at least dot your I's and cross your T's, most of the people on this board actually own the $75-$150k+ vehicles they claim to own and most of those very same people that own said vehicles are very educated and smart individuals that are smart enough to spot when they seeit, so don't come around here trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. It's not going to work on this board.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 PM

2003 E240
+1 CH, there needs to be some kind of order to the disarray of the internet and public humiliation is the only thing that can be done. There is no policing force that patrols this forum really, but to have some sort of punishment for imposters which is controlled by the people is this forum is good, and entertaining. I wouldn't like buying a 50k (or whatever) car and then having people who are just random internet drifters high jack my pictures and say it was theirs, because essentially that is what is done. Or forking out all the monies for a CLKBS then having some artard get a AMGBS badge and put it on their CLK320.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
the truth (back by popular demand via "my garage"):

"You can't handle the truth. E55BENZAMG, we live in a mbworld that has smarts, and all posts have to be guarded by men with real cars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, E55BENZAMG? We, the 211 brothers, have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep b/c of your post and you curse the brothers here. You have that luxury. You do not have the luxury of not knowing what we know: your faux auto collection's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And our existence here, while mod manic and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want us here on the board, you need us here on the board. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something sacred here on our beloved board. You use them as a punchline. We have neither the time nor the inclination to explain ourselves to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom of posts that we provide and then questions the manner in which we scrutinize them. We would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a real car, take photos, then post. Either way, we don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

are you talking to me? i'm right here...(ibid)

ps-where the heck is Rock? did he really post for the last time in sympathy, given the mod vs member posts?

Last edited by m52e55; 08-06-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They need an OWNAGE HALL OF INFAMY Sticky on the board.

I say we start our own-age and lobby the mods to make it a sticky, it would be priceless. I've only been on here for less than a year and have seen some classics, I would leove to hear about some that took place before my time
Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Originally Posted by jrcart
I believe there was one ... wasn't it stickied here in the E forum? I thought it was called the Jangy house of something ... where Jangy himself was written about.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
here ya go

I say we start our own-age and lobby the mods to make it a sticky, it would be priceless. I've only been on here for less than a year and have seen some classics, I would leove to hear about some that took place before my time
https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/185110-official-ownage-page.html
Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015

Ill give you an example.

On my usual cruise at night a few cars might come next to me and talk at the lights, ''wanah do a roll on race from 40'', I say sure, they pose... 60 I saw sure, they pose more then say I raced a 55k AMG the other day and past it by two cars. I saw great we still on for the roll ?

we race and pass x car by numerous lengths. After we are done and chat again, I explain to them and say '' what you raced was a fake body kit car'' and begin to tell them how to spot them.

What do you learn from this?
Poser cars can give people the wrong impression on the car you drive. They talk about it with friends, in public places and so on how they smoked this AMG and that, when it turns out all they raced was a 200k re badged car with body kit.

Best is when you get to eye up one of these posers for a race
  • They either don't try because they know they will get owned
  • or they are silly and bite ...Funniest thing is some believe the body kit stuff makes the car FASTER!

Any way that’s one example, other was mentioned when they steal your pics and say the car is theirs, agree though that sometimes some members get a little bit to excited over some one getting owned

Last edited by Zod; 08-07-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i

Boredom?

In any event, it can be amusing for a moment or two and then I just pass on to the next more worthwhile thread.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
I love you for that....so entertaining.....
Old 08-07-2008, 10:08 AM

08 MB
It got you to look and chime in, didn't it? You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Being a BS'er is one thing, but at least dot your I's and cross your T's, most of the people on this board actually own the $75-$150k+ vehicles they claim to own and most of those very same people that own said vehicles are very educated and smart individuals that are smart enough to spot when they seeit, so don't come around here trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. It's not going to work on this board.
I chimed in on how I don't get why people care. Ignore them if they are full of BS instead of acknowledging them. Then again I suppose I'm no better caring about people like you caring.

On that note I'm done and moving on to more worthwhile posts as BlackSport350 mentioned.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Sigged!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ownage Alert in the Black Series Forum?? What do you guys think?