Suspension Stuck in Sport II?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Suspension Stuck in Sport II?

I have noticed over the past four months that the car rides much harder than it used to. Checked the tire pressures and they are fine.

Took it in, and the dealer said that everything felt normal. The S.A. did mention that sometimes the valve gets stuck if the modes are not switched often. When I drove off, I noticed that it still felt overly stiff to me.

Has anyone ever had their suspension get stuck in Sport II? Any idea how to reset the system? Do I need to ask them to test the valve/actuator?

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
"Stiff" is relative, so lets try this. Can you feel a difference when going from comfort to sport II? I feel it. If you don't, then you may have an issue. If the car is just tight, then you have luck
Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
"Stiff" is relative, so lets try this. Can you feel a difference when going from comfort to sport II? I feel it. If you don't, then you may have an issue. If the car is just tight, then you have luck
If there is a difference, it is tiny. I was testing it out yesterday on the way home. Undulations in the road were a fraction more noticeable in Sport II, but when I hit an expansion joint, the car banged over them the same way in either setting.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Aaaaah, i don't think the valves are your issue. Have your bushings, front control arms, and steering rack checked. Mine is doing that, too along with the creaking at low speed turns and it is looking like the rack.