W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has raised REV. limiter and shift points?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
I havent said anything to you or about you in a while, now youre trying to drag me back into this? VRP insider? I have no clue what youre talking about. You really do have some issues pal. You are the one out of your mind stooping to religous and racial slurs over a car argument. I wont stoop to your level to argue with you, enjoy being the whipping pole, you sure do ask for it.
It was mutual....for a moment. I'm not dragging you into anything. You swim deep in it.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Why don't you ask your tuner? I'm done schooling you.
Why send pms, then?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by jangy
It was mutual....for a moment. I'm not dragging you into anything. You swim deep in it.
All i did was point out your feebile immature rant and attampt at a racial attack against a fellow member. Your just so hot headed that you take that as me getting involved. I dont even know what youre talking about here, but as ususal you show your true colors in a NY minute, then wonder why people call you out
Old 08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
In my experience as an engine builder/tuner/driver. You want to let the engine rev out so it catches at a more ideal rpm in the following gear. Some people will say. Don't do it because you are not making any more power. That might be true. but at the speeds your car will be at. It doesn't need to make more power to keep accelerating. (We are racing on the track not on the dyno) In my experiences in drag racing, gearing is critical for the best ets. Why bog down 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd, when you can land in the sweet spot and keep pulling without any lag time? I think this is a great idea. Somewhere around 7000 rpm should be suitable and drop some time. But I wouldn't get too carried away without replacing the valve springs and retainers. Hope this helps!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
That's the pompousness i was looking for. Let me guess.....WASP? Attend meeting regularly?
Jangy, delete that crap, nothing makes a poster look smaller (or dumber) than a racial attack.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
...Let me guess.....WASP? Attend meeting regularly?
This thread headed for the ishter far too quickly when jangy got his uppity ego ruffled. He is a proud Persian and is not to be trifled with under any circumstances, regardless of his misleading and incorrect posts.

jangy, much to your consternation, there are many here with far more first-hand technical insight and mechanical engineering knowledge than you. They and I have personally assembled, tuned, and optimized high performance engines and have a firm grasp on what doing so entails. Your forte is Biotech, no? When you post up nonsensical and incorrect data combined with your trademark theoretical puffery, you should undoubtedly expect to be called on it.

ChicagoX and JAYCL600 do indeed know what’s up. It’s more than signing a check or three that dictates admiration and respect from the members’ perspective. You’ll not 'half-way house' them anytime soon irrespective of your poorly conceived posts, or as in this thread, your tragically pathetic race-baiting diatribe.

Disclosure: I've purchased hardware from VRP and LET.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by Max.H
In my experience as an engine builder/tuner/driver. You want to let the engine rev out so it catches at a more ideal rpm in the following gear. Some people will say. Don't do it because you are not making any more power. That might be true. but at the speeds your car will be at. It doesn't need to make more power to keep accelerating. (We are racing on the track not on the dyno) In my experiences in drag racing, gearing is critical for the best ets. Why bog down 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd, when you can land in the sweet spot and keep pulling without any lag time? I think this is a great idea. Somewhere around 7000 rpm should be suitable and drop some time. But I wouldn't get too carried away without replacing the valve springs and retainers. Hope this helps!

Exactly my point but after 55 replies,,, I do not know if any tuner is doing this with their tune and WHO on this board is shifting higher?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
My best guess would be to check with powerchips. It would be nice if it can be done for a moderate price.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
All i did was point out your feebile immature rant and attampt at a racial attack against a fellow member. Your just so hot headed that you take that as me getting involved. I dont even know what youre talking about here, but as ususal you show your true colors in a NY minute, then wonder why people call you out
Is that all you did and I dragged you right in? And it is a good thing you don't know what we are talking about, isn't it? I don't wonder. For the millionth time, there is a huge difference between calling me out and stalking....
Old 08-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Jangy, delete that crap, nothing makes a poster look smaller (or dumber) than a racial attack.
Not gonna happen. I could care less what these members think anymore. I'm here to get my enthusiast fix and an occasional learning. Other than that, the social site has been dead to me for a few weeks when a real friend went dark. You think its just coincidence that I keep running into crap from these guys? Screw em. I've dealt with bullies before and this is no different. One good pop to the snout and they start breathing air again.