W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG tries to crash Ferrari California debut with 65BS!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by RENNTECH36
I simply stated that I would bet that SL65 Black Series that we have coming that there is not one sold to a customer in the United States yet. Period. Not to the president of MBUSA or the guy who offered them 2 million dollars for one (if there is such a guy).
To be the first you dont need money.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
I would bet that SL65 Black Series that we have coming that there is not one sold to a customer in the United States yet. Period.
u just lost ur bet...
Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
What a wonderful looking car... Spoiler could mbe be slightly more discrete and the wheels I dont like either.

Yet no one has mentioned the price? ~320k for that car is bananas. The colour bwteen the door and rear panel looks off unless its just the shade / angle.

Sorry trying to find fault so I can say its not worth it.... but I can't really.

One thing that IS disappointing : its just a remapped and 65 V12 with bigger turbo's and I/C. They could have done more to the motor surely, although I suppose they did not need to...

Still the 5spd box I assume?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BS
ok send me a picture of a us customerand his sl black series, along with your address and I'll make sure to send you my bs. You are beating a dead tree and arguing with the wrong person about this.

Also I never said it was about money.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
The original poster is a jerk and as a matter of fact

you're all jerks for showing that to me. I looked at all 31 pictures...and yep, you're all jerks. Just knowing that the machine in the picture even exists changes my outlook. Why oh why could I not just proceed with my happy little life not knowing about it or having seen it. I'd liken having seen it to the same feeling felt by a long-time E320 driver (who thought all E-Classes drove exactly the same) who gets his first drive in an E55 or E63, but can't actually realistically afford one. I guess I could look at this car if I planned on living in it.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I simply stated that I would bet that SL65 Black Series that we have coming that there is not one sold to a customer in the United States yet. Period. Not to the president of MBUSA or the guy who offered them 2 million dollars for one (if there is such a guy).

Oh and your right, we definitely won't be the first, and honestly couldn't care if were the last... All I know is I will have daily seat time in one when it does get released in the US, and to me, thats good enough
All allocations from my understanding have been sold. When I placed my deposit I was told that. However a deposit is just that, a deposit. It is understood that the US SPEC car has not been given to MBUSA yet and that not a single soul at MBUSA has one from my understanding.

I would not expect this car to hit our shores until next year according to my dealer and AMG Performance Studios.