Sponsored by:

change from euro elite tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Neveo, I think you should bring your car to dealer to flash ecu back to stock before you can do any new ecu tune. Evotech lock their code so nobody can get in. I'll my car in tomorrow for ecu reflash. Good luck
Old 09-03-2008, 06:48 PM

07 BMW X5
Originally Posted by neveo
i have never taken a car to a drag race or track. before kids some 17 years ago i use to track motorcycles. kind of emabarrased about the first time i do it. sort of like sex the first time with a hot girl.. dont want anyone to laugh at my performance

Everyone seems have been pretty busy the last couple of months, but us BA guys should get together for drag night either at Sac or Infinion.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
im driving to VRP wednesday from the bay area. cant wait to see what Vadim will pull out of it with his tune. will have him go through some of my previous mods to make sure everything is alright...
Old 09-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I disagree with rocket on all tuners being the same. If that were the case, why would so many have already NEEDED to get Vadim / PC to fix their tunes? I'm an Adam fan (of sorts), so i don't wanna bash Euroelites. But, I can vouch that VRP and now Powerchip are committed to gaining a strong understanding of the 55K and anow 63 engines. Without learning the levers, you can't do an in-depth tune. Then, add the fact that Vadim offers custom tuning for the ones that need fixes or want unique configurations and it makes the choice simple.

My take on the tuners (as always, uneducated and biased):

VRP / PC: I think PC is sitting pretty right now. They have really dialed in on the E55 and there are lots of us. The TQ limiting parameters were the biggest issues, and there are lots. Their newest revision is really clean.

EVOsport: I assume they use Powerchip for their tuning...

RennTech: I think they know a few levers on the E55, but have not bothered to look into the nuances of MY variations, especially with respect to TQ limitations. They can play with it, but nowhere near as aggressive as Powerchip. The 63, on the other hand, RennTech has put lots of time into. I don't have one, but a friend does and has been happy with the development process.

Kleeman: I'm still not sure what they are good at, except maybe tuning an '03 E55. My assumption is that they put as much resources as they intend to for that setup early on and have not bothered to go back and revamp since. I just don't like using an old MB flash and never updating it. It just makes for too many outdated things when you go in for warranty.

LET, etc.: Well, I am a tuner too and I even have a shop.

Speed Innovations..... well, is there much to say?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jangy
I had Adams' Tune and it was ok for me..LET retuned and it was better imo...I now have a dyno tune from LET and car has smooth power for my C32...They do Tunes for many applications and seem to extract more then others while remaining safe with the perimeters and IATs as well as AF...I personally met all of the LET people and can say I never met people that seem so dedicated to stuff for our cars. Now keep in mind I never met C3P or VRPs or any other owners/creators so it don't mean they aren't the same or better.

No disrespect to any other Tuner/s.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 PM

05 e55
I can vouche for LET as well as i have their tune and it is rock solid.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
LET, etc.: Well, I am a tuner too and I even have a shop...
And they have the fastest C32, SRT6, and street-tired E55.

And they are ALL faster than you.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM

05 e55
not trying to bash Adam and or Euro elites aswell. they were really good with me, from the start i thought that my car was missing something in higher rpms. no cel or nothing weird just that it is missing something that being some power. .took it back and it dynoed at 460 down 20 from before but then the whole Ballzy stuff happend.
there are a few places i could have gone closer to home but went to VRP because of what i have read here, how they have responded to my questions, and i believe they will be around for a while. the indie i take my car to offered Kleeman but wanted me to replace my hodge pod of engine mods to all Kleeman. for peace of mind, and some more power, I'm happy to drive the 5 hours to Costa Mesa.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I disagree with rocket on all tuners being the same. If that were the case, why would so many have already NEEDED to get Vadim / PC to fix their tunes? I'm an Adam fan (of sorts), so i don't wanna bash Euroelites. But, I can vouch that VRP and now Powerchip are committed to gaining a strong understanding of the 55K and anow 63 engines. Without learning the levers, you can't do an in-depth tune. Then, add the fact that Vadim offers custom tuning for the ones that need fixes or want unique configurations and it makes the choice simple.

VRP / PC: I think PC is sitting pretty right now. They have really dialed in on the E55 and there are lots of us. The TQ limiting parameters were the biggest issues, and there are lots. Their newest revision is really clean.

RennTech: I think they know a few levers on the E55, but have not bothered to look into the nuances of MY variations, especially with respect to TQ limitations. They can play with it, but nowhere near as aggressive as Powerchip. The 63, on the other hand, RennTech has put lots of time into. I don't have one, but a friend does and has been happy with the development process.

Kleeman: I'm still not sure what they are good at, except maybe tuning an '03 E55. My assumption is that they put as much resources as they intend to for that setup early on and have not bothered to go back and revamp since. I just don't like using an old MB flash and never updating it. It just makes for too many outdated things when you go in for warranty.

I will get you to agree with me on something some day bro!

I do agree with you on the fact that no one around here will custom tune your car like Vadim. that is a no brainer if you wanna spend that kinda cash.

But as far as outta the box tunes they are all CLOSE the same IMO.

I have a custom tune from Vadim and I will say it runs great after he was done. If I ever get to the track I know I will pull a very low 11sec pass even here in sorry SAC raceway
Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

A couple of people with Kleemann ECU for their C63 posted before and after dynos showing 50 whp gain

Jangy, you're also forgetting MKB and Brabus. They charge $6k for their tune. They make RennTech's ECU look like a free tune
Old 09-15-2008, 07:56 PM

05 e55
dropped my car off last week at VRP after a boring drive down i5. turns out my car is sick and way down on power. having the sprintbooster on it somewhat covered up the problem in city driving. the cooling package i had on there wasnt functioning, the stock ic pump is now being upgraded. i was certain that the cooling kit on it came with a larger ic pump but that wasnt the case.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
A couple of people with Kleemann ECU for their C63 posted before and after dynos showing 50 whp gain

Jangy, you're also forgetting MKB and Brabus. They charge $6k for their tune. They make RennTech's ECU look like a free tune
I don't forget them, bro. I consider them full on customs that we can only hope to copy.