E55 vs CL600 vs M5 (video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
haha, hes dumb enough to accept a run with Toms CL65 with me driving, for some reason hes convinced he can beat a 65. In the earlier runs he had just an intake, now he has eisenmann exhaust as well, should be a GREAT video
I can be the film car. Just a warning, when you beat him, he will say "Of course you won, You are SUPPOSED to win, you have a V12 twin turbo" ... you have been warned. He said something similar when I spanked his 330ci with my CLK430
Old 08-29-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I can be the film car. Just a warning, when you beat him, he will say "Of course you won, You are SUPPOSED to win, you have a V12 twin turbo" ... you have been warned. He said something similar when I spanked his 330ci with my CLK430
hes a gustav video nutswinger, id like it better if I could drive his buddies stock CL600 and throw a pump on it and some airfilters, wishful thinking
Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
hes a gustav video nutswinger, id like it better if I could drive his buddies stock CL600 and throw a pump on it and some airfilters, wishful thinking
I know. There is no way a stock or lightly modded M5 should walk a tt600 like that, under any circumstances. Bad IC pump or something else going on with it, for sure.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Bad IC pump on CL.
Originally Posted by CWW
Bad IC pump or something else going on with it, for sure.
How do you guys diagnose that it's an IC Pump issue from just a video like that? How would you test for a failed IC pump?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:02 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by Oxygen
How do you guys diagnose that it's an IC Pump issue from just a video like that? How would you test for a failed IC pump?
Because, to my knowledge, that's about the only thing that could cause that kind of power loss without throwing a code or CEL. And, though I don't have access to warranty claim data, I'd have to guess that IC issues are the single most common problem seen on f/i Benzes.

Testing is easy. Just hook up a scanner with live data capacity and check the IATs. Or better yet, just go ahead and replace...they all fail relatively quickly, so you might as well just get it out of the way.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by CWW
Testing is easy. Just hook up a scanner with live data capacity and check the IATs. Or better yet, just go ahead and replace...they all fail relatively quickly, so you might as well just get it out of the way.
Someone said to open the check valves on the lines going to the IC's and depress the valve... if juice squirts you in the face then the pump is working.

I've had a Johnson pump sitting for about 2 weeks now... waiting to take off my front bumper to measure out how much room I have for an additional front-mount heat exchanger...
Old 08-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Oxygen
Someone said to open the check valves on the lines going to the IC's and depress the valve... if juice squirts you in the face then the pump is working.

I've had a Johnson pump sitting for about 2 weeks now... waiting to take off my front bumper to measure out how much room I have for an additional front-mount heat exchanger...
Quit being lazy and JUST DO IT!!!