Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best size wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best size wheels

bought my car saturday looking for wheel set up suggestions i have 19s on my clk was wondering if i should go 19s here or 20s looking for astaggered set up with a big lip any suggestions appreciated.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

07 S550 & 08 335i
Congrats on your new car!
We have done a ton of E-Classes.... here are just a few options for you..

20" HRE 540R (Color Matched)

19" Modulare M3 (Charcoal finish)

20" Modulare M4 (Brushed finish)

19" HRE 543R (Anodized Black)

Old 09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

07 S550 & 08 335i
A few more...

19" HRE 843R (Brushed Finish)

20" HRE 847R (Gloss Black Finish)

19" Brabus Monoblock VI (Silver finish)

Please feel free to shoot me a PM or Email me for Special Pricing on any of the wheels pictured....

Many more W211 Pictures as well as other cars, found in out Gallery found HERE
Old 09-09-2008, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Alex@wheelexperts
A few more...

19" HRE 843R (Brushed Finish)

20" HRE 847R (Gloss Black Finish)

19" Brabus Monoblock VI (Silver finish)

Please feel free to shoot me a PM or Email me for Special Pricing on any of the wheels pictured....

Many more W211 Pictures as well as other cars, found in out Gallery found HERE
thanks for taking the time and effort to put that together for me is 20 as big as i should go or is 21 or 22s a option
Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by clk_amg
thanks for taking the time and effort to put that together for me is 20 as big as i should go or is 21 or 22s a option
21's? 22's? 20's should be plenty good. I'm sorry but on the W211...you shouldn't go more then 20's. And I'm sure Alex or anyone can correct me but I don't think you can fit 21's let alone 22's on the W211...
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
I have the Modulare M3's and the Kinesis K19rs.
The car with the Maya STMs aren't mine, but they're great wheels and i'm sure it'd look nice on your car.

btw: these are all 19s and lowered with star and ELM. I'd say go with 19s so you don't lose performance, but i'm sure you don't lose that much if you don't mind. correct me if i'm wrong, please.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by AKxSpyO
I have the Modulare M3's and the Kinesis K19rs.
The car with the Maya STMs aren't mine, but they're great wheels and i'm sure it'd look nice on your car.

btw: these are all 19s and lowered with star and ELM. I'd say go with 19s so you don't lose performance, but i'm sure you don't lose that much if you don't mind. correct me if i'm wrong, please.

sorry for the question but ive been looking up and down what is star lowering and how do i get it or who sells the module is it similar to the renntech module becasue when i buy my wheels im gonna try and lower it at the same time
Old 09-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by clk_amg
sorry for the question but ive been looking up and down what is star lowering and how do i get it or who sells the module is it similar to the renntech module becasue when i buy my wheels im gonna try and lower it at the same time
Star lowering is done with the factory Star Diagnostics. Not all, but some dealers can do it for you. It is not a module. They stick a plug in your car and control the voltage on your airmatic system. Unlike the Renntech module, this is not adjustable on the fly. You will be able to raise your car a lil bit with the airmatic button underneath the shifter. Other then that you cannot change the setting. Hope this helps...
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 PM

2005 Flint Grey E55
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Star lowering is done with the factory Star Diagnostics. Not all, but some dealers can do it for you. It is not a module. They stick a plug in your car and control the voltage on your airmatic system. Unlike the Renntech module, this is not adjustable on the fly. You will be able to raise your car a lil bit with the airmatic button underneath the shifter. Other then that you cannot change the setting. Hope this helps...
I say you start off with STAR, because the height that you can lower with STAR differs for every car, i believe. It looks really good on Sun's car, however, on my car i wasn't able to lower it as much as Sun's so i also went with the Renntech ELM. Give STAR a shot first, because it is a lot cheaper! Then if you're not satisfied you can get an ELM. There are a lot of different ELMs out there, i have the Renntech Module and i like it.

A
Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 AM

2005 E55
i agree with going with 19's.....i don't know what it is about 20's (some members rides with 20's are without a doubt sick looking) but IMHO they just look too big on our rides but this all depends on the type of wheel you go with

either size, whether you go with 19" or 20", the car needs to be lowered pretty low IMO for the car to look good otherwise keep the stockies on it

star lowering will not lower the rear enough for an even lowered look thus i added the lowering module so i can dump the rear lower....i'm just not into the slanted look with the front looking lower but that's just me

good luck....
Old 09-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

07 S550 & 08 335i
Originally Posted by xzibit
i agree with going with 19's.....i don't know what it is about 20's (some members rides with 20's are without a doubt sick looking) but IMHO they just look too big on our rides but this all depends on the type of wheel you go with

either size, whether you go with 19" or 20", the car needs to be lowered pretty low IMO for the car to look good otherwise keep the stockies on it

star lowering will not lower the rear enough for an even lowered look thus i added the lowering module so i can dump the rear lower....i'm just not into the slanted look with the front looking lower but that's just me

good luck....
I agree... The car needs to be lowered with both 19's/20's.

I really would not go anything larger than 20". 21's are too big...