W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
Originally Posted by MHP
He hasn't put them on yet. His car is down right now for other mods (seats, DS) and should be back up and running (tuned with thermalnators) in less than 2 weeks.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 AM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by MHP
as we have JT55s ECU and you obviously can't pick up on sarcasim--did you even read the last line of his post?

Thanks
Andy
Give that man a cigar! Sarcasm YES! My specialty - did anyone think I was serious? Roman I dont know you or want to or need to. I havent really been monitoring this thread lately but everytime I check back I find it unbelievable that this could still be going on. Snake oil salesman? Dude seriously at this point you sound absolutely ridiculous. It only took me a few days some internet investigating and a few phone convos to know Andy was as serious as Cancer, and more than knows what he's talking about. He now has dyno pulls, graphs, charts, videos, testimonials and probably at least 10 customers already from this board.
Im gonna say this again - Those who want to use him to tune their cars will and those that don't want to won't. The rest of you fall into one of a few categories - 1. those too skeptical to ever believe any tuner could be better than their choice 2. Those who are too cheap and want to chisel and "work a deal" and who are never satisfied until they've rung the last penny out of you. 3 and lastly those of you who quite frankly just can't afford it.
Luckily I am none of the above. Sarcastic yes I'll cop to that one.
For everyone else - give it a rest already. Andy has more than proven himself and his tuning prowess.
Not to mention he's a hell of a nice guy too.

Last edited by JT55; 09-29-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Andy:

Can you please post the stock S65's baseline dynos (the #'s would suffice..even if you don't have the graphs) ... there are a number of people interested in them.

Tom
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Andy has already said "MONEY BACK" What more can he say, damn. If it does not do what he stated then? $ back ANY QUESTIONS? Pay the piper and get a MUCH BETTER TUNE.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Andy:

Can you please post the stock S65's baseline dynos (the #'s would suffice..even if you don't have the graphs) ... there are a number of people interested in them.

Tom
Tom,

Good news. I will have both stock and tuned S65 graphs (why would I have one but not the other?) in the next few hours.
The dynos were done on a Bosch dyno ($300,000) located here in the US. LOL, I can't complain about that, and I doubt anyone else will be able to either.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 09-29-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:28 PM

CLK63 BS AUDI S5 AUDI Q7 4.2 SLine C230 Sport 2010 ML 350
Originally Posted by MHP
Tom,

Good news. I will have both stock and tuned S65 graphs (why would I have one but not the other?) in the next few hours.
The dynos were done on a Bosch dyno ($300,000) located here in the US. LOL, I can't complain about that, and I doubt anyone else will be able to either.

Thanks
Andy
WANNA BET?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 CLK 63 Cabrio 2006 SC Range Rover Sport H-D Road Glide
Andy, where are those dyno charts? It has been 6 days since you had the 65 on the dyno? Must be a very credible shop that is overflowing with knowledge. My 86 year old grandmother even knows how to use e-mail but these guys with the $300,000 Bosh dyno can't figure out how to format the charts and hit "SEND MESSAGE" Seriously, how difficult is it to send an e-mail with an attachment?

Let me guess, we'll see the charts tomorrow. Are you working on tomorrows excuse yet?

Do you realize you are sizing your own noose?

P.S. How are those "Full Factory Warranty" tunes coming along? Any word on which dealerships will be offering your tunes while retaining full factory warranty? I am very interested in an ECU tune that will not void my warranty, as are most everyone else in the modern world that mods vehicles.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 PM

CL65
Originally Posted by Roman Moronie
Andy, where are those dyno charts? It has been 6 days since you had the 65 on the dyno? Must be a very credible shop that is overflowing with knowledge. My 86 year old grandmother even knows how to use e-mail but these guys with the $300,000 Bosh dyno can't figure out how to format the charts and hit "SEND MESSAGE" Seriously, how difficult is it to send an e-mail with an attachment?

Let me guess, we'll see the charts tomorrow. Are you working on tomorrows excuse yet?

P.S. How are those "Full Factory Warranty" tunes coming along? Any word on which dealerships will be offering your tunes while retaining full factory warranty? I am very interested in an ECU tune that will not void my warranty, as are most everyone else in the modern world that mods vehicles.
I thought you decided not to purchase any products from Andy. Why continue posting?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
I thought you decided not to purchase any products from Andy. Why continue posting?
I'm just keeping an eye on him while his ship is sinking. I want to see how long it takes him to produce something as simple as a dyno chart. Thursday he said we would have one, then it changed to Friday and then at 10:45 this morning he said we would see one in a few hours and guess what, 4 hours later still no chartsposted. Word of his BS has already spead to Bimmer Forum and 6speedonline, not via me I might add. He's like a trainwreck, I can't seem to look away.

I always see you guys using the popcorn icons, you should talk to admin about a pair of hip wader icons, beacuse the BS is getting deep on this thread.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue

Dude....what part of "they have no motiviation to provide the information" don't you understand. You're either a dumbass (you really don't understand that quote) or a jackass (you fully understand, but are just trying to provoke a response). Either way, you're really some kind of ***.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MHP
Tom,

Thanks
Andy
GRAVEDGR

What part of the above post do you not understand? Who are you calling dumb?

Read Much? I clearly intrupret his post from 10:49 am today as we are going to see some charts TODAY! It's been nearly a week, what's taking so long?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:41 PM

CL65
I'm just keeping an eye on him while his ship is sinking. I want to see how long it takes him to produce something as simple as a dyno chart. Thursday he said we would have one, then it changed to Friday and then at 10:45 this morning he said we would see one in a few hours and guess what, 4 hours later still no chartsposted. Word of his BS has already spead to Bimmer Forum and 6speedonline, not via me I might add. He's like a trainwreck, I can't seem to look away.

I always see you guys using the popcorn icons, you should talk to admin about a pair of hip wader icons, beacuse the BS is getting deep on this thread.
If that is indeed true, and his proverbial "ship is sinking".....what exactly do you get out of witnessing or engaging in such a negative event? Wouldn't it be more conducive to your happiness to focus on something positive? More productive? I guess that's the same reason people slow down to stare at the scene of an accident.......boggles my mind.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65
If that is indeed true, and his proverbial "ship is sinking".....what exactly do you get out of witnessing or engaging in such a negative event? Wouldn't it be more conducive to your happiness to focus on something positive? More productive? I guess that's the same reason people slow down to stare at the scene of an accident.......boggles my mind.
Hey, I was a Andy fan up until a few days ago when all I did was ask a simple question and then I was attacked by him and TUNNINGTECNICIAN. That on top of his unwillingness to post a dyno chart tells me he has something to hide or is not being 100% truthful with his actions.

I do not see why a person like myself needs to be attacked by simply asking a very good question in a polite way
Old 09-29-2008, 03:49 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Hey, I was a Andy fan up until a few days ago when all I did was ask a simple question and then I was attacked by him and TUNNINGTECNICIAN. That on top of his unwillingness to post a dyno chart tells me he has something to hide or is not being 100% truthful with his actions.

I do not see why a person like myself needs to be attacked by simply asking a very good question in a polite way
You are not polite, quite the opposite actually, and your question has already been answered multiple times. Nevermind the objective mbworld member commentary (from sources with much more credibility than you), the dyno graphs, the track vid, the road vids, etc. It's all my fault that another entity with zero affiliation to me/us doesn't care when they get me a dyno graph. The fact that you've gone this far with accusations and false statements is beyond mind blowing, it's simply insane.

Read through the posts in this thread and see if you can find where I attacked you once, despite the numerous times you've acted like a child and personally attacked me. Grow up Roman.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...059post3078059

Last edited by MHP; 09-29-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:01 PM

CL65

I've read the whole thread and your response seems disproportionate and classless. Tuningtechnician doesn't exactly communicate like a person who has any level of schooling either. After having read that you are a successful accountant and 40 years of age, it stifles me still that you responded with such immaturity. I'm just trying to understand what drives people to engage in worthless arguments driven by negative emotion. Life is so short. One would think we would all try to make the best, not the worst, of it. To each his own I guess.

Last edited by MarkoCL65; 09-29-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:13 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600

Give him some time and let him post his charts.

Have a cocktail, ignore the house of pain that is CNBC, and CHILL OUT.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:22 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
No kidding Roman - quit your b!tching. What ??? Do you think Andy is only here to post things at your request ??? Jesus man, give it a reast already and STFU. I'm sure Andy has his hands full and responding to you, someone who has already said he will not be doing business with MHP, is not on the top of his to do list.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Just to give everyone an update I'm heading out for dinner at 6:00 with some clients and won't be back on the boards until later tonight. I just checked my email and I still don't have the graph but again it will be posted as soon as I receive it.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-29-2008, 04:31 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
In the meantime here are some shots of my soon to be ported/cammed 6.2L 4v heads. They are not cheap

Old 09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
That's whackin material.

Nice!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others

I'd like to think that we are/were on the same page as far as MHP "proving it" to the masses. If I weren't as skeptical as you, I wouldn't have questioned MHP's warranty policy. The result was you telling me I was crazy for wanting that info and expecting that MHP would stand by their customers if there was a problem. I'm glad that you have all the money in the world to burn on the crappy "tuning" you are getting elsewhere that leads you to believe the costs of modding include "blown motors" and "voided warranties". I personally am all done with those that offer nothing and know full well that the first dealer that gets a look at the car will "status 8" the vehicle. That might be OK for those that are already out of warranty, but there are a lot of board members who are not. Costs and warranty aside, I'm beginning to think that if you decide to mod, it might make more sense in the long run to stick with those that either warrant their work, or have enough of a relationship with one or more MB dealers to preserve the factory warranty. There's no reason this can't happen. You don't void the factory warranty on a brand new Tahoe with an ECU tune (ask me how I know). If Andy and MHP can negotiate something that makes dealers comfortable enough to offer the tuning, that speaks volumes. It's the dealers who decide what constitutes flagging a car with a "status 8". It's after that event that MBUSA gets involved to decide any and all future warranty claims on a car so flagged. I'm patiently waiting to see dyno's as well. If MHP isn't the "real deal", we'll know soon enough, relax.

Last edited by Fast55; 09-29-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by MHP
690rwhp/1100rwtq. 94 octane. Bone stock 2009 S65.

Just ECU tuning.
My gut tells me that your client read you these numbers incorrectly, and that these are crank numbers. I believe the Bosch dynos also compute drivetrain loss and spit out crank numbers. Its possible that its 690 crank HP and 1100NM crank TQ, 1100NM converts to 811 lb/ft.

If we use 18% drive train loss the 690 crank HP and 811 crank TQ convert to 565rwhp and 665rwtq which is in the ballpark for a modified 65. Just a guess until we see the dyno sheets.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
My gut tells me that your client read you these numbers incorrectly, and that these are crank numbers. I believe the Bosch dynos also compute drivetrain loss and spit out crank numbers. Its possible that its 690 crank HP and 1100NM crank TQ, 1100NM converts to 811 lb/ft.

If we use 18% drive train loss the 690 crank HP and 811 crank TQ convert to 565rwhp and 665rwtq which is in the ballpark for a modified 65. Just a guess until we see the dyno sheets.
Andy told me via phn, he got the info from the actual dyno operator, who freaked when the Torque #'s came out..
Old 09-29-2008, 05:36 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JAYCL600

Jay,

Your gut also told you that the facility used (think about the type of entity that can afford a 300k dyno for emissions testing) incorrect methods to read tq...

Until we get the graph in and post the #s I'll leave you with this. We offer a $ back guarantee on everything we sell including our tuning, and my offer to race anyone with similar mods tuned by someone else (for any make/model) still stands.

I pray someone steps up to accept this challenge as in my mind there simply could be no better proof of our ability.

Off to dinner, ttyl.

Thanks
Andy
Old 09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by MHP
Jay,

Your gut also told you that the facility used (think about the type of entity that can afford a 300k dyno for emissions testing) incorrect methods to read tq...
I am just brainstorming verbally here based on my own experience with this platform and its ability to be dynoed, and threw out the possibility that this was the case based on dynoing on a Dynojet.
Originally Posted by MHP
Jay,

and my offer to race anyone with similar mods tuned by someone else (for any make/model) still stands.

I pray someone steps up to accept this challenge as in my mind there simply could be no better proof of our ability.
get yourself a tuned 600 and bring it to MIR and i will gladly accept this challenge

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)