W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I'm going to be in Atlanta that weekend, but I'll seeing you sooner than that, I think.
Visiting a local tuner?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:12 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
No inhibition. I have B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S to attend to in Atlanta, and no respect for 'tuners' who comport themselves in your manner.

There will be a tuner shootout at MIR. I've never seen a dyno go down the 1/4 mile.
Cry me a river. Last I checked I didn't stick my nose in your threads.

Let me know what you have going to MIR. The more similar the combinations (less tuning of course) the fewer excuses you can have post race.

Last edited by MHP; 10-06-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
but your swagger reeks of a no contest against me, so I assume you will be fine
We'll do our part. Ideally though, and I'm sure you'll agree, if we're comparing the ability of specific tuners, the cars need to be identical. That being said, what ya gonna do.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:17 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

There will be a tuner shootout at MIR. I've never seen a dyno go down the 1/4 mile.
Hey, being that you're actually kind of, somewhat, sort of, stepping up...Would you be interested in comping a tune to a C63 owner on this site for a comparo at MIR? I'll do the same (plus my own car will be there with just tuning/filters to prove a point). What do you say? Head to head with the same cars with just a difference in tuning. Does it get any better?

This could be a LOT of fun. Please don't duck this offer.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by LZH
Wayne - You just said you'd be in Cbus soon and Andy threw down a challenge. Yet, this is what you reply with ???

LAME dude. If it's snake oil he's selling....why not agree to race him or bring a like modded car that you have done and both of you dyno run on the same day, same conditions, same dyno and we can finally put all this BS to rest. But, you seem like your backing out - I mean you are the one who asked if Andy was looking for another race....

Put your money and reputation where your mouth is bro.
Seriously, wayne and LET have been in this game for a while and KNOW what they are doing when they tune a car..... i'm not saying that they are the only tuners out there,(even though they are the best) but when you call out a personal attack again wayne for not showing up to a race when he actually has WORK for his company, that is WORLDWIDE btw, that is not called for. Nothing against you LZH, I agree with a lot of what you post, but this is not one of those times. LET is trying to do what new tuners are supposed to do, provide better service and products for LESS MONEY, or at least I thought that that was the philosophy...
Old 10-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by MHP
His blower bypass valve wasn't working, you couldn't figure that out?
For the record, my Star/DAS indicated that the Rear SAM was defective (along with two other issues) and it has since been replaced (as indicated by owner.)

What did your Star/DAS say? Probably nothing.

I'll call you when I'm coming to Ohio, if you would like. If not, I'll see you at MIR with a couple of quick cars.

I apologize to our customers and the other members for my engagement in this witless banter ...I feel like I need to take a bath after participating in this thread.

Good night.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
For the record, my Star/DAS indicated that the Rear SAM was defective (along with two other issues) and it has since been replaced (as indicated by owner.)

What did your Star/DAS say? Probably nothing.

I'll call you when I'm coming to Ohio, if you would like. If not, I'll see you at MIR with a couple of quick cars.

I apologize to our customers and the other members for my engagement in this witless banter ...I feel like I need to take a bath after participating in this thread.

Good night.
Never touched Joe's car. He's the one that told me about the bypass valve.

I knew you wouldn't respond to my MIR offer. LOL. Call me when you get to Cbus or you figure out how to flash through the OBDII port. Whichever comes first.

Night.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:43 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by aleksandar1099
Seriously, wayne and LET have been in this game for a while and KNOW what they are doing when they tune a car..... i'm not saying that they are the only tuners out there,(even though they are the best) but when you call out a personal attack again wayne for not showing up to a race when he actually has WORK for his company, that is WORLDWIDE btw, that is not called for. Nothing against you LZH, I agree with a lot of what you post, but this is not one of those times. LET is trying to do what new tuners are supposed to do, provide better service and products for LESS MONEY, or at least I thought that that was the philosophy...
aleksandar,
You've always been fair to me so please take this in turn. Please ask Wayne to step up at MIR and tune an otherwise stock C63 (filters are ok) so we can do a head to head shootout and stop all the BS posting.

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MHP
Hey, being that you're actually kind of, somewhat, sort of, stepping up...Would you be interested in comping a tune to a C63 owner on this site for a comparo at MIR? I'll do the same (plus my own car will be there with just tuning/filters to prove a point). What do you say? Head to head with the same cars with just a difference in tuning. Does it get any better?

This could be a LOT of fun. Please don't duck this offer.
Bueller?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
No, it's all in the combination actually. If it was all in the tune you'd have no problem running without your trunk cooler.

It's not the displacement that matters
Well...all things being equal...displacement does matter. A 1/2 liter is still a 1/2 liter of displacement. That would be like me saying to you I have a tuned C63 bored out to 6.7L.... lets race that against your tuned C63. Would that be a fair race? I know on a TT boost can make up for alot of things...but a 1/2 liter of displacement is an advantage.

The question is can Chris' S600 match Stephen's S600 w/o NOS. His best time without NOS is 11.278 @ 121.88mph. He is running RENNtech ECU/TCU tunes. He will be at MIR as well not sure if he will be making any non-NOS passes. But I figure you can have something else to shoot for after Jason throws Chris a 10 second beating...

Tom
Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Well...all things being equal...displacement does matter. A 1/2 liter is still a 1/2 liter of displacement. That would be like me saying to you I have a tuned C63 bored out to 6.7L.... lets race that against your tuned C63. Would that be a fair race? I know on a TT boost can make up for alot of things...but a 1/2 liter of displacement is an advantage.
FI is not the same as N/A. It's the size of the turbos that dictates potential power production in this case, not bottom end displacement, or cylinder head flow.

The question is can Chris' S600 match Stephen's S600 w/o NOS. His best time without NOS is 11.278 @ 121.88mph. He is running RENNtech ECU/TCU tunes. He will be at MIR as well not sure if he will be making any non-NOS passes. But I figure you can have something else to shoot for after Jason throws Chris a 10 second beating...

Tom
What if any other mods does Stephen have?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
BTW Tom,
What's a S600 weigh v a CL600 v a CL65?

Thanks
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
FI is not the same as N/A. It's the size of the turbos that dictates potential power production in this case, not bottom end displacement, or cylinder head flow.

What if any other mods does Stephen have?

Thanks
Wouldn't the 1/2 liter of displacement help the turbos spool up faster (bigger displacement = more exhaust). I believe both the 600 and 65 use K24 turbos. There may be a difference in the compressor wheels.

Not sure if Stephen has any other goodies. Maybe you should ask him if he wants to match his S600 against Chris' S600.

Tom
Old 10-07-2008, 12:35 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Wouldn't the 1/2 liter of displacement help the turbos spool up faster (bigger displacement = more exhaust). I believe both the 600 and 65 use K24 turbos. There may be a difference in the compressor wheels.
I think you're right on the same turbo part. With turbos that small, as you've posted spool isn't an issue. Whatever benefit there could be to that .5L of extra displacement could also easily be mitigated by tirespin from the boost hitting harder/quicker.

Not sure if Stephen has any other goodies. Maybe you should ask him if he wants to match his S600 against Chris' S600.

Tom
I'll leave that up to Chris. Keoni's H/C + spray Jeep would also be a good match (11.1@123), and he's local.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by MHP
BTW Tom,
What's a S600 weigh v a CL600 v a CL65?

Thanks
S600 - 4.610lbs
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...edes-Benz/S600

CL600 - 4,473lbs
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...des-Benz/CL600

CL65 - 4,654lbs
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...edes-Benz/CL65

Hard to believe that my car weighs almost 200lbs more than Jason's.....and that is before the difference in driver's weight...

Tom
Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
S600 - 4.610lbs
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...edes-Benz/S600

CL600 - 4,473lbs
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...des-Benz/CL600

CL65 - 4,654lbs
http://www.intellichoice.com/reports...edes-Benz/CL65

Hard to believe that my car weighs almost 200lbs more than Jason's.....and that is before the difference in driver's weight...

Tom
Thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

Good night.
Wayne - nice attempt to obsequiously solicit favor, but nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to participate here. In fact, I believe you joined this thread back on page eleven with the following jab:

You mean his Powerchip ECU?
You wouldn't be contemplating a little IP theft, would you?
So, don't come here to throw darts and not expect to be called on the carpet while you attempt to quietly exit out the back like you had nothing to do with it. Perhaps that bath will also cleanse you of your delusional double standard.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by LZH
Yeah, that's pretty "moderate" if you ask me - LOL
yes...that's what i said.

Originally Posted by MHP
Rock's E55 has CF inlet/filters, 80mm TB, pulley, T-stat, longtube headers, catback. Other than H/C (and let's face it they don't do **** on these cars) what else is there besides a stroker (another useless mod)?
you mean you don't know??? hmm, that has me worried. btw, how many h/c combinations have you experimented with to know for a certainty that they don't work?

Last edited by chiromikey; 10-07-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:43 AM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by chiromikey
yes...that's what i said.
I saw already....then I'll just cut to the chase and say you're clueless and really need to give it a rest with the semantics. You're just beggin for fight aren't ya Mikey ?? Show me another members E55 that traps better than Rocks (off the bottle w/o internal mods).
This started with your comment below:

what the car was able to do against a single "moderately" (not highly) modified e55 is meaningless to those of us who have been around long enough to know gustav.
So, if we disagree about the EXTENT of Rocks mods...can we at least AGREE that he has a very very quick E55 ?? Ok then - so take the cost of his mods compared to just a tune. It's a no brainer especially if you value your warranty. But that begs the question becasue you clearly do not believe Rock was pushing his car from your Gustav comment. So, are you saying this was a staged race between the C63 and Rock's E55 and that Rock is somehow not being truthful ??

Last edited by LZH; 10-07-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
...you're clueless...
lol, pot meet kettle. it's sad (but not surprising) that you can't have a conversation without resorting to name calling. it's also ironic that someone that hasn't contributed a single worthy or productive piece of information to a forum can lack enough self respect to constantly personally attack others that have.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 AM
LZH
Banned

lol, pot meet kettle. it's sad (but not surprising) that you can't have a conversation without resorting to name calling. it's also ironic that someone that hasn't contributed a single worthy or productive piece of information to a forum can lack enough self respect to constantly personally attack others that have.
The only sad thing here, Mikey, is that you can't answer the question after sticking your foot in your mouth. If you wanna keep following me around like a cyber-stalker that's fine becasue I can go on bustin you up all day long.
It's the internet big guy - get used to it. I just call it like I see it, and I really don't think I've personally attacked you all that much more than a little name calling that is very well deserved.

Still waiting on that answer.....

Last edited by LZH; 10-07-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:21 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

you mean you don't know??? hmm, that has me worried. btw, how many h/c combinations have you experimented with to know for a certainty that they don't work?
It's not rocket science Mikey and that was a rehetorical question--what else is there, aside from spray (which you can do to any car) and meth injection? All PD blower apps respond to the same mods in a like manner. The biggest gains come from a larger blower, pulley/tune, then anything you can do to open up the inlet tract (power pipe, huge filter, larger TB). Exhaust, H/C, strokers, etc add very little by comparison, especially when factoring $ per HP.
Again, ultimately the blower is the limiting factor (aside from tuning) and the easiest and best way to make more power, without affecting drivability to boot, is to add a larger blower.

Last edited by MHP; 10-07-2008 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LZH
The only sad thing here, Mikey, is that you can't answer the question after sticking your foot in your mouth. If you wanna keep following me around like a cyber-stalker that's fine becasue I can go on bustin you up all day long.
It's the internet big guy - get used to it. And I really don't think I've personally attacked you all that much more than a little name calling that is very well deserved.

Still waiting on that answer.....
lol, cyber-stalking you? get over yourself...you're far from even insignificant to me for that to be the case. the only thing following you around is the leash that andy dropped. besides being his lap dog you've offered nothing but one line of bs and personal attack after another (and yes einstein, name calling is a form of personal attack). i simply have fun dispelling bs and with all your cheer leading your posts seem to have the most of it lately. you know nothing of the topics you speak and you only speak to hear yourself do so. i'm sorry if i refuse to drink the koolaid but you need to quit holding that against me.

i've also asked you (and others) to take this kind of off topic bs to pm's in the past but apparently you're the only one that needs the attention and feels compelled to continue and keep it public. so i'll say this publicly to you...please unwrap your lips from andy's tool and remove your nose from his **** and help return this forum to what was once a great place to share ideas. quit milking his member for your koolaid and maybe you'll see what myself and others are talking about...because we do have valid points we are debating regardless of the delusion that every legitimate tuner is afraid of someone that hasn't proven a damn thing yet.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:47 AM
LZH
Banned

lol, cyber-stalking you? get over yourself...you're far from even insignificant to me for that to be the case. the only thing following you around is the leash that andy dropped. besides being his lap dog you've offered nothing but one line of bs and personal attack after another (and yes einstein, name calling is a form of personal attack). i simply have fun dispelling bs and with all your cheer leading your posts seem to have the most of it lately. you know nothing of the topics you speak and you only speak to hear yourself do so. i'm sorry if i refuse to drink the koolaid but you need to quit holding that against me.

i've also asked you (and others) to take this kind of off topic bs to pm's in the past but apparently you're the only one that needs the attention and feels compelled to continue and keep it public. so i'll say this publicly to you...please unwrap your lips from andy's tool and remove your nose from his **** and help return this forum to what was once a great place to share ideas. quit milking his member for your koolaid and maybe you'll see what myself and others are talking about...because we do have valid points we are debating regardless of the delusion that every legitimate tuner is afraid of someone that hasn't proven a damn thing yet.
Mikey – I’ve probably spoken to Andy a handful of times in private so suggesting I have something to gain and your sexual innuendos only make you look like more of a hypocritical douche who can’t answer a simple question – one which you provoked. I’ve said many times that MHP’s tuning has yet to be proven long term like other well respected tuners. I’m very well aware of what can and has happened with other tuners.
Suggesting I have no clue about the topic at hand is simply not true, and again shows your ignorance. I’ve been dealing with tuning motors, race prep/setup and ECU’s from everything to Daytona Prototypes (what I’m currently working on) to ALMS, to full blown alcohol drag motors, to high performance offshore race boats (including turbines) and a few lawnmowers . I’m actually going to be doing some work testing with the Penske LMP2 later in the year and hopefully then help a buddy who drives V-8 Supercars down under. So I think I know what I’m talking about. I come here for a very different reason than you….I guess maybe you have just been here too long …..

Perhaps you should start a thread about bad tuners because for all intensive purposes the MHP tuning has proven to work very well – other well respected members have reported the same first hand. Or, maybe you should take your negativity and thin skin back over to Tom’s lingering “banned” thread where you can debate everything NOT associated with MHP. Personally, I think you need to grow a sack and quit acting like such a baby. I’ve asked you a few questions, which you’ve ignored because you seem to want to go after a more generalized loathing you have for me (as I predicted this would happen). Why not keep this on topic and come up with that E55 out there that traps better than Rocks ? Still waiting….

Last edited by LZH; 10-07-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it's too bad andy seems to be of the belief that any attention is good attention. if he had any sense, he'd put your muzzle back on. just because you're used to having his sack in your mouth doesn't give you the right to put words in everyone else's. i never said you have anything to gain by your ignorance. and your quasi credentials don't impress me and don't make your cheer leading any less miserable to witness.

as far as your pointless question is concerned, there plenty that trap what rock typically traps although none have matched his personal best yet (perhaps only because they haven't run under ideal conditions). however impromptu freeway runs don't mean too much because of so many variables so if you think there's any comparison between rocks pr of 124mph and andy's c63 at 117mph you really need to get off the koolaid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Update: MHP ECU/TCU Tuning (Throttle Blipping, etc, DONE!)