First 1/4 Mile Run!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 2000 CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
First 1/4 Mile Run!

So....
Spent Sunday at a motor sports park with the intent on spending the day on the road course for a lapping day. Went out with a buddy, me in the Beast and him in his 997 Carrera S.
Other cars that showed up...5 P-cars (incl: GTsportRS, RUF), 348 F-car, Gallardo, 2 Vipers, 2 Vettes, M3, Z3, SL55. Looked pretty funny with all the sports cars lined up and my family sedan daily driver stuck in the middle!
Weather was humid and about 27c. Nice and sticky on the track. The Beast was much more refined than I thought she would be. A little sloppy in the corners (it's not lowered yet & that's next on the list), but held the line quite well. I thought I'd be fighting it much more than I was. Drove his P-car and that totally felt like a go-kart after the Beast!
Was a lot of fun as most of the other drivers there were surprised at how well I kept up to them. More than a few asked for a ride around and were definately like this afterwards!

The guy with the Gallardo owns an exotic car dealer and found out he also owns the park! With all the chatting with the guys, I had mentioned that I would love to try the drag strip. One of them mentioned it to the owner and he came up and suggested we all go over for a few runs. There was an amateur competition going on (including a woman running a Sunfire in the mid 9's!) and he stopped the comp to allow us to run! How cool is that! Unfortunately, we only got one run in when one of the competitors hit the wall. That delayed things enough that they had to finish the comp and we couldn't get another run in.

Anyway...lined up against my buddy in his 997 and was really nervous as we were waiting. One of those when you have to pee kinda nervous!
I remember thinking of all the things that were listed on the sticky thread (I didn't print it cuz I didn't think we'd be heading to the straight track) and when I got to stage I forgot all of it!
No burn out, full tank of gas, holding my crotch cuz I had to pee, didn't hold the brake and rev the engine, traction control on, ride hight raised, street tires, waited for the tree to turn green before I started anything...

r/t - 1.036 (aaaak!)
60' - 1.912
1/8 - 8.065 @ 88mph
1/4 - 12.463 @ 113mph

Not too bad for my first time! But certainly room for improvement! Gonna head back this year for sure and try that again Gonna do the road course again too, cuz that was just as much fun

Oh yeah, at one point I was really pushing the guy in the SL. They had the video camera in my buddy's car and were going to film me, but the SL was between us. If you're on the forum, sorry about that! I was just tryin' to get behind my buddy.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63 AMG
Steve,
Very nice 60' and 1/4 mile time for being your first!