W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the latest position on the ECU reflash???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Whats the latest position on the ECU reflash???

I have read all of the old posts about the dealer reflash as part of the "air Pump Recall" and it has been hard to draw any solid conclusions. Looking for the latest POV as the archives are full of old post that date back to 2006 when it was first happening and prior to really getting a handle on things.

From what I can tell my car (06/05 build date) has had the recall done. Since I did not own the car prior to the recall I don't know what if anything I am missing. I can spin the tires hard while rolling at various speeds so it was not one of those worse case cars.

How much power gain if any can be expected from a tuners reflash? Will the reflash still use the latest code and just remove the torque limiters? I like the features of the newer code and don't want to revert back to an earlier version just for a few HP.

Ideally I want to work with VRP cause they conduct themselfs as a class A organization. I am however concerned about the PC tune and some of the reported dirvibilty differences vs stock. Kleeman is on my radar because of the great things I hear about Cory. Just not sure they cracked the code on the torque limiter. MHP sounds interesting since the approach the torque limiter on where it most likey exsists on the tranny. The lack of track record from them is concerning though. I have made the mistake in the past being on the leading edge only to get burned.

My plans for the car are ECU flash, custom headers, 5" code3 HE and delete the pre cats.

Lets get a solid thread going on the topic so other noobs can have access to fresh information in the archives in the future.