Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First trip to the strip - pics & HD video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Love the high quality vid and pictures. What type of HD video camera are you using?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E55 Techtite Grey
Originally Posted by moparrbust
That puddle is the burnout box............you only need to use it if you have drag radials or slicks. If you are on street tires(as you were) then you should drive around the water completely and go to stage at the line.
Even on street tires you should do a 2-3 second burn to take off debris and warm them a little. They did a test on street tires, drag radials, slicks, etc. in Sport Compact Car, Import Tuner.... or one of those Import mags that I use to be addicted to when I had my Comptech Supercharged NSX-T and Turbo Type R.

Great runs by the way! Vast improvement on the second run.... except for your Reaction Time
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by III II I I AMG
what emblem is that after the E55 on ur trunk... seems like it says kompressor
It's a Kleemann one
Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by nrgy
Love the high quality vid and pictures. What type of HD video camera are you using?
Thanks! It's a Canon HF10
Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by NSX2NV
Even on street tires you should do a 2-3 second burn to take off debris and warm them a little. They did a test on street tires, drag radials, slicks, etc. in Sport Compact Car, Import Tuner.... or one of those Import mags that I use to be addicted to when I had my Comptech Supercharged NSX-T and Turbo Type R.

Great runs by the way! Vast improvement on the second run.... except for your Reaction Time

So burnout then drive around the water?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Scorcher
If you are on radials. I would air down to 28ish psi, drive around the water box for sure. and do a dry burnout. for about 4-5 seconds and power through about 15 feet or so. Then stage the car and let her rip.

For drag radials, you should air down to 25ish psi, drive through the water box, stop a few feet out of the box. And do a nice fat burnout, power through 15 feet or so and. Brake tq as high as you can and hang on!

Check out chicagoX's drag race tutorial on the top of the page. Lots of good info. GL at the track!

Last edited by Max.H; 09-24-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Actually, if you're running drag radials, I'd suggest going around the water, backing into it, then roasting them good before staging. On street tires, avoid the water all together and do a dry burnout. Whatever you do, don't drive through it. As suggested, your front tires pick up more water than you'd think and will really limit traction as you cross the line.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Fast55
Actually, if you're running drag radials, I'd suggest going around the water, backing into it, then roasting them good before staging. On street tires, avoid the water all together and do a dry burnout. Whatever you do, don't drive through it. As suggested, your front tires pick up more water than you'd think and will really limit traction as you cross the line.
I have never seen that done before. But it makes sense. Doesn't hurt to be cautious. But, I'm sure you know that practically every car that goes to drag strip just drive through it. My guess is you have about 40 feet or or more from the water box to to the xmas tree.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 PM

Obsidian E55
Originally Posted by Scorcher

Was it a rwyb day mate ?? "run what ya brung"", if ide known you were going i would of popped down too as its only 45 minutes away.

Next time you go let me know, ok.

Nice pics and vid by the way, congrats.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Obsidian E55
Scorcher not trying to take the **** or anything but is this you ??????

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FVoXJpbc5nc&NR=1
Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by Max.H
I have never seen that done before. But it makes sense. Doesn't hurt to be cautious. But, I'm sure you know that practically every car that goes to drag strip just drive through it. My guess is you have about 40 feet or or more from the water box to to the xmas tree.
Most dedicated drag cars drive through because they have skinny, slick front tires that don't pick up much water at all, plus slicks in the rear. Wide treaded front street tires are totally different. It can be the difference between sub 2 sec. 60' times and going up in smoke all together. Don't ask me how I know.