Sponsored by:

TPMS Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E55 Techtite Grey
TPMS Malfunction

I checked my tire pressure and saw that the driver front was a few pounds low. I stop at a gas station and fill it up. Got back in the car and it said "Tire Pres. Monitor Reactivate" It has said that for the past two weeks. What's the deal? I'll go to the tire pressure indicator and it still reads all my tires and shows the pressure. What am I suppose to do. I really don't want to take it to the stealership and get
Old 09-26-2008, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
it is very possible that you have a bad sensor. Mine had gone out a couple of time before, with the dealer replacing them.

Have you try actually reactivating the TPMS? Go to where you read your tire pressure and hold onto the reset button then hit + when ask if you want to reactivate. Then drive for a while ~5 minutes or more. I sometimes cycle through the menu too.

goodluck
Old 09-26-2008, 06:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E55 Techtite Grey
Originally Posted by tigerlam92
it is very possible that you have a bad sensor. Mine had gone out a couple of time before, with the dealer replacing them.

Have you try actually reactivating the TPMS? Go to where you read your tire pressure and hold onto the reset button then hit + when ask if you want to reactivate. Then drive for a while ~5 minutes or more. I sometimes cycle through the menu too.

goodluck
Tiger! I just tried that and it worked. I didn't have to drive at all but the reset button worked like a charm. Maybe it works for other things?