Sponsored by:

ZR-1 Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
Originally Posted by BlownV8
From what I've read about the ZR1 and according to GM, it will not take anymore boost dependably since the intercooler is too small and any larger it would not fit under the hood. Dependable gains on this motor will come from heads, exhaust, and cams.
I have read the same thing.. I forgot which magazine, something like Tuners Beware. It comes almost at its limit from the factory.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by EdoubleNickel
I have read the same thing.. I forgot which magazine, something like Tuners Beware. It comes almost at its limit from the factory.
I'm gonna stay skeptical on that for right now personally. I'll wait til they hit the streets and tuners get a hold of them; such as Jim Hall, Lingenfelter, Katech, LG Motorsports, and many others.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
From what I've read about the ZR1 and according to GM, it will not take anymore boost dependably since the intercooler is too small and any larger it would not fit under the hood. Dependable gains on this motor will come from heads, exhaust, and cams.
Positive displacement blower equipped vehicles always make power from the same places, and those are not H/C or exhaust. GM is flat out BSing in hopes of detering people from modifying their pricey ponies. The intercooler on the LSA that has already made 650rwhp (with 1.9L TVS and single brick IC vs the ZR1 2.3L TVS and dual brick) with a smaller pulley, CAI, and tune--testing was conducted by GM themselves.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford 4x4, daily
i have read this before.....

oh yea it was about 2 years ago when everyone was saying the gt500 could not be modded. rumors abound that ford had made it impossible to put a smaller pulley on the shelby.