Sponsored by:

Selling my E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55
Selling my E55

I'll have to sell it by October 8th latest. Reason is because I need the cash. I have no doubt that I'll be missing it as I've never enjoyed another car this much, but unfortunately I'll have to do it. I know most of the people in this forum already have E55s but from time to time I do see posts from people who are interested in buying one. I'll be posting on craigslist, autotrader, cars.com as well.

I bought the car brand new from Euro Motorcars in Bethesda, MD in Spring 04 for 88k. It's in excellent condition, never smoked in, never driven in bad weather since I also own an AWD, never involved into an accident, and I've taken it for service every 10k miles but have changed the oil every 5K miles as my service advisor recomended it.

Here are the specs of the car:

Model year/color: '04, silver
Miles: 36K (mostly highway as I rarely drive to downtown DC)
Options: Keyless entry, Panorama roof, 6-CD changer
Mods: Lowered (Star Diagnostics), EVO cross drilled lightweight rotors with porterfield pagid brake pads (in the box, never installed), C30 Johnson pump (in the box, never installed), 19' HRE 547R with PS2s (I also have the stock wheels).

I can post pictures later on if anyone is interested. I took it to carmax yesterday and they appraised it at 27K but they promised they would give me 2K more if I put the stock wheels on. I have the appraisal paper and it's good for 7 days. Also went to dealership today and they told me to go with carmax as they wouldn't give me more than mid 20s.

If anyone is interested in making an offer please PM me. I haven't sold it yet by Monday Oct 6th, I will have to go with the carmax deal. In your offer please consider the mods above as well (rotors and pump never installed).

Thank you,
Sam
Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Sam, can you post your vin number? Do you still have a warranty on your car? Hard to believe that your dealer, probably euromotor in Bethesday would give you mid $20k! They are ripping off people a lot, but thats too much. Please post a picture
Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Trust me American Svr Center is no better. I hate everything about Euro. I have been thinking about a 4 door AMG for the past 2 months. Please post pics and warranty information.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:35 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Also interested in warranty information and pics please. For the right price I'd snap this up quickly for CASH. Shoot me a PM when you get a moment.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:49 PM

GT-R
I'd be interested in the wheels if you have to part with them.

Carmax offer is a lowball...a pristine 55 is hard to come by and is worth a little more than the avg.

Good luck
Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
Carmax offer is a lowball...a pristine 55 is hard to come by and is worth a little more than the avg.

Good luck
Ditto, too bad he has to give it away in this market. It would help to hold off for even a month to let things stabilize as people are running around in an unwarranted panic at the moment.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM

A slow Tahoe!
I was offered $32k for my 03 the other day by a used car dealer, it has 39k miles on it. No options on it either. He said the car had eyes.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:01 PM

A slow Tahoe!
PM sent
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 PM

E55
Before I bought my E55 in March I took my Audi S4 to Carmax in NoVA to get an offer. They offered me 17K which was way too low. The guy said I was better off selling it myself because they have a hard time selling gas guzzlers and can't offer much. I sold it myself for $6500 more then their offer.

I hope you can get a private sale. Good luck.

BoX
Old 10-01-2008, 09:20 PM

'04 E55
Thank you all for your interest and advices in selling my car. I've sold the HRE wheels, johnson pump, and the EVO rotors so far. That means car is still up for sale with the stock wheels only. This will be a quick sale and the best offer will get it. For those who asked, I made a mistake and didn't get the extended warranty for the car. It is in perfect condition though and the VIN# is: WDBUF76J84A545922

Thanks,
Sam
Old 10-01-2008, 11:41 PM

2008 Shelby Gt500
Originally Posted by SamE55
I'll have to sell it by October 8th latest. Reason is because I need the cash. I have no doubt that I'll be missing it as I've never enjoyed another car this much, but unfortunately I'll have to do it. I know most of the people in this forum already have E55s but from time to time I do see posts from people who are interested in buying one. I'll be posting on craigslist, autotrader, cars.com as well.

I bought the car brand new from Euro Motorcars in Bethesda, MD in Spring 04 for 88k. It's in excellent condition, never smoked in, never driven in bad weather since I also own an AWD, never involved into an accident, and I've taken it for service every 10k miles but have changed the oil every 5K miles as my service advisor recomended it.

Here are the specs of the car:

Model year/color: '04, silver
Miles: 36K (mostly highway as I rarely drive to downtown DC)
Options: Keyless entry, Panorama roof, 6-CD changer
Mods: Lowered (Star Diagnostics), EVO cross drilled lightweight rotors with porterfield pagid brake pads (in the box, never installed), C30 Johnson pump (in the box, never installed), 19' HRE 547R with PS2s (I also have the stock wheels).

I can post pictures later on if anyone is interested. I took it to carmax yesterday and they appraised it at 27K but they promised they would give me 2K more if I put the stock wheels on. I have the appraisal paper and it's good for 7 days. Also went to dealership today and they told me to go with carmax as they wouldn't give me more than mid 20s.

If anyone is interested in making an offer please PM me. I haven't sold it yet by Monday Oct 6th, I will have to go with the carmax deal. In your offer please consider the mods above as well (rotors and pump never installed).

Thank you,
Sam
How much cash money? I'm in South Florida.

Tony