AWWWW CRAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by Jon2007E63P30
Well,

Everything came to about $2K. That includes repaired and re-painted bumper at Koss for $1250, new clear bra at Premier for $600, and wheel fix for $150.

As for the paint durability, I wonder if that is such a big deal when you have a clear bra. If the person who did this simply sends me a check, I might try the touch up paint and wet sand approach. No one can do the nano-ceramic clear coat that MB uses.

As for keeping track of the individual, well this was an SCCA event, so I can get more information about he guy if I need to. He was running a car.

As for those asking for the bumper, it is being repaired for this, not replaced.
You need to have a better relationship with a good body and paint shop.

Though I ended up having the MB dealership do mine (Comped as part of my deal) My local guy I use for everything else, whose a 5 star shop quoted me less than $500 cash if I remove the bumper and bring it in. Which is a pretty easy job.

As for that nano ceramic clear coat ... Are you sure they use it on the bumper skin??? I don't know so I'm asking. I only know my guys use a different paint for bumper plastics because of their flexibility.

I don't recall what he calls it.

At any rate ... that's what his insurance is for. Have them cut the check to you personally then do what you want with it. I'd find a respectable shop to do it for 1/2 the cost.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Well, I still have not fixed this scratch.

Anyone in NorCal ever deal with these guys?

http://www.dingsplus.com/index.html

What they show on their web site seems to be what I need.
Well, no one answered me on this. They just read the earlier posts.

ANYWAY.

These guys turned out to be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have a PPG paint shop in their van. And almost always can match the color, except my Flint Grey. Instead of being "close" the guy started calling PPG to find out where the closest store was that could match my paint. They called him back in 10minutes and we took a ride in the 63 to the paint shop. Many fix it guys would have punted and tried to get close telling the customer that you can never match perfect. He (Doug) did not. I would post a picture, but it would simply be a picture of a perfect bumper.
The fix was PERFECT. This guy has been in business >20yrs.

Also, since we had to get the paint at the store , now I have a free pint of touch up paint.

www.dingsplus.com
info@dingsplus.com
Bus Phone 408-243-8778
Cell 408-461-0019
Doug Carpenter

Tell them that the Flint Grey E63 guy sent you!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT

Also, since we had to get the paint at the store , now I have a free pint of touch up paint.
A pint is a lot of paint, hope you never need to open it.