Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUPERCHARGED 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somethings better left unsaid ...
I'm not very much enjoying the negativity and all the pissing contests around here ... but it's bringing out quite alot of info !

nice.

out of curiousity though .. isn't adding TT to a large capacity engine more rewarding and easier done than fitting a S/C ? I'm not sure about this one here, but I guess cheaper as well ?
Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by LZH
LOL - I figured someone would take that bait...of course you....hook line and sinker, Sally. I'm flattered you remember
Or, would you prefer I say I don't like something having never tried it ?? LOL At least I can say, I speak from experience...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tieZ-raTN0
Old 01-31-2009, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by URnext
Speak from experience, LOL! The same way you speak from experience on the X-pipes

BTW, If I ran as horrible as you did down that 1320, I would have given up on drag racing too So why do keep going to Willow Springs? Is there anything your good at?
I've seen Luke run at Willow, he can drive. I was confident enough in his driving skills to hand him the keys to my car only minutes after meeting him and told him to lap it like it was his own car.

One more thing, drag racing only requires about 10% (if that) of the skill road racing does. Take that from a guy that does both and does both well on a regular basis. Drag racing an AMG is probably the easiest vehicle in the world to drag race. Any moron with one hand, two feet and an eye can lay down consistant quick times in an AMG.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Originally Posted by jrcart
I've seen Luke run at Willow, he can drive. I was confident enough in his driving skills to hand him the keys to my car only minutes after meeting him and told him to lap it like it was his own car.

One more thing, drag racing only requires about 10% (if that) of the skill road racing does. Take that from a guy that does both and does both well on a regular basis. Drag racing an AMG is probably the easiest vehicle in the world to drag race. Any moron with one hand, two feet and an eye can lay down consistant quick times in an AMG.
Put on a set of 20" wheels with low pro's on, turn of ESP and get a good time on the 1/4.. Some would say it's not as easy as it sounds
What about R/T's has nothing to do with HP, A 1000hp AMG can lose to a
123hp YUGO, in as far as R/T goes, the guy with the better skills will always get better R/T's. Oh, and by the way one foot is all you need
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Put on a set of 20" wheels with low pro's on, turn of ESP and get a good time on the 1/4.. Some would say it's not as easy as it sounds
What about R/T's has nothing to do with HP, A 1000hp AMG can lose to a
123hp YUGO, in as far as R/T goes, the guy with the better skills will always get better R/T's. Oh, and by the way one foot is all you need
I can lay down consistant back to back to back to back 1.78-1.80 60's with my my Dymags and 19" Pirelli Corsas all day, I have timeslips to prove it. This past fall I made 5 consecutive passes in which my 60' was less than .009 of a second apart. Running 20's at a drag strip is probably your first mistake. Anyone with half a brain should be able to lay down consistant 60's and e/t's. At Famoso I laid down four or five 11.04-11.06 e/t's between 4:00 and 5:00pm. All it takes is a few practice runs to know what launch rpm breaks the tires lose and which does not. Once you find that RPM just repeat technique, it's pretty basic stuff. BTW I never use ESP, my car would never make it down the track, you want to haze the tires slightly out of the hole to keep the revs up.

BTW, if you are not using both feet you are not doing it the right way
Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I'm glad I found this post. I keep hearing that the E55K stock compression was 10 to 1 and the E55 NA runs 10.5 to 1 but only the latter is true. I also heard from some that the E55K stock CR was 10.5 to 1.

I guess my modded engine has the same CR as an E55K. I was hoping that mine was lower than an E55K so I can add even more boost.

I agree that a thicker head gasket is a very bad idea according to the experts I consulted with.

Originally Posted by LZH
This is the W211 forum right ?? I thought we were discussing the 63 motor compared to the below E55 motor. You can bring up whatever else you like to substantiate your point, Ahmad. It's clear you have an agenda here and it isn't to add anything productive to this thread. I've done my research and spent lots of time talking to many others WAY more informed than you about FI for the 63. You wanna make this about apples and oranges....go right ahead but I'm not gonna stoop to your level and engage you any further. Not worth my time. The fact that you would even consider lowering compression with a head gasket to add boost speaks volumes about you, your knowledge, and that ricer hooptie you drive.

MERCEDES-BENZ E55 AMG
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger,
4-door sedan
ENGINE
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .supercharged and intercooled V-8,
aluminum block and heads
Bore x stroke . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .3.82 x 3.62 in, 97.0 x 92.0mm
Displacement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .332 cu in, 5439cc
Compression ratio . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9.0:1
Engine-control system . . . . . . . . . . .Bosch Motronic ME2.8 with
port fuel injection
Emissions controls . . . . . . .3-way catalytic converter, feedback
air-fuel-ratio control, EGR,
auxiliary air pump
Supercharger . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .IHI
Maximum boost pressure . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .13.1 psi
Valve gear . . . . . . .chain-driven single overhead cams, 3 valves
per cylinder, hydraulic lifters
Power (SAE net) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .469 bhp @ 6100 rpm
Torque (SAE net) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .516 lb-ft @ 2650 rpm
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I'm glad I found this post. I keep hearing that the E55K stock compression was 10 to 1 and the E55 NA runs 10.5 to 1 but only the latter is true. I also heard from some that the E55K stock CR was 10.5 to 1.

I guess my modded engine has the same CR as an E55K. I was hoping that mine was lower than an E55K so I can add even more boost.

I agree that a thicker head gasket is a very bad idea according to the experts I consulted with.
The supercharger project for the 63 died long time ago along with this controversial thread.... why bring it up again and on what seems to be an off-topic post?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
The supercharger project for the 63 died long time ago along with this controversial thread.... why bring it up again and on what seems to be an off-topic post?
I looked this up since I was considering a C55TT in 2011 but searched to see if a SC'd 63 was ever successful so I can take that route and get even more power than the 571hp 55TT due to debut this summer in the S class followed by the C-AMG in 2011.