Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dsmed
I got a part number for a c63 crank for you Andy. #156-030-11-01. no word on price as of yet, and none available world wide at this time. PM me in a couple of weeks and I can check if there are any updates on price/availability.

Note: crank part number did change 3 times for some reason. But the above is the most current.
Awesome, thanks for finding out.

I'll keep in touch.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Andy, any word on the dyno results from v2 tuning?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Andy, any word on the dyno results from v2 tuning?
I pick the car up tomorrow (yaw sensor being replaced) and will drive it around as much as I can for a Thursday dyno. They had to disconnect the battery to replace the sensor which means I need to put miles on it before testing. In the meantime I'm enjoying (not so much) the 300c 4matic. I don't think I could get this car to spin it's tires on an ice rink.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Smile

Andy, has there been any response from other tuners in regards to a car to car comparison for the C63? I think what you have done with just a tune on the C63 is pretty impressive, but the story may change if someone else does a simple tune and the results are comparable. The comparison to the E55 is a good indicator of what your car can do to a wider audience here at MBWorld, but somewhat irrelevant (yes, I know, your car is fast!).

I think you would agree that I'm not a hater, but I would ultimately like an apples to apples comparison, which ultimately, will tell the tuner tale! If Company X, Company Y, and Company Z all come out with light modded tunes of the C63 that hang or beat an E55, then the tunes aren't so special, but just simply a nod towards the "tuneability" of the C.

Now, when you have your data for your E55 test mules, that will be a good indicator of what you can do vs a bunch of work that is already noted on MBWorld by a number of different tuners. Looking forward to that!

Umm...hope that came out right.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:41 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Andy, has there been any response from other tuners in regards to a car to car comparison for the C63? I think what you have done with just a tune on the C63 is pretty impressive, but the story may change if someone else does a simple tune and the results are comparable. The comparison to the E55 is a good indicator of what your car can do to a wider audience here at MBWorld, but somewhat irrelevant (yes, I know, your car is fast!).

I think you would agree that I'm not a hater, but I would ultimately like an apples to apples comparison, which ultimately, will tell the tuner tale! If Company X, Company Y, and Company Z all come out with light modded tunes of the C63 that hang or beat an E55, then the tunes aren't so special, but just simply a nod towards the "tuneability" of the C.

Now, when you have your data for your E55 test mules, that will be a good indicator of what you can do vs a bunch of work that is already noted on MBWorld by a number of different tuners. Looking forward to that!

Umm...hope that came out right.
I've been pushing for a head to head comparo at MIR or anywhere else for months now. So far evosport has said they'd step up (204 Forum) but I haven't heard anything further from them or anyone else.
The absolute best way to do a head to head comparison of tuning that could culminate in a shootout at MIR would be for each of us to find the same model of car, with the same mods (as close to stock as possible for 63 or comparable stage for 55/65) going to MIR and tune it. All cars should do pre tune dyno/track tests as well as post tune tests at their own tracks, then they can all line up at MIR and do same day/track testing.
evo suggested that we tune the same car, the only problem with that is that it takes the ECU/TCU time to learn the tune. My car feels stronger with 200 miles on it post tune, than 30 miles. Basically it wouldn't be fair to whatever tune was not loaded initially (driven in on).
Using the method suggested above we'll get accurate before and after dyno and track tests, then the ultimate measuremeant, head to head at MIR.

I've even offered to comp my tune to a willing tester in an effort to get the other tuners to do the same so this can happen. Really there's not much else I can do but show up and hope someone else steps up. Although our results will speak for themselves (and not just with 63s) at MIR. We actually left a good bit more performance on the table for v3, for those that are willing to spin to 7400rpm vs v2's 7100rpm shift points.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by MHP; 10-14-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MHP
...evo suggested that we tune the same car, the only problem with that is that it takes the ECU/TCU time to learn the tune. My car feels stronger with 200 miles on it post tune, than 30 miles. Basically it wouldn't be fair to whatever tune was not loaded initially (driven in on).
Using the method suggested above we'll get accurate before and after dyno and track tests, then the ultimate measuremeant, head to head at MIR...
couldn't you just arrange for a stock car to show up then each of you tune the car at the track?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
couldn't you just arrange for a stock car to show up then each of you tune the car at the track?
Yes, but again we have the learning issue to contend with. I know for a fact that my car feels much stronger at 200 miles than it does at 30 miles. I only had 150 miles on v2 before I tested it due to dyno'ing the stock ECU for torque readings again. Neither car would run to it's true potential if we tuned it at the track.
Getting the tunes to the testers asap is of major importance. They need to dyno and track test with the stock stuff, then drop in a flashed ECU, rack up 200 miles+ then redyno and track test (same dyno, same track, etc.). By MIR they should have a good idea of how their respective cars feel and how best to launch them; hopefully both will be willing to let the other owner drive their (make a pass even) car as well.
I think it would be great to get not just objective data but also subjective commentary on the shifts at both part and WOT, throttle response, responsiveness of the trans on downshifts, issues, etc.

We can go over each others cars at the track with a fine tooth comb to ensure they're stock or have identical mods. We should also have a good baseline for their times/traps due to the pre/post flash testing at their home strips.

Last edited by MHP; 10-15-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by chiromikey
LOL, Juicee should walk into the local MB dealership and act like he is interested in buying a used 63 (any model) , tell the salesmen he wants to take the car for the day so he can show his wife adn get a feel for the car. I'll be waiting around the corner with my hauler and trailer (so we don't put too many miles on it) and drive it straight to the track where we will beat the living **** out of it at the track all day.

...then he can return it to the dealer and tell him he's not interested because he noticed the worn tires and that is an indication that the last owner beat on the car LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I'll be waiting around the corner with my hauler and trailer (so we don't put too many miles on it)
That was an awesome image. Salesman peeks around the corner and sees the C roll up the ramps into a semi trailer. Great stuff.

You bring the car back with the rear wells caked with rubber, "Wife says the visor mirrors aren't big enough to do her makeup. We're gonna pass"

Old 10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
That was an awesome image. Salesman peeks around the corner and sees the C roll up the ramps into a semi trailer. Great stuff.

You bring the car back with the rear wells caked with rubber, "Wife says the visor mirrors aren't big enough to do her makeup. We're gonna pass"

LOL I luv it but just take the rear stockers off then put on Drag set-up @ track then replace stockers, to top it off unload it from your semi trailer right @ the service dept....Then see if they have any 65's or an SLR
Old 10-15-2008, 05:49 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Originally Posted by Thericker
LOL I luv it but just take the rear stockers off then put on Drag set-up @ track then replace stockers, to top it off unload it from your semi trailer right @ the service dept....Then see if they have any 65's or an SLR
Or Just Come Get My CLS63 when you get to Maryland Its STOCK and TUNE IT and use it all day on the 15th. " THE Catch is tho..... I Keep the TUNE for free when you return it.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:14 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
LOL, Juicee should walk into the local MB dealership and act like he is interested in buying a used 63 (any model) , tell the salesmen he wants to take the car for the day so he can show his wife adn get a feel for the car. I'll be waiting around the corner with my hauler and trailer (so we don't put too many miles on it) and drive it straight to the track where we will beat the living **** out of it at the track all day.

...then he can return it to the dealer and tell him he's not interested because he noticed the worn tires and that is an indication that the last owner beat on the car LOL
LMAO. I'll bring the rubbing alcohol and towels to wipe the molten rubber off the rear valance/wheelwells.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:39 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
v2 Dyno results. Unfortunately the guy that works the computers at the DJ I use wasn't in today so I had them scan the graph in until they email me the winpep file tomorrow (at which time I can post vs. stock and vs. v1 tuning on the same graph). 5th gear (1:1) SAE correction, smoothing set at 5 to eliminate artificial spikes:

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Andy, I appologize for all the delays in getting my ECU into your hands, My first attempt at shipping was my fault, then I was out of town but now it appears Fed Ex seems to be having some big issue up in that region. I confirmed with them this morning both online and a phone call that it is on one of their trucks (again) "out for a.m. delivery". Give me a call or shoot me a PM when it arrives...or if it does not arrive.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by jrcart
Andy, I appologize for all the delays in getting my ECU into your hands, My first attempt at shipping was my fault, then I was out of town but now it appears Fed Ex seems to be having some big issue up in that region. I confirmed with them this morning both online and a phone call that it is on one of their trucks (again) "out for a.m. delivery". Give me a call or shoot me a PM when it arrives...or if it does not arrive.
pm me the tracking number and I will check it out for you!
Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
pm me the tracking number and I will check it out for you!
I already tracked it and it says it left the station at 7:02 this morning and that it is out for delivery....fingers are crossed
Old 10-17-2008, 02:07 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Recieved, finally! Thanks Jim.