W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Big props to LET Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2008 | 12:06 AM

2005 E55
Thumbs up Big props to LET Motorsports

Today, a bunch of east coast benz guys had our cars tuned by Wayne from LET Motorsports who flew in for the weekend. I was extremely impressed by the results. I have ASP pulley, TB, upgraded cooling, and mail order tune.

Here's the peak increases:
HP: 424 to 459
TQ: 480 to 555

And some awesome area under the curve as well:

The car simply feels awesome, and those are great numbers from a stingy dyno dynamics. Thanks again Wayne and LET!!! Looking forward to seeing the magic you work on the local V12TTs.
Old 10-12-2008 | 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by 2root4u
Today, a bunch of east coast benz guys had our cars tuned by Wayne from LET Motorsports who flew in for the weekend. I was extremely impressed by the results. I have ASP pulley, TB, upgraded cooling, and mail order tune.

Here's the peak increases:
HP: 424 to 459
TQ: 480 to 555

And some awesome area under the curve as well:

The car simply feels awesome, and those are great numbers from a stingy dyno dynamics. Thanks again Wayne and LET!!! Looking forward to seeing the magic you work on the local V12TTs.
Awesome, us C32 guys have been saying this for a LONG time

Kudos Wayne, NOW get back here before Next weekend. You've been spending too much time out east!!
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
I can't tell, but is this SAE corrected?
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:52 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Where did everyone meet up?
Old 10-12-2008 | 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Thanks Wayne for coming out and tuning all our cars. I saw a very nice increase under the curve even though I only saw an increase of 5whp peak. The best thing about it is he is doing the tuning right in front of you on a dyno so you can see how much power its making. I will be on the real dyno tomorrow (1/4 mile track) but unfortunately CCW didnt deliver my wheels on time so I wont be getting any traction. I will have to come out the hole very soft and see what happens. With the gains I see on the dyno, get ready for some records or parts to be broken once i get traction

Timeless- The dynos were done in "Shootout Mode" which has set parameters in order to compare other cars in different areas using a dyno dynamics dyno. Here is what I found:
"The ShootOut mode system is not just a hardware or software upgrade – it is a standardised approach to power measurement, designed to ensure that you can take your car to any accredited workshop and get accurate power measurements for your car. The results will be the same regardless of which ShootOut mode accredited workshop you select. This also means that results from different cars, measured on different dynos can be compared much more accurately which opens a lot of insight to power readings.

ShootOut was developed by Dyno Dynamics primarily to eliminate "Operator Technique" and as a tool for measuring horsepower accurately and CONSISTENTLY for ALL Dyno Dynamics dynos with Shootout accreditation. All dynos with Shootout accreditation have been calibrated the same accross the board, and should not vary more than 1% when comparing between Dyno Dynamics dynos. "

P.S. Dyno Dynamics reads lower than a dynojet.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-12-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 11:44 AM

GT-R
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks Wayne for coming out and tuning all our cars. I saw a very nice increase under the curve even though I only saw an increase of 5whp peak. The best thing about it is he is doing the tuning right in front of you on a dyno so you can see how much power its making. I will be on the real dyno tomorrow (1/4 mile track) but unfortunately CCW didnt deliver my wheels on time so I wont be getting any traction. I will have to come out the hole very soft and see what happens. With the gains I see on the dyno, get ready for some records or parts to be broken once i get traction

Timeless- The dynos were done in "Shootout Mode" which has set parameters in order to compare other cars in different areas using a dyno dynamics dyno. Here is what I found:
"The ShootOut mode system is not just a hardware or software upgrade – it is a standardised approach to power measurement, designed to ensure that you can take your car to any accredited workshop and get accurate power measurements for your car. The results will be the same regardless of which ShootOut mode accredited workshop you select. This also means that results from different cars, measured on different dynos can be compared much more accurately which opens a lot of insight to power readings.

ShootOut was developed by Dyno Dynamics primarily to eliminate "Operator Technique" and as a tool for measuring horsepower accurately and CONSISTENTLY for ALL Dyno Dynamics dynos with Shootout accreditation. All dynos with Shootout accreditation have been calibrated the same accross the board, and should not vary more than 1% when comparing between Dyno Dynamics dynos. "

P.S. Dyno Dynamics reads lower than a dynojet.

What kind of numbers did you put down?
Old 10-12-2008 | 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by NXtremeJeep
What kind of numbers did you put down?
Not much compared to you 55k and V12tt guys but relative to what I was making before, I made some nice gains under the curve. Peak hp only went up 5whp but peak tq went up ~90wtq. Gains under the curve were what impressed me the most. I need an electronic copy of the curves before I can post them. If I told you the max delta under the curve you wouldn't believe me. I need track numbers to back it up so thats what i will wait for.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-13-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Not much compared to you 55k and V12tt guys but relative to what I was making before, I made some nice gains under the curve. Peak hp only went up 5whp but peak tq went up ~90wtq. Gains under the curve were what impressed me the most. I need an electronic copy of the curves before I can post them. If I told you the max delta under the curve you wouldn't believe me. I need track numbers to back it up so thats what i will wait for.

PS: My car only makes 407whp and 465wtq on the dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode POST tune.
Excellent gains Ahmad. I see your car being one of the fastest at MIR, that car weights nothing...

I think I am heading over there Nov 1st. Lets see what wayne could do with this platform.
Old 10-12-2008 | 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
the fact that tuning was done on a dyno dynamics instead of a dynojet means something to me. and the gains being shown in shoot out mode makes them a LOT more comparable than any other platform!

for those of you that just got this tune, how are all the part and off throttle applications?
Old 10-12-2008 | 04:03 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
the fact that tuning was done on a dyno dynamics instead of a dynojet means something to me. and the gains being shown in shoot out mode makes them a LOT more comparable than any other platform!

for those of you that just got this tune, how are all the part and off throttle applications?
During my drive home, everything feels perfect -- WOT, partial throttle, cruising, etc. I'm quite happy. Looking forward to driving the car more before winter hits and hitting the track on Nov 15.

Last edited by 2root4u; 10-12-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 04:05 PM
SPONSOR

From: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Very nice numbers. Us chicago guys are spoiled with LET playing in our backyards...its nice seeing everyone else getting the same results that we do
Old 10-12-2008 | 04:30 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
I see your car being one of the fastest at MIR, that car weights nothing...
Define "nothing". To me, nothing is sub-2700 lbs (lighter than an Elise).
Old 10-12-2008 | 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by gravedgr
Define "nothing". To me, nothing is sub-2700 lbs (lighter than an Elise).
thats your definition, a lil C class compared to our V12 Cl's weighs "nothing"
Old 10-12-2008 | 04:52 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
That's why I asked for his definition. I was just what is considered light weight in the MB world. I was just providing mine for comparison.
Old 10-12-2008 | 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by gravedgr
That's why I asked for his definition. I was just what is considered light weight in the MB world. I was just providing mine for comparison.
Exactly what Jay said. I am a good 1K lbs over him...
Old 10-12-2008 | 05:36 PM

2009 C63 Capri Blue
Exactly what Jay said.
I was looking for actual numbers. What's considered "light" on a CLK55? I think on a C63, "light" would mean getting below 3500 w/fuel, while race-prepped light would be down in the 3200 range.

I am a good 1K lbs over him...
CL's are what, 4500-4600? Trimming 1000 lbs is a pretty serious feat normally, but all MB's are pretty fat to begin with.

Last edited by gravedgr; 10-12-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 05:47 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
When is the Texas trip? We have 3 of the top 10 largest populated cities in the US.. All within driving distance , not to mention a WHOLE lot of oil money.. Sea level track too!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 10-12-2008 | 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Exactly what Jay said. I am a good 1K lbs over him...
We all knew what you meant by light!!! An Elise, is not light BY my definition, a Desmodeicci is light!! Just ask JRCart!!
Old 10-12-2008 | 08:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by JAYCL600
Thanks J, now I drive a lil C class???

Mikey- Yea, I chose a dyno dynamics and shootout mode for a reason. I probably could have gotten us a dynojet for free or close to nothing but obviously a load bearing dyno which has aprogram that locks in parameters for the dyno for better comparison was a better option IMO. Car drives just liek it used to but with more power! Stay tuned for the REAL numbers tomorrow although I dont have tire. Maybe hit a test and tune friday night with some real tire to see what it can do.

And for all of you that think I stripped my car or something... it is FULL weight plus the supercharger and other additions. Only lighter things on my car is a removed spare tire. No lightweight battery, no removal of sound deadining, no aftermarket seats, no c/f hood, nothing. Anyone that has seen my car can vouch for that. I wanna see what I can do full weight before I even consider stripping the car.
Old 10-12-2008 | 08:40 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I heard all about this dyno tune gathering. I am in for Nov 1st. I heard 2 E55s put down some great numbers and they were off by a single mod, one had a TB and the other had the same mods but no TB but had headers while the other did not. I don't have either but plan on doing an exhaust system to show difference in same mods but difference outside a TB or shorties but an addition of an exhaust system.

Last edited by Almo; 10-12-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-12-2008 | 08:52 PM

2005 E55 AMG
By the way, to piggy back off Ahmad's statement about a dyno dynamics reading lower than a dynojet, difference is in the ballpark of 7%.
Old 10-12-2008 | 10:22 PM

GT-R

PS: My car only makes 407whp and 465wtq on the dyno dynamics dyno in shootout mode POST tune.
Those are some very healthy numbers. Plan on heading to the track before MIR? Love your car by the ways. What kind of CCW rims did you end up going with?

-maaz
Old 10-13-2008 | 07:48 AM

01 lightning,05e55amg
Ahmad, thank you for setting up the "Tune Day" with L.E.T. Motorsports. I want to thank Wayne for coming out and doing a great job, too.
Had a mail order tune- old numbers HP 414, Torque 500; new numbers are 448 HP, 543 torque. It drives better than stock and gas mileage is 18.9 mpg. Better than I've ever had!
Next mod is 80mm throttle body..... they work.
THANKS AGAIN
Old 10-13-2008 | 10:08 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes/ BMW/ Audi
Congrats guys! Wayne is a true asset to LET.
Old 10-13-2008 | 11:55 AM
Banned

SL55 AMG & BMW F10
Originally Posted by 01bolt
Had a mail order tune- old numbers HP 414, Torque 500; new numbers are 448 HP, 543 torque.
Do you have just the tune or with pulley also?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Big props to LET Motorsports