Sponsored by:

I Just Recieved My MHP ECU/TCU Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Hey guys (Jim, Jeff, Andy) -
I have one last question....Many times I like to short shift and jump up through the gears quickly hitting the paddle but the car is SOOOOO slow to react. I have to upshift once, WAIT, then upshift again, the wait, ect....Does the MHP TCU tune get rid of that or at least speed up the process ?? Also, can you do the same when downshifting ?? Grab the paddle twice really quick and actually drop TWO gears ??
Thanks again for all your info guys.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:26 AM
MHP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
I have one last question....Many times I like to short shift and jump up through the gears quickly hitting the paddle but the car is SOOOOO slow to react. I have to upshift once, WAIT, then upshift again, the wait, ect....Does the MHP TCU tune get rid of that or at least speed up the process ?? Also, can you do the same when downshifting ?? Grab the paddle twice really quick and actually drop TWO gears ??
Luke,
Honestly I'll have to test that out, as I rarely ever use manual mode, except when breaking a new tune in. I've never tried a double up/downshift before. If it's not possible w v2, it may be with v3 (which I'll have at MIR).
I'll post after I drive the car tomorrow (weather permitting as my Nittos are BALD).

Thanks
Andy
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by LZH
I'll try it this morning, I honestly always drive around in auto unless I am on a road course. I do know what you are talking about though, when I was running at Road America I decided it was best to short shift one gear going into the carousel to avoid the car hitting a hard shift later on in the turn which was causing the car to get way loose, some times it would work, other times it delayed and hesitated almost as if the cars computer was second guessing my gear selection beacse of my speed and throttle position.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by MHP
Luke,
Honestly I'll have to test that out, as I rarely ever use manual mode, except when breaking a new tune in. I've never tried a double up/downshift before. If it's not possible w v2, it may be with v3 (which I'll have at MIR).
I'll post after I drive the car tomorrow (weather permitting as my Nittos are BALD).

Thanks
Andy
Andy, what tune do I have V2, V3 or V?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by S5LorinserF1
talked to bruce from ttmotorsports today and am sending my ECU and TCU to andy next monday since veloce failed to give me any performance gains.. my car is slower then before.
I don't think anyone that has been here for any length of time is surprised. You need to do a search on tuners before committing to their ECU tune for sure.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 PM

'04 Porsche 996TT X-50, '95 M3 Built & Blown
Originally Posted by Timeless
I don't think anyone that has been here for any length of time is surprised. You need to do a search on tuners before committing to their ECU tune for sure.
Just wondering who you were referring to? I hope you were talking about Veloce's tuning or, in many many cases, lack of it. There is a flood of horror stories about their tuning ability that I've read on MBWorld.

It seems Evosport or VRP is always fixing something that "happened" when the ECU was sent to Veloce. Not a Veloce hater just an informed MBWorld reader.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

If it looks like *****, tastes like **** and smells like ****, chances are it is ****!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart
Your tune is the V-BADASSBSHOLY*****ICANTBELIEVEWHATANDYANDDAVEDIDTOMY SOFTWARE version!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by tuningtechnician
Just wondering who you were referring to? I hope you were talking about Veloce's tuning or, in many many cases, lack of it. There is a flood of horror stories about their tuning ability that I've read on MBWorld.

It seems Evosport or VRP is always fixing something that "happened" when the ECU was sent to Veloce. Not a Veloce hater just an informed MBWorld reader.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

If it looks like *****, tastes like **** and smells like ****, chances are it is ****!
I believe you figured it out correctly. I was trying to be nice about it.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Timeless
I believe you figured it out correctly. I was trying to be nice about it.
You were very diplomatic. Are you a politician?

See you at MIR!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:48 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
vJ

I guess it would technically be a v2.5.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
:b lah::bla h:
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Does the Black Series have the same ECU/TCU files as AMG ones? I always assumed the BS had at least TCU mods already. Does the MHP setup just take a level up either way?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Ditto, the speed of the rev is simply amazing, kicks like a turbo or a 2-stroke motorcycle engine, I have always loved this car, but now I smile and shake my head in amazement every time I give it full throttle! You think a 7 setting is firm, image mine, I have mine set at a 10 out of 10 setting! It's fun...they should have sold it this way from the factory.
Jangy - I guess Jims comments about how drastically different his transmission operates is from a simple ECU tune, huh ?
And yes, the black series has a more agressive transmission program than the other 63 AMG's including shift firmness/quickness as well as a shorter final drive and locking dif.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
Jangy - I guess Jims comments about how drastically different his transmission operates is from a simple ECU tune, huh ?
Is it? I thought he got ECU / TCU. Comments are just that. I wanna know literally how the shifting is different. Do we really need to go off topic?

And yes, the black series has a more agressive transmission program than the other 63 AMG's including shift firmness/quickness as well as a shorter final drive and locking dif.
I thought it had rev matching and a few other features from the factory, too. Anyhow...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by jangy
I thought .....
THAT is the problem.
The Black Series was one of the last 7A trannys before AMG released the new Speedshift PLUS transmission which I believe debuted in the CL63 and the CLS63. Mechanically it is the same transmission but it just has some cool software programming - rev matched downshifts being one of them.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
THAT is the problem.
The Black Series was one of the last 7A trannys before AMG released the new Speedshift PLUS transmission which I believe debuted in the CL63 and the CLS63. Mechanically it is the same transmission but it just has some cool software programming - rev matched downshifts being one of them.
So why not get that?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:10 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by jangy
So why not get that?
Man....This topic has been discussed many times both here and in the AMG Private Lounge.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=rev

You should really visit other forums and stay abreast of what is being discussed if you insist on participating in topics such as this with any sort of intelligence.
To answer your question - AMG said they would look into making this feature available to Black Series owners only but in the end they said the cost to do it and the associated liability was too great. Hence the reason why MHP's TCU is so appealing and why many have said, "it should have come from the factory that way."

Last edited by LZH; 10-29-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
So funny when you know how the story ends.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
So funny when you know how the story ends.
There should be a sticky with all the tuner collapses. What happened to MHP?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Received 516 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by juicee63
There should be a sticky with all the tuner collapses. What happened to MHP?
Andy is still around, only now you have to go to a different board to join in on the fun. http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=4942
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Rock
Andy is still around, only now you have to go to a different board to join in on the fun. http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=4942
Wow , we really need a tuner shoot out to see what tune actually is the best in terms of power.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by LZH
You should really visit other forums and stay abreast of what is being discussed if you insist on participating in topics such as this with any sort of intelligence.
LZH: Sorry for getting personal with you when all of this MHP drama came about.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Problem is it does not change the fact that there are numerous cases of things going wrong…

Digging up an old post
Taken from the ''Open Invite Tuner Shoot Out'' thread

Originally Posted by MHP
My defamatory comments?

Explain how me saying that Evotech does Renntech's tuning is defamatory?

A: It's not.

Now, what about the Tim Milliken ordeal? You know the one where he claimed and the site admins (who work directly with said competing tuner that now has magically found trans and A/F maps) allowed it to happen.

We were accused of stealing, lying, etc but that's all to the wayside now that PC has found the trans maps. LOL.

The bottom line is and always has been, we hold the records for quickest/fastest 63s on track and highest hp/tq on the dyno.

Why is it with the hundreds of other tuned cars running around no one has made it to the track/dyno to prove otherwise?

You may not like me, and I definitely don't like you, but facts are facts.

Look you claimed a lot of things and here are examples of a few of them:

-Marko cl65, when he ran and broke a record at the track, you claimed it for MHP (his TCU did not take, was stock…and was pretty much still VRP)
You argued with him and his friend

-You claimed E55 ecu/tcu tuning and throttle blipping…never happened and we all saw Jackpros vids

-Claimed throttle blipping for all 63’s….never happened

-You claimed TCU tunning….huge thread on this

-You also claimed to have an E55 that was going to run at a track event that would destroy every one (did not happen, I believe it did not run at all?)

-You claimed to have tuned an E63 that previously had a renntech tune. When he dynode higher with supposedly your tune, you were jumping in the air saying look at my results, when in fact it was his previous tune and yours did not take.

-Same car ran at the track and pretty much died…was it due to tuning, who knows. It had hardware problems as claimed….have not heard of many E63 with those...

-Then you have the track event, in which a few CLK black series owners participated in. A few of them drove Jims car and did not feel the great TCU tuning that you claimed and we all know the whole story that followed with that. ( the Tim thread)

-There was a CLK BLK modded by a sponsor on MBW that broke records at a track event and you claimed it for MHP…they pretty much came out later on and said they had issues with the car due to your tune and you argued with them..

These are all customers, and as you so rightly used to put it, just go and ask our customers and you will know why we are the best…..

No cheer leading/ no bashing just as you put it from your customers

Your records are of your own car and an other C63 with MKB parts. So far you have showed results with the C63. The other cars you claimed to have broken records with are so heavily modded that you can not claim them to be records broken due to Just MHP, when they have headers, exhaust work, air box, wheels, pulley and god knows what else.

Last edited by Zod; 05-02-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:09 PM

C63 LTD
Rev Limiter C63

Guyz do MHP lift the rev limiter on the C63 ECUs...I hear they take it up to 7450rpm in manual....

Regards

RTC
Old 05-08-2013, 07:09 PM

'08 E63 Wagon
Oh god, not MHP again.