Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CF Rear Diffuser for E55 - Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 Sedan (Peuter)
I'm going to put a quad carbon fiber diffuser on myself sometime in the next couple days. I read the posts. Sounds like bottom line is heat it up, pull it off, remove residual adhesive and replace w/ fancy schmancy new panel. Anything else? Is there any way to remove the existing trim w/o destroying it? The last post on this was 2008. Any new tips or info to share?

Also, I got a CF front chin spoiler. How do those go on? Can you just tape them or should I bolt it in place somehow? If so, any suggestions on fasteners?

Last edited by kurtwz; 02-04-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog
I went with the Eurorev b/c it was more like the OME look

If you are looking for and E63... they might be a pretty close match... not sure. Id give EuroRev a call, they are pretty good to work with.

Here is the link for Vorsteiner... they make a very nice product!!!

http://www.vorsteiner.com/mercedes/e55-diffuser.html

Here is a shot of it... sorry I couldn't get it held up to the back of the car... it was too windy and my dog was not much help.

I like that better then any other one that i have seen clean look and still looks like it would be something from factory nice mod good luck with it. How much did u pay for it?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 Sedan (Peuter)
Originally Posted by kurtwz
I'm going to put a quad carbon fiber diffuser on myself sometime in the next couple days. I read the posts. Sounds like bottom line is heat it up, pull it off, remove residual adhesive and replace w/ fancy schmancy new panel. Anything else? Is there any way to remove the existing trim w/o destroying it? The last post on this was 2008. Any new tips or info to share?

Also, I got a CF front chin spoiler. How do those go on? Can you just tape them or should I bolt it in place somehow? If so, any suggestions on fasteners?
Any help on this, guys? Do you just use tape to put the chin spoiler in place? If fastners are needed, what do you recommend? I searched for an install thread on this, but couldn't find one. THANKS!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
something that can use more power
CF Lip mounting

I just installed my CF lip the other day in 10 minutes. I used 2 clamps to hold it in position and then used rivets to secure it to the bumper.
I was going to use nuts and bolts at first but realized rivets are much easier. Just clamp, drill a hole thru lip and bumper and rivet. No need to get your hands up inside the bumper to put the nut on the bolt.
If I need to remove it, I can simply drill out the rivet.

Originally Posted by kurtwz
Any help on this, guys? Do you just use tape to put the chin spoiler in place? If fastners are needed, what do you recommend? I searched for an install thread on this, but couldn't find one. THANKS!