Sponsored by:

63 ECU Tune worth the $$$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
63 ECU Tune worth the $$$$

I am debating which way to go in modding my car. MOst of the comestics are done but I am thinking if I really can feel any extra power I add to the car at this point.

Of course there isn't much i can do but I wanted to work on the shifting on the car.

For those that have done ecu tunes with minimal aftermarket parts, did you feel it was worth the 1500-2000. Was it noticeable to justify the cost.

I hate the fact everything is so freaking expensive for our cars.

Can anybody chime in any alternatives in power mods for the same price
Old 11-01-2008, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drop997stop
I am debating which way to go in modding my car. MOst of the comestics are done but I am thinking if I really can feel any extra power I add to the car at this point.

Of course there isn't much i can do but I wanted to work on the shifting on the car.

For those that have done ecu tunes with minimal aftermarket parts, did you feel it was worth the 1500-2000. Was it noticeable to justify the cost.

I hate the fact everything is so freaking expensive for our cars.

Can anybody chime in any alternatives in power mods for the same price
I can tune your car. It's the fastest tune for the 63, and combines both the ECU/TCU. We're a little hit and miss on the ECU part, but it usually works. The TCU is tuned through the ECU, and no one in the world does it like us. We use a special code developed by ex-Microsoft programmers. We haven't actually tuned a 63, but based on what we've done with Chevy's, I can guarantee you that it will be the fastest 63 on the planet. We only charge what we think we can actually get out of you, so I need you to boast how much $$$ you make, and the toys you own before providing you with a quote.

If you don't believe me, then I will beat your a$$ like the b!tch you are.

Andy
Old 11-01-2008, 07:03 PM
hbr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55 on ADV1s
................you forgot the "Thanks"
Old 11-01-2008, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by indyjoe
I can tune your car. It's the fastest tune for the 63, and combines both the ECU/TCU. We're a little hit and miss on the ECU part, but it usually works. The TCU is tuned through the ECU, and no one in the world does it like us. We use a special code developed by ex-Microsoft programmers. We haven't actually tuned a 63, but based on what we've done with Chevy's, I can guarantee you that it will be the fastest 63 on the planet. We only charge what we think we can actually get out of you, so I need you to boast how much $$$ you make, and the toys you own before providing you with a quote.

Andy
Old 11-01-2008, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series

Andy
I would like to extend an invitation for you to drive my car, tomorrow if you wish. I will let you take my car for a nice long joyride and then let me know what you think of Andy's tuning capabilities.

PM me if you are interested, I am in Dallas but one of my good friends has access to the car back homein suburban Chicago for the weekend and I will tell him it is ok for you to take it for a joyride.

Last edited by jrcart; 11-01-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Andy

See yeah
Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

Andy
Actually my pitch would've been more like:

We tune the world's quickest/fastest 63s: C63 and CLK BS(s) 63 to date, we'll throw in a E63 at MIR for good measure.
Even when our ECU tunes don't take, we still make more power than Renntech.
We are the only tuner that track and dyno tests our tuning to show that it's 100% legit. We've offered to have a tuner shootout for mos. but no other tuner has stepped up and accepted.

Yes, as IndyJoe stated, we are the only ones in the WORLD that can tune a 7A TCU as well as WA5A TCUs. In addition to Chevy's (Z06s) we also tune Dodge's (Vipers/SRT8s), Bentleys, Ford GTs, Lambos, Porsches (including Paul Newman's GT3 Cup Cars), etc.

If you have any other questions about why our tuning is superior to anything else on the market, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-01-2008, 07:40 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
I would like to extend an invitation for you to drive my car, tomorrow if you wish. I will let you take my car for a nice long joyride and then let me know what you think of Andy's tuning capabilities.

PM me if you are interested, I am in Dallas but one of my good friends has access to the car back homein suburban Chicago for the weekend and I will tell him it is ok for you to take it for a joyride.
How many diapers do you think he'd go through in 5 minutes?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
wtf

who the hell are you and what the heck are you talking about.

Am i missing something here! before you go calling people names know who you are dealing with.

someone kick this guy

Andy
Old 11-01-2008, 07:57 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

Am i missing something here! before you go calling people names know who you are dealing with.

someone kick this guy
He's a random member of the peanut gallery that posted in an attempt to mock me.
If you can wait until next week check out Jeff's E63 dyno test of our ECU/TCU tuning v Renntech's ECU only. He will also be running at MIR on 11/15 and has pre MHP tuning baseline times/traps.

Thanks
Andy
Old 11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

someone kick this guy
if you don't think that's lmfao funny, then you've obvioiusly missed a lot around here.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:06 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Here are the results of our v2 ECU/TCU tuning vs stock:

Old 11-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly

Andy
I like Andy and I know he has a great product but even I LMAO while reading this post.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG

Andy
Those statements are libel/fraudulent. If you do not issue a public apology/retraction I will fwd this to my atty.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Here are the results of our v2 ECU/TCU tuning vs stock:

That is for a C63, right? The baseline is low for an E63. Charcoal filters are good for 20 of it.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Andy

HAHAHA!!!!!! Nice post. I knew there were more than just MHP out there that are great!!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Those statements are libel/fraudulent. If you do not issue a public apology/retraction I will fwd this to my atty.
No they aren't. What is he claiming or saying? It ias a parody. Call your 29.99/month lawyer and check.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
That is for a C63, right? The baseline is low for an E63. Charcoal filters are good for 20 of it.
The car in question is a C63, Es have a less restrictive exhaust and will make more power than Cs. As I've told you before, aside from the air inlets (plastic tubes) and exhaust all 63s are the same (less the tune). Most stock E's I've seen dyno in 5th gear on Dyno Jets with SAE correction make 380-390rwhp.
Charcoal filter removal isn't worth anything, despite what someone's dyno test would lead you to believe. There are dozens of track/dyno results to back my claim.

Last yes I am harsh and looney and just an amateur enthusiast. I've done more damage wrenching a car than I have gains and everyone here knows it.
Post #409: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=266483&page=9

I'm not sure what else to say...

Last edited by MHP; 11-01-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
No they aren't. What is he claiming or saying? It ias a parody. Call your 29.99/month lawyer and check.
I already called.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
lmao again. you brought it all upon yourself. any damages you think you've suffered are from your own doing.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:28 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lmao again. you brought it all upon yourself. any damages you think you've suffered are from your own doing.
Shouldn't you be "adjusting" someone?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MHP
Shouldn't you be "adjusting" someone?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
The car in question is a C63, Es have a less restrictive exhaust and will make more power than Cs. As I've told you before, aside from the air inlets (plastic tubes) and exhaust all 63s are the same (less the tune). Most stock E's I've seen dyno in 5th gear on Dyno Jets with SAE correction make 380-390rwhp.
Charcoal filter removal isn't worth anything, despite what someone's dyno test would lead you to believe. There are dozens of track/dyno results to back my claim.

Really? I did not know that about the charcoal filters. Yes, we have discussed the E63 vs C63 before, but in this case it is literally the difference in tune that I am asking about. I guess the real question here is what do E63s baseline dyno at. I remember seeing one get only 380rwhp, but then all of a sudden I thought aq bunch of guys showed that it put down just over 400rwhp.

Post #409: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=266483&page=9

I'm not sure what else to say...
I don't get it. Are you saying I need to be a technician to ask?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
I'm saying you shouldn't make claims about things you know nothing about (ie charcoal filters, how one tunes a E v C v CLS v CL v S, etc. 63, etc, etc. ). Misinformation like that helps no one.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Really? I did not know that about the charcoal filters. Yes, we have discussed the E63 vs C63 before, but in this case it is literally the difference in tune that I am asking about. I guess the real question here is what do E63s baseline dyno at. I remember seeing one get only 380rwhp, but then all of a sudden I thought aq bunch of guys showed that it put down just over 400rwhp.
There are explanations (type of dyno, gear used, other mods) for the 400rw+ "stock" Es.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 63 ECU Tune worth the $$$$