W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Handling Mods, AGAIN!! Help me..'.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2008 | 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
Well at that price I might only want the front, but if they would work out a deal for both then I would be game. I would really like CF ones to keep weight down. I have a lot of parts and labor costs on the horizon so need to be careful where the money goes and make sure its spent wisely.
Shoot me their info. Also if you can show me pics of yours.
They don't cut any deals, I think they charged me $1700 for the front and $1950 for the rear. The fact that you don't have any braces to begin with might end up costing you even more if they have to fabricate mounting brackets and such. I am out of town in Texas right now and their info is back at my office. I will be home later this week and I will forward you their info as soon as I get home.
Old 12-08-2008 | 10:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
PS: The larger rear bar will have the tendancy to lift the inside wheel when exiting a corner hard, which should REALLY test the quafi's durability. I have personaly fried several LSD's from using a larger rear bar, and ended up with a custom Auborn to handle this issue. Sadly they will not make one for our cars.
Lift on the inside rear was a huge issue with the Quaife but I am not so worried with our heavy cars. I just don't see me inner rear lifting up...
Old 12-08-2008 | 10:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by str8ridin
I've asked this before and the answer is no because of all the technological wizardr associated with the suspension.

Maybe while Jangy is under there he can do some more research.
Sorry bro. Airmatic removal is not my goal. I want better geometry.
Old 12-08-2008 | 10:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Fr33kn63
anyone know where i can get a strut bar for the front of an E63? Or know anyone who makes one? Think this would hepl a lot...
A strut bar for the front is easy. You could even easily add an adjustable one. The strut tower support is also doable, but slight plastic needs to be cut out of the way. I am having both made as we type. The rear bar is also being made but requires the rear sub to be removed to replace it.

Last thing, I really thing bushings are key. Mine are trashed under there and that has to be a sign. So, the project just dropped by a few days while we figure bushing out as well....
Old 12-08-2008 | 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by jangy
Lift on the inside rear was a huge issue with the Quaife but I am not so worried with our heavy cars. I just don't see me inner rear lifting up...
Hey Jangy, I thought the same thing in my stang until I ran didicated slicks. You will be amazed at the amount of grip that slicks or even R-type tires can generate. If you have a larger rear bar than stock, aka more than 20% stiffer and run sticky tires, even these heavy cars could lift one when pushing it. Just FYI here. Good luck

See yeah