Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** VRP VR675 Knocking on 10sec 1/4 ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Thanks guys for all the support If it wasnt for this site and some great friends and members I have met on here the past year none of this would be possible. Victor, Albert, Jody, Chiro and many more have helped with parts and custom fabbing parts that makes all this work!!!! I was really hoping for a 10 sec. pass but it got colder and all the street tire cars kept ripping up the starting line and the track got worse as the day went on. Also, the corrected altitude at the track using the TAG handheld unit we had corrected the altitude @ +728ft. But, if you go to dragtimes.com online DA calculator, it had the conditions way cooler and the corrected DA about -200ft. I dont know which one to believe but whichever we still broke the record I think I remember some people in another post saying the record could not be beat in 2008? And, a non nitrous E55 couldnt go 10's? I kept hush hush in those post, didnt wanna say anything until it happened but I had a feeling it could and CAN be done Anyways, today was a great day and I can't wait to get this thing into the 10's and then turn the bottle on and see how deep we can go Here are the videos we got from our FLIP cameras. I should have a little better quality vid by tomm. night but these should hold ya over til I can get ahold of them

View 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6GjYZldQc

View 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Zg37G7bzI
Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
you deserve this buddy!

i've also seen drag times correction factors off by more than 500ft on some of my runs when compared to hand held weather stations at the track. i also knew the record would be broken this year...just too many things going on for it not to happen ( like mir, even though the fastest 55 guys may not even make it).

anyways, congrats and you better get that 10 second slip before one of us does! ;y

btw, those ccw skinnies look awesome!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by nitrous_nate
I remember some people in another post saying the record could not be beat in 2008? And, a non nitrous E55 couldnt go 10's? I kept hush hush in those post, didnt wanna say anything until it happened but I had a feeling it could and CAN be done Anyways, today was a great day and I can't wait to get this thing into the 10's and then turn the bottle on and see how deep we can go
I was that guy, saying an E55k couldn't run the times Marko's CL65 ran unless the E55 is using NOS, I'll still say it, Marko's 65 ran 10.82 @ 129.79 10.76 @ 129.28 vs your E55k 11.05 @ 124.9

Don't get me wrong your E55 is heading for the 10's just not nearly as fast as a lightly modded CL65, your near 125 mph trap is quite a bit slower than Marko's near 130 mph trap

I say hats off to VRP & both you AMG owners for running record breaking times I just don't see you running 10.76 @ 130 on motor only...

Last edited by Thericker; 11-10-2008 at 02:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Thanks guys for all the support If it wasnt for this site and some great friends and members I have met on here the past year none of this would be possible. Victor, Albert, Jody, Chiro and many more have helped with parts and custom fabbing parts that makes all this work!!!! I was really hoping for a 10 sec. pass but it got colder and all the street tire cars kept ripping up the starting line and the track got worse as the day went on. Also, the corrected altitude at the track using the TAG handheld unit we had corrected the altitude @ +728ft. But, if you go to dragtimes.com online DA calculator, it had the conditions way cooler and the corrected DA about -200ft. I dont know which one to believe but whichever we still broke the record I think I remember some people in another post saying the record could not be beat in 2008? And, a non nitrous E55 couldnt go 10's? I kept hush hush in those post, didnt wanna say anything until it happened but I had a feeling it could and CAN be done Anyways, today was a great day and I can't wait to get this thing into the 10's and then turn the bottle on and see how deep we can go Here are the videos we got from our FLIP cameras. I should have a little better quality vid by tomm. night but these should hold ya over til I can get ahold of them

View 1:

View 2:

congrats Nate I knew your car was more than capable of doing it. I would not even bother doing heads, a bigger blower is the way to go.

Originally Posted by Thericker
I was that guy, saying an E55k couldn't run the times Marko's CL65 ran unless the E55 is using NOS, I'll still say it, Marko's 65 ran 10.82 @ 129.79 10.76 @ 129.28 vs your E55k 11.05 @ 124.9

Don't get me wrong your E55 is heading for the 10's just not nearly as fast as a lightly modded CL65, your near 125 mph trap is quite a bit slower than Marko's near 130 mph trap

I say hats off to VRP & both you AMG owners for running record breaking times I just don't see you running 10.76 @ 130 on motor only...
I hear you but just imagine what an e55 would do running the kind of boost the modded v12's run.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Awesome performance!

You should bring that beast to MIR this upcoming weekend and take another shot at breaking into the 10s!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
The E55 is limited to what it can do because of the blower.. Anything more than 15psi and you are just making more heat. S/C is out of its efficiency range. This is why running a pulley any bigger than the 175mm is pointless.

Because of this the 55 platform will never be able to put down the numbers that a 65 will. Even if you go the length of saying replace the blower with a bigger version it still won't happen.. We are talking about a 100hp+ parasitic loss on the 55 compared to a bigger V12 with turbos.

In the end, what I am striving for is to have one of our 55s run in the 10.50 - 10.60 range on the spray. Marko and I are working on a plan to put the 65 into the 9.99 range.

These 2 guys can do it if anyone can.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...

View 1:

View 2:

Hail to the new King...
This is what happens when you put effort and great driving out at the strip. Nate- I guess you went full CCW set up huh.., Very nice man. Congrats!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Congrats Nate! You deserve it. I knew it was just a matter of time. I was just hoping it would be AFTER I broke the 55 record lol. Its gonna be pretty tough to break the record now! Breaking a record by 3 tenths is a BIG deal. Congrats, 10s are just around the corner!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 AM

E55 W211
congrats Nate... impressive time... 10's will be there before you know it...
Old 11-10-2008, 05:14 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
NON NOS E55 RECORD IS BROKEN

Well Nate,

You proved me wrong.. You broke the 11.34 in 2008. I forgot that you were heavily modding your car. Congratulations to you and Victor, you guys deserve it.

Before I do any more modding to my car, are you experiencing any cell issues with your set up. Will that set up pass emmissions testing.

Nice 60' if I read it correctly 1.63XXX.

Now you have given others like myself a new target to shoot for........
Old 11-10-2008, 06:26 PM

W211 E55
Nate, this is a tremendous feat. Congrats! You absolutely obliterated the record and deserve a tremendous amount of credit.

Out of curiousity, what did you change on your car from 10/06/08 to 11/10/08? Your submissions on dragtimes from those dates seem to suggest you went from some Kleemann parts (exhaust mainly) to VRP. Your 60's were pretty similar from your run last month (11.54 @ 118.5X with a 1.642 60') to your recent record pass (11.05 @ 124.9X with a 1.638 60'). However, you gained an astonishing 4 mph by the 1/8 and a total of 6+ mph by the 1/4 and dropped 1/2 a second! That is almost otherworldly in these cars. I see that the DA was quite a bit less for your record pass, but I was more curious what mod changes you made from the 11.54 to the 11.05. What gave?

Congrats again and keep up the amazing driving!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S
Originally Posted by vrus
The E55 is limited to what it can do because of the blower.. Anything more than 15psi and you are just making more heat. S/C is out of its efficiency range. This is why running a pulley any bigger than the 175mm is pointless.

Because of this the 55 platform will never be able to put down the numbers that a 65 will. Even if you go the length of saying replace the blower with a bigger version it still won't happen.. We are talking about a 100hp+ parasitic loss on the 55 compared to a bigger V12 with turbos.
+1 My thoughts exactly, now if someone ever comes up with a TT kit (hint hint) then game on!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
now if someone ever comes up with a TT kit (hint hint) then game on!
Exactly!

Would swapping the AMG charger for a Klee blower help?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:28 AM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Well Nate,

You proved me wrong.. You broke the 11.34 in 2008. I forgot that you were heavily modding your car. Congratulations to you and Victor, you guys deserve it.

Before I do any more modding to my car, are you experiencing any cell issues with your set up. Will that set up pass emmissions testing.

Nice 60' if I read it correctly 1.63XXX.

Now you have given others like myself a new target to shoot for........
I definetly know the bulls eye is on my back now, thats why I wanna get 10's this year too before we do heads and blower mods Guess we'll see if it happens. If you are asking about CEL lights on my car then no, they deleted rear o2's from my programming and that was the only issue I had with a light. As far as emmisions go, I dont know b/c we dont have any type of inspections here in Tennessee. I have (2) 300 cell cats in place though with a x-pipe and mufflers so I would assume it probably would but thats just my opinion. The car has consistantly went 1.6 60ft's here lately. Also, I have a stock rear diff., no quaife or any aftermarket LSD I think its a waste if your car is hooking and working

Originally Posted by tracshun
Nate, this is a tremendous feat. Congrats! You absolutely obliterated the record and deserve a tremendous amount of credit.

Out of curiousity, what did you change on your car from 10/06/08 to 11/10/08? Your submissions on dragtimes from those dates seem to suggest you went from some Kleemann parts (exhaust mainly) to VRP. Your 60's were pretty similar from your run last month (11.54 @ 118.5X with a 1.642 60') to your recent record pass (11.05 @ 124.9X with a 1.638 60'). However, you gained an astonishing 4 mph by the 1/8 and a total of 6+ mph by the 1/4 and dropped 1/2 a second! That is almost otherworldly in these cars. I see that the DA was quite a bit less for your record pass, but I was more curious what mod changes you made from the 11.54 to the 11.05. What gave?

Congrats again and keep up the amazing driving!
Thanks for the compliments man It's definetly been a learning expierence, certain things I have done on several cars in the past just will not work on these cars. I can attribute the p/u in et and mph from several things. Here are my thoughts and breakdown on what did what:

1. When I ran the 11.54 @118, it was at Bristol Dragway with a corrected DA around +2,700ft. The record run was in KY with corrected DA of +700ft. I think this equals about .2 tenths gain alone just from altitude. I have been comparing and studying DA and its affects for quite awhile and every 1,000ft is about .1 tenth of a second + or - however you wanna look at it.

2. Tuning, I had a few issues with a very rich afr around 10.0 when I ran the 11.5 run. We have worked on a couple tunes with victor and PC to get it worked out and find out what works and what doesnt. Part of the problem was my fault though. I was playing with some VP street blaze 100 octane mixtures in conjunction with 1 step colder NGK plugs. These cars dont like either one. Went back to stock heat range plugs and straight Chevron non ethanol 93 octane fuel and fixed all the problems and made the car a BEAST up top!!!! I think this was where all my mph came from as the car fell on its face before about the 1/8 mile. Easily worth .1 of a sec., maybe more

3. Weight, I am not going into detail here as I have alot of time and money invested in getting +200lbs out of the car. Its tough keeping the car stock looking and still a street car and this platform is just heavy and hard to deal with. You have to get really creative is all I will say, it is possible though but not cheap or easy Giving Jon @ CCW a call will get ya almost 1/2 a head start at that # but thats as much info ya get I think this is worth .2 tenths. Rule of thumb is every 100lbs.= tenth of a sec.

So, if my math is correct from the gains above that should be .5 sec. gain from my 11.54 That should have put it @ 11.04......Pretty close to what it ran. These are just my opinions though, it could be a number of different factors and some of the above could have gained more or less but this is the best way I can explain the gain. I think with some negative DA it will definetly go 10's with stock heads and blower. Hopefully I'll get to find out. I am planning on going to Rockingham Dragway in NC Nov. 22nd
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 AM

W211 E55
I definetly know the bulls eye is on my back now, thats why I wanna get 10's this year too before we do heads and blower mods Guess we'll see if it happens. If you are asking about CEL lights on my car then no, they deleted rear o2's from my programming and that was the only issue I had with a light. As far as emmisions go, I dont know b/c we dont have any type of inspections here in Tennessee. I have (2) 300 cell cats in place though with a x-pipe and mufflers so I would assume it probably would but thats just my opinion. The car has consistantly went 1.6 60ft's here lately. Also, I have a stock rear diff., no quaife or any aftermarket LSD I think its a waste if your car is hooking and working

Thanks for the compliments man It's definetly been a learning expierence, certain things I have done on several cars in the past just will not work on these cars. I can attribute the p/u in et and mph from several things. Here are my thoughts and breakdown on what did what:

1. When I ran the 11.54 @118, it was at Bristol Dragway with a corrected DA around +2,700ft. The record run was in KY with corrected DA of +700ft. I think this equals about .2 tenths gain alone just from altitude. I have been comparing and studying DA and its affects for quite awhile and every 1,000ft is about .1 tenth of a second + or - however you wanna look at it.

2. Tuning, I had a few issues with a very rich afr around 10.0 when I ran the 11.5 run. We have worked on a couple tunes with victor and PC to get it worked out and find out what works and what doesnt. Part of the problem was my fault though. I was playing with some VP street blaze 100 octane mixtures in conjunction with 1 step colder NGK plugs. These cars dont like either one. Went back to stock heat range plugs and straight Chevron non ethanol 93 octane fuel and fixed all the problems and made the car a BEAST up top!!!! I think this was where all my mph came from as the car fell on its face before about the 1/8 mile. Easily worth .1 of a sec., maybe more

3. Weight, I am not going into detail here as I have alot of time and money invested in getting +200lbs out of the car. Its tough keeping the car stock looking and still a street car and this platform is just heavy and hard to deal with. You have to get really creative is all I will say, it is possible though but not cheap or easy Giving Jon @ CCW a call will get ya almost 1/2 a head start at that # but thats as much info ya get I think this is worth .2 tenths. Rule of thumb is every 100lbs.= tenth of a sec.

So, if my math is correct from the gains above that should be .5 sec. gain from my 11.54 That should have put it @ 11.04......Pretty close to what it ran. These are just my opinions though, it could be a number of different factors and some of the above could have gained more or less but this is the best way I can explain the gain. I think with some negative DA it will definetly go 10's with stock heads and blower. Hopefully I'll get to find out. I am planning on going to Rockingham Dragway in NC Nov. 22nd

So, basically DA and weight savings???

Did you have all the same parts/components or did you add/change anything for your recent setup? I thought I remember seeing that you were running some Kleemann parts on the 11.54, but that everything for the 11.05 was VRP. Was your exhaust setup the same for both passes? Same cams? Same cooling package (for example, did you have the "ice box" when you ran your 11.54?)?

I'm still a little confused. I can't see DA and weight savings making your car THAT much faster with almost identical 60's.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:58 AM

2001 ML 320
Congrats Nate! I knew you would break it! I'm just glad I can say I had a small hand in helping you get that record. Now get in the 10s
Old 11-11-2008, 10:09 AM

CL65
Congrats. With the rest of your mods you should go into the low low 10's. Good luck!!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
The ECU was retuned. He was running pig rich 10:1 A/F. 2 days after he received the updated tune he went to the track with regular 93octane fuel and ran the 11.05.

His car also made 590rwhp on a Mustang Dyno but we didn't post anything because I wanted to see what the times would be like at the track.

Originally Posted by tracshun
So, basically DA and weight savings???

Did you have all the same parts/components or did you add/change anything for your recent setup? I thought I remember seeing that you were running some Kleemann parts on the 11.54, but that everything for the 11.05 was VRP. Was your exhaust setup the same for both passes? Same cams? Same cooling package (for example, did you have the "ice box" when you ran your 11.54?)?

I'm still a little confused. I can't see DA and weight savings making your car THAT much faster with almost identical 60's.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by vrus
The ECU was retuned. He was running pig rich 10:1 A/F. 2 days after he received the updated tune he went to the track with regular 93octane fuel and ran the 11.05.

His car also made 590rwhp on a Mustang Dyno but we didn't post anything because I wanted to see what the times would be like at the track.
how is 590whp even possible with his setup?

headers, pulley, 80tb = around 490-510whp
even if he has no cats = around 10whp
and lets say an other 10whp from long tube headers
and 30whp from your cams that number for a mustang dyno is crazy

but times speak so congrats
Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod

victor likely knows i would have jumped all over him if he would have posted those kind of mustang dyno numbers, so i'm not surprised he waited for the track info (which btw would have shut me up quick in that debate!).
Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 PM

2004 E55
I wanna see the quality vids...with the times in background. I have a friend who just doesnt beleive it! Doesnt think these car can be that fast.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod

I don't understand the 590/660 either. I thought the VRP 700 package got to 550 ish rwhp.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:02 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod

Pretty close on your math in stages I think, your just missing 1 BIG part I have that makes a huge power difference.....Ice Box with aux. heat exchanger!!!! I think it can be worth at least 30rwhp and upwards of 50rwhp in some conditions. My iat's are usually near ambiant before a run and do not gain that much from a pass. We ran 3 dyno pulls back to back to back and the reservoir still had some ice floating around and the fluid was still cold
Originally Posted by alltrac
I wanna see the quality vids...with the times in background. I have a friend who just doesnt beleive it! Doesnt think these car can be that fast.
Here is what my friend sent me today that took the other videos."should be sending the vhs to someone tomorrow via usps priority. so maybe by the begining of next week i'll have some pretty sick vids up" I think it's pretty funny when someone breaks new ground that was once thought impossible and people try to pick it apart and discredit it anyway they can. I have heard everything from wasnt good enuf video to tell for sure to I was spraying nitrous that pass!!!!! Plain and simple the car is making awesome power for the mods it has which has taken alot of time and trouble to find the right combination to make it all work. Thats why the one video I posted I kept my "southern accent" girlfriends voice saying the time when it came up on the timing clock!!! I thought this was good enough, but obviously not for some As soon as he gets the vids uploaded or posted I will put them here just like I said I would. I am going back to the track on the 22nd though, so the 11.05 @124.9 shouldnt stand long if everything goes right and we get a little DA love from mother nature
Old 11-12-2008, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well when you're done with that "da love", please send it down to az!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
very very nice......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP VR675 Knocking on 10sec 1/4 ***