W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heatbreak Dyno - any experience with Dyno Dynamics?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221 S65 AMG
Heatbreak Dyno - any experience with Dyno Dynamics?

I have my car in the shop replacing a failed Evo cooling pump and was thinking of having the car dynoed however did some research on the dyno they have and realized I would probably have 425 whp if I did it...which would not tell me anything comparable to my last run other than my A/F ratio. When stock I pulled 400/439 on a mustang dyno and this supposedly reads any less. Anyone with experience on this loading dyno?

Anyone know where I can find a Dynapack or Dynojet in the Sterling/Dulles VA area?

<< I went to a Mustang dyno and they said theirs reads low, but you say yours reads low. Is this just some trick used by tuners? The Dyno Dynamics is known throughout the industry as being the "heartbreaker" dyno - because it breaks the heart of every man that thinks he has 500 hp when he really has 350. The Dyno Dynamics reads lower than the Mustang. It reads WAY lower than a Dynojet. It reads WAY lower than a Dynapack (which actually reads too high on tip-in). The closest in numbers (at low HP) is the mustang, but using the above example, the same 300hp car was dyno'd back to back on a Dyno Dynamics 450 LowBoy (what we have) and a Mustang AWD500E (what some other guys have), and that 300hp rated car consistently read 223 on the Dyno Dynam ics and 249 on the Mustang. One hour apart, exact same car, same town, same altitude, etc.

Last edited by e55 baller; 11-13-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: want to ask another question
Old 11-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
AMG
It is regarded as the worlds most accurate dyno, it has a level of precision that almost no other dyno can match. Further what sets it apart from dynojet is it actually is measuring rear wheel torque under full real world load and not just measuring inertia.

Dyno Dynamics does not read low, it reads right. Dynojet reads HIGH, and thats a very important distinction.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 lightning,05e55amg
we have a dyno jet in manassas its about 12 miles form dulles
Old 11-14-2008, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by e55 baller
I have my car in the shop replacing a failed Evo cooling pump and was thinking of having the car dynoed however did some research on the dyno they have and realized I would probably have 425 whp if I did it...which would not tell me anything comparable to my last run other than my A/F ratio. When stock I pulled 400/439 on a mustang dyno and this supposedly reads any less. Anyone with experience on this loading dyno?

Anyone know where I can find a Dynapack or Dynojet in the Sterling/Dulles VA area?

<< I went to a Mustang dyno and they said theirs reads low, but you say yours reads low. Is this just some trick used by tuners? The Dyno Dynamics is known throughout the industry as being the "heartbreaker" dyno - because it breaks the heart of every man that thinks he has 500 hp when he really has 350. The Dyno Dynamics reads lower than the Mustang. It reads WAY lower than a Dynojet. It reads WAY lower than a Dynapack (which actually reads too high on tip-in). The closest in numbers (at low HP) is the mustang, but using the above example, the same 300hp car was dyno'd back to back on a Dyno Dynamics 450 LowBoy (what we have) and a Mustang AWD500E (what some other guys have), and that 300hp rated car consistently read 223 on the Dyno Dynam ics and 249 on the Mustang. One hour apart, exact same car, same town, same altitude, etc.
Take it to the most accurate dyno in the world, your local track. If you must dyno try to go to the same place you went before and look at the corrected delta. (just my 2 cents)
Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 AM

03' E55
Whatever the dyno brand they are for tuning purposes only. Big dyno number are for stroking egos only. And I agree with rFlow trap speed is the only number I care to hear about.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by 03e55
Whatever the dyno brand they are for tuning purposes only. Big dyno number are for stroking egos only. And I agree with rFlow trap speed is the only number I care to hear about.
agreed...i am going to get that next saturday at MIR when I run...i just want to know what that corresponds to on the dyno.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
I'm thinking there is a website that you can put in your numbers from your quarter mile run and it spits out what your horsepower is. I'll have to do a little digging...
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
AMS Performance is right on. I only dyno on dyno dynamics. It is the best, without question. If you look at my threads about my Stage 1 all my dyno charts are Dyno Dynamics ones.

My 2003 E55 did high 370s stock, my '05 did 400rwhp stock - my '05 was the highest 55k my shop ever dyno'd stock. With stage 1 I did 433rwhp.

Typical stock 55 is 380-400rwhp on dyno dynamics. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

rflow is also spot on - your MPH is the best dyno #.

-m
Old 11-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
When we had out LET dyno tune day it was on a dyno dynamics at Funtion Tuned in Dulles, VA. Heartbreaker or not, its great for tuning purposes and they have a shootout mode where the dyno has set parametesr which the operator cannot alter so that you can compare dynos of other cars from other dynodynamics dynos. It does read lower than a dynojet though. I'm going to dyno my car on a dynojet for comparison purposes soon.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i dont care much about overall dyno numbers and because of that won't even put my car on a dynojet. if you're lucky enough to have a dd machine near you, USE IT!