Sponsored by:

Advice about a SA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Advice about a SA

So I dropped off my car to MB of Manhattan yesterday for service with instructions to have it back before the weekend. Now I'm not saying to have it fixed by the weekend but at least call daily to inform me about the progress and/or problems. I had to call yesterday and at least 3 times today without any response. Tell me if I am being unreasonable. Have any of you had similar experience with a SA. Do you think I should complain or just accept it as it is?
Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
That's been my experience at a half-dozen MB dealers I've used over the years, this is par for the course. They seem to be content just getting it done whenever they get it done, and you always have to call them not the other way around. There have been times my car was ready for days, but nobody bothered to call me. Whatever, it's their loaner car, lol. Still it is definitely frustrating.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by SSM AMG
So I dropped off my car to MB of Manhattan yesterday for service with instructions to have it back before the weekend. Now I'm not saying to have it fixed by the weekend but at least call daily to inform me about the progress and/or problems. I had to call yesterday and at least 3 times today without any response. Tell me if I am being unreasonable. Have any of you had similar experience with a SA. Do you think I should complain or just accept it as it is?
MB Manhattan is MBUSA owned. May simply have been an oversight however, if it concerns you that much call the CAC (Customer Assistance Center) 1-800-367-6372 and request they contact the dealership service manager.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
several
There really is no excuse for not keeping the customer updated. Everyday calls may not be needed if the proper info is given, for example "Mr. SSM AMG, we have a _____ ordered and it will be in on Monday. I'll call you Monday and let you know how it's going then."

If you call the service manager, it's a good probability that the SA will catch some hell, and that's usually the only way a service manager knows that there is a problem. Everyone forgets something at times, but if it's a pattern this is the only way the manager will know. If that SA is gone the next time you go in, you'll know you weren't the only one!!

I've always trained advisors to call when something changes or when you've made a commitment. Customers always call at a time it's that it's busy. Be proactive not reactive.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
most places wont call until its finished. if you find a place that updates you daily....keep going there, and tell noone!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
An update to this problem. Sorry if this will sound like a rant but I am so pissed.

I called at 4:30 on friday and finally spoke to the service adviser. He told me that he spoke to the warranty company and some of the items were not covered. So I told him not to do the service A on the car since I will have to pay out of pocket for some of the repairs. A price was agreed on. He said the car would probably be ready but I should call tomorrow. Now I had to rent a car in order to get home. Now if anybody know how hard it is get a car rented in Manhattan on a friday know what I am talking about.

I call the dealership the next day like 500 times and finally get someone that said the car will be ready at 2pm. I get there and see at bill for 1300 dollars. Now I have an aftermarket warranty and knew that some of the stuff would not be cover but 1300. I speak to a SA on site and he was very helpful. Get this MB of Manhattan charged me for the service A which I said over the phone not to do and an extra hour of labor time to install head gaskets. The SA was very understanding and told me he would remove the 175 for the labor and somehow the full price showed up on my bill. The price was adjusted for the amount I was told in the first place. I leave the dealership somewhat happy.

Now fast forward to this morning. I receive a call from my initial SA asking what happened on Saturday. I told him and now he wants to charge me for the labor again. I told him it it shouldn't take 4 hours to replace a gasket. Hell to R and R a supercharger is like 6 hours. I told him I know a little something about the car and he said everybody always know some about cars. So now we are at a standstill. Also he claims I never told him not to do the service A.

All in all I rate this experience as a 4 out of 10. Word of advise stay away for MB of Manhattan. They don't know how to work with and treat the customer right.