Sponsored by:

Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 12/13/2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Hey guys, To all who made it. I will make it short, I am Beat. I ran those #'s on a STOCK TUNE The MHP Tune was not ready for Famoso. Like Andy said, Very hard to break in but I am 100% sticking with MHP tunning. I have talked with Andy and his staff of Techs and they are by far the best I have spoken to and trust them very much. I would Like to thank James and staff for all their knowlage and many long hours with the NOS set up. I have added a cuputer controlled NOS shot system that is no joke. Also James felt it Just wasn't ready or safe to test so the Nos also was not ready. James drove from S.D to the track (5hrs) plus flat tire and towed in, he still managed to show up and install a manual NOS switch right there at the track Just to make sure I could use it for the event Now that's a shop you can count on... I keep hearing "VADIM'S TUNE" as far as I know Vadim DOES NOT TUNE. it is a powerchip tune flashed for VRP (Victor) Please some one correct me if I'm wrong.
WE MADE IT HAPPEN GUYS
Old 12-14-2008, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by 426Hemi
Hey you guys!! Today was a blast! We had a rough start with the weather and then it was on! You guys ran hard today that was badass!
Mo thank you!! I really enjoyed the day. Id luv to run with you guys again anytime.

I was real pleased with the Challenger for the first time out.
My times kept getting better. I havnt seen you guys post pictures or timeslips? Heres a few pictures of you guys that I took and my best timeslip.

Looks like you stomped your previous best pass? Man your car came out nicely! I need those bogarts front and back

You really dialed your car in today, impressive work
Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hey guys, To all who made it. I will make it short, I am Beat. I ran those #'s on a STOCK TUNE The MHP Tune was not ready for Famoso. Like Andy said, Very hard to break in but I am 100% sticking with MHP tunning. I have talked with Andy and his staff of Techs and they are by far the best I have spoken to and trust them very much. I would Like to thank James and staff for all their knowlage and many long hours with the NOS set up. I have added a cuputer controlled NOS shot system that is no joke. Also James felt it Just wasn't ready or safe to test so the Nos also was not ready. James drove from S.D to the track (5hrs) plus flat tire and towed in, he still managed to show up and install a manual NOS switch right there at the track Just to make sure I could use it for the event Now that's a shop you can count on... I keep hearing "VADIM'S TUNE" as far as I know Vadim DOES NOT TUNE. it is a powerchip tune flashed for VRP (Victor) Please some one correct me if I'm wrong.
WE MADE IT HAPPEN GUYS
Powerchip does all the software work.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Old 12-14-2008, 03:39 AM
Banned

Thanks for the video!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:51 AM
MHP
Banned

'09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
I think i get it. You saying the blank ECUs that we can now buy are hard to tune? Good point. Who else tunes the 63 ECUs and have they shown gains?

So Rick didn't even feel the TCU? Grrrr, i am so waiting.
Yes, the newer spares are the killers. We've almost got them figured out, but MB will continue to scramble at will (every month even). I really don't know of anyone else that can do the encrypted stuff (not just MB, but BMW, Chrysler) presently.
For all intents and purposes neither the ECU nor TCU side of Rick's car took. We did the best we could in the time allotted and hit a brick wall of time.
Fr33kn63s spare was also a huge PITA. It's undergoing (we hope) final engine/trans dyno testing Monday night.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by sticky2
Thanks for the video!
I have some good shots of your car , I know I failed to capture your 12.1 pass . You really improved and next time you can start where you left off , I Loved the way that car came out.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MHP
Yes, the newer spares are the killers. We've almost got them figured out, but MB will continue to scramble at will (every month even). I really don't know of anyone else that can do the encrypted stuff (not just MB, but BMW, Chrysler) presently.
For all intents and purposes neither the ECU nor TCU side of Rick's car took. We did the best we could in the time allotted and hit a brick wall of time.
Fr33kn63s spare was also a huge PITA. It's undergoing (we hope) final engine/trans dyno testing Monday night.

You are putting in the time and I hope it pays off for you and the fellow members. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Thericker
Do you you know what an SL seat weighs? 75+lbs easy you know if he's gone this far other weight reduction was done, not pissy floor mats

Read MIR thread the other VRP SL55 ran 11.4xx @ 120-121 in -2000 DA
The stock seats out of my Black Series wiegh 72 pounds each and I'm sure they don's have all the bells and whistles that the much more luxurious SL seats have. I would bet the SL seats weigh close to 80 pounds a piece including all the mounting brakets and hardware.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
The MHP Tune was not ready for Famoso... but I am 100% sticking with MHP tunning.
I've been waiting to hear your thoughts. All I ever thought it would take is effort and it looks like they are doing that. Keep us updated..

James drove from S.D ...Just to make sure I could use it for the event Now that's a shop you can count on...
Actually, sounds like one you can count on but it is good to see even one happy client. I wish more shops understood that customer service leads to more customers.

I keep hearing "VADIM'S TUNE" as far as I know Vadim DOES NOT TUNE. it is a powerchip tune flashed for VRP (Victor) Please some one correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd be happy to. I have no affiliation with VRP or Powerchip and my car was used as the guinea pig for the current tune, so I'll tell whatever you want. Here is exactly as it went:
1 - Powerchip INSISTED that they were done cracking the E55 ecu. Their tune, like all tunes just a year and a half ago was so full of TQ management that they were all leaving the top end on the newer E55s.
2 - A fair lady's '06 was with Powerchip for a good long time without such sweet results. the car magically turned into an early edition '05 and the tuning continued (not to end so happily).
3 - Vadim used my car to show dyno data for the first time that showed 180mm pulleys without tunes to pull power. That became the new baseline and Vadim worked with Powerchip USA, NOT corporate to make this tune. The focus on it was to bypass TQ management, which has now become such the buzz word. Look it up and see who has been arguing this very point for almost 4 years.
I know you like VRP over Vadim, but i am the opposite. VRP never did a thing for me, given the opportunity I gave them. Don't forget we are talking technical skillz here and not other things that I am also buried on...

WE MADE IT HAPPEN GUYS
I always knew you would....
Old 12-14-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I always knew you would....
Jangy, please clarify your above post...I'm lost, I'm not trying to be a d!ck, I'm just really lost on what you are trying to say on your edit to Rar's post.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 SL55
Originally Posted by URnext
LOL! I knew that was coming.....No NOS for me, I have nothing against NOS or the people that use it, but it is not for me. Besides everyone today have seen my car inside out.

In regards to rwhp & rwtq, I dont have those numbers yet. Once Vadim installs the VRP cams, he will do a custom dyno tune and I will post the numbers.

One of my runs:

60ft - 1.683
1/8 - 7.369
mph - 96.01
1/4 - 11.382
mph - 123.86

Other Run:

60ft - 1.678
1/8 - 7.376
mph - 95.42
1/4 - 11.433
mph - 122.29
Way to go! Awesome numbers for an SL55, from the 60' time through to the trap speed.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
By the way, for those who are interested, AccuWeather seemed to have the closest weather prediction for the track based on what actually happened yesterday. It only rained very few drops on and off from 9 to 11, but after that, it was sunny all day long. Weather.com predicted few showers all day long and issued an alert for extremely dense fog
Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT6
Juicee,
We had Mikey go 11.38 at our event yesterday. That's pretty quick for his E55. No 11's for me yet but we had a great turnout and event. Glad the rain let you guys run.
Cruzinquick
Old 12-14-2008, 02:10 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
The stock seats out of my Black Series wiegh 72 pounds each and I'm sure they don's have all the bells and whistles that the much more luxurious SL seats have. I would bet the SL seats weigh close to 80 pounds a piece including all the mounting brakets and hardware.
According to my scale, my seat weight in at 90lbs I will be working more on my car diet
Old 12-14-2008, 02:37 PM

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by jmf003
Way to go! Awesome numbers for an SL55, from the 60' time through to the trap speed.
Thanks bro, likewise.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:56 PM

335i
Im glad you guys all had fun. I made my 800 mile trip to Sacramento, and thank goodness, the weather reports weren't entirely accurate. The drag stayed dry all the time but without much traction. I ran a 11.991 at 117.524 with tune only. (+tires/gas). That was with a substandard 1.875 sec 60'. Can you imagine what I would have done with a better 60' time? a 1.750 would have netted me an ET of around 11.791!

You can see the results in the E90 Post Forum:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...82#post3799182
Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by URnext
According to my scale, my seat weight in at 90lbs I will be working more on my car diet
If you want to sacrafice all the adjusments and have a spare $7500 sitting around I highly recomend the CF Sparco DTM seats I installed in my car, 12.6 pounds each, 16.2 pounds pers seat including all brackets and mounting hardware (aluminum and titanium). I saved something like 112 pounds including the Sparco 5 point harnesses. The seats are actually quite comfy and unless you are a monster of a dude you should fit in them fine. My buddy is 6'1" 240 with a big chest and shoulders and he actually fits in them and says they are not bad. Besides being light they are cool looking, lots of exposed CF and the seats are covered with top notch leather and alcantara with silver stitching.

I have posted lots of pics all over this board, but PM me if you want me to send you some pics.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy, please clarify your above post...I'm lost, I'm not trying to be a d!ck, I'm just really lost on what you are trying to say on your edit to Rar's post.
I know you aren't and sorry for the side discussion with Rick. I'm not sure what part needs clarifying so I'll kind of rehash without code words to make sure nobody takes it wrong. There were three topics.

1 - James coming to help. James and I have history and it isn't good. Over time, I think we have both tried to set it aside and it helps me to see another member be treated right. No code words here, I was giving Props to James for the effort that it takes to get an established member to post kudos. Plus, I trust Rick and he and I have disccussed my concerns with James. Again, kudos to James for realizing that Rick was another shot at being legit with or without RennTech's love. James always assumed it was RennTech that made me want to keep trying but it was actually James.

2 - VRP - The discussion here really revolves around WHO is VRP and WHO is responsible for what. Rick and I went complete different paths in our involvement with VRP and actually had quite contrasting experiences. I believe that Rick was questioning my claim that Vadim tuned my car and NOT VRP. We all know that Powerchip was involved, but the key is when did the PC tune turn worthwhile? Again, to be fully clear...I am friends with Vadim and have been willing to go the extra mile by leaving my car or whatever. He has always been cool with me and VRP Corp and Powerchip have not. It takes one classless move to screw it up and they VRP/PC did that with me by adding $800 to my tab because the tuning took longer than they expected (they had my car for 3 months). Mind you I had been clear during our meeting that I felt it would take time and lots of it for a proper tune. Either way.

3 - My comment about knowing all along that he would make it happen. Rick makes lots of things happen, especially fun events. I knew he would pay if he had to to get the track for some fun..

Hope that helps...
Old 12-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I have posted lots of pics all over this board, but PM me if you want me to send you some pics.
pics please. i wanna see that interior. That is serious weight loss. I had no clue it was so much, especially with your OEM seats.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See if this link works, it will not let me repost pics here since I already posted these same pics elsewhere on forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...ck-series.html

Be sure you scroll down to posts #28 and #34, those are some actual pics of the seats installed in my car. Sorry for the poor pic quality.

Last edited by jrcart; 12-14-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
See if this link works, it will not let me repost pics here since I already posted these same pics elsewhere on forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...ck-series.html

Be sure you scroll down to posts #28 and #34, those are some actual pics of the seats installed in my car. Sorry for the poor pic quality.

DAMN!! Those are hot!! No wonder they cost what they do, but they do look comfy enough. I like that Euro AMG seat too...
Old 12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is another link to a place where I bought lots of ti bolts to replace the heavy stock steel ones. Pricey, but if you guys are serious about weight savings little nuts and bolts weight saving add up fast. I have a container filled with about 20 pounds of misc. nuts and bolts I replaces with about 7 pounds of ti nuts and bolts. Over the winter I am going to go underneath the car and see what I can safely replace with ti. I bet there is 40-45 pounds of weight savings on these cars by converting to ti bolts.

I actually can't believe none of you guys don't already do ti conversions. Back in my motorcycle racing days I raced in a class called 600 super sport, had to stay pretty close to stock and this was one of the easiest was to cheat, we could cut 20 pounds of weight by using ti and aluminum bolts, and on a bike 8.5 pounds of savings equated to 1 hp, considering our bikes only made about 105rwhp the 2-3 hp gain was significant.

http://www.racebolts.com/
Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 PM

Charger SRT-8
Great stuff.

So how did the Challenger do?

The 135 trapped 120mph!?!? What are the mods?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
I know you aren't and sorry for the side discussion with Rick. I'm not sure what part needs clarifying so I'll kind of rehash without code words to make sure nobody takes it wrong. There were three topics.

1 - James coming to help. James and I have history and it isn't good. Over time, I think we have both tried to set it aside and it helps me to see another member be treated right. No code words here, I was giving Props to James for the effort that it takes to get an established member to post kudos. Plus, I trust Rick and he and I have disccussed my concerns with James. Again, kudos to James for realizing that Rick was another shot at being legit with or without RennTech's love. James always assumed it was RennTech that made me want to keep trying but it was actually James.

2 - VRP - The discussion here really revolves around WHO is VRP and WHO is responsible for what. Rick and I went complete different paths in our involvement with VRP and actually had quite contrasting experiences. I believe that Rick was questioning my claim that Vadim tuned my car and NOT VRP. We all know that Powerchip was involved, but the key is when did the PC tune turn worthwhile? Again, to be fully clear...I am friends with Vadim and have been willing to go the extra mile by leaving my car or whatever. He has always been cool with me and VRP Corp and Powerchip have not. It takes one classless move to screw it up and they VRP/PC did that with me by adding $800 to my tab because the tuning took longer than they expected (they had my car for 3 months). Mind you I had been clear during our meeting that I felt it would take time and lots of it for a proper tune. Either way.

3 - My comment about knowing all along that he would make it happen. Rick makes lots of things happen, especially fun events. I knew he would pay if he had to to get the track for some fun..

Hope that helps...
I like this part...
2 - A fair lady's '06 was with Powerchip for a good long time without such sweet results. the car magically turned into an early edition '05 and the tuning continued (not to end so happily).
Every old schooler know's you MUST be talking about Angela Sooo her 2006 E55 is really an early edition 2005, she still lists it as an 06' doesn't shewierd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Famoso Track Rental - Saturday 12/13/2008