Notices
W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleeman Headers Installed

 
Old 11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Kleeman Headers Installed

I just had my headers installed by James in San Diego. I was reluctant about cutting my cats but after driving and hearing the car it was so worth it!! they definitely make some power and the sound is AMAZING!!

If anyone is debating getting the headers I would go for it. Cory is a solid guy and did exactly what he said. If you are local and what to see or hear my car let me know.
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 06:45 PM
  #2  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
I'd love to check it out. Did you tune after? Kleeman has been stepping back in and it is nice to see.
jangy is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 PM
  #3  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I have the Powerchip tune. Cory cleared all the CEL codes for me.

Do I need a new tune?
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 06:55 PM
  #4  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
To really get the most from the exhaust you will. You have modded your car, so it is now flowing more air. That changes all the dynamics in the exhaust. Now, you have taken more backpressure out and need to compensate because i would bet your pressure (boost) has dropped. Long tube headers should be good for about 20rwhp, if tuned and that is still conservative. Haven't you also openned up your exhaust? Time to ECU AND exhaust tune.

You got CELs with the powerchip tune?
jangy is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:00 PM
  #5  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
To really get the most from the exhaust you will. You have modded your car, so it is now flowing more air. That changes all the dynamics in the exhaust. Now, you have taken more backpressure out and need to compensate because i would bet your pressure (boost) has dropped. Long tube headers should be good for about 20rwhp, if tuned and that is still conservative. Haven't you also openned up your exhaust? Time to ECU AND exhaust tune.

You got CELs with the powerchip tune?
Makes sense. I will have to get my tune updated. I guess Vadim can get that done for me.

No, the CEL's would have come on since my O2 sensor is out with my primary cats. Cory took care of the ECU for me with the header purchase.
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:18 PM
  #6  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by psuball1 View Post
Makes sense. I will have to get my tune updated. I guess Vadim can get that done for me.

Definitely can and they have a more refined tune for the stage 5 cars.

No, the CEL's would have come on since my O2 sensor is out with my primary cats. Cory took care of the ECU for me with the header purchase.
I was under the impression that the O2 sensors were shut off by the PC tune anyways is all.

I have a datalogger, if you want to borrow it and see how you are doing. I'd look at a few parameters (mostly IATs, throttle position, and timing) to see how you feel about the tune.
jangy is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
I will be installing mine friday. Hearing the feedback makes me even more excited to install them.
C32madness is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
  #8  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
I was under the impression that the O2 sensors were shut off by the PC tune anyways is all.

I have a datalogger, if you want to borrow it and see how you are doing. I'd look at a few parameters (mostly IATs, throttle position, and timing) to see how you feel about the tune.
I definitely should have the tune checked out. let me a time that we can meet and get this done.
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
  #9  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by C32madness View Post
I will be installing mine friday. Hearing the feedback makes me even more excited to install them.
You will not be disappointed.
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
  #10  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by psuball1 View Post
I definitely should have the tune checked out. let me a time that we can meet and get this done.
I loaned the datalogger to a friend in Vista, but just haven't gone to get it back. How about a mini meet later this week / early next week? I'm in RB / UTC / Vista daily so let me know. Been wanting to meetup with you and bobgod....
jangy is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:42 PM
  #11  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S63 White on Black
do you hear a difference from inside the car I have a s63 and do not want something very load
DEMOJOE is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
  #12  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
I loaned the datalogger to a friend in Vista, but just haven't gone to get it back. How about a mini meet later this week / early next week? I'm in RB / UTC / Vista daily so let me know. Been wanting to meetup with you and bobgod....
I don't have work Friday so if you guys are up for it I can meet.
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:47 PM
  #13  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by DEMOJOE View Post
do you hear a difference from inside the car I have a s63 and do not want something very load
You do when you get on it. I doubt it will be as bad on an S63 due to more sound deadening material.
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 PM
  #14  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by psuball1 View Post
I don't have work Friday so if you guys are up for it I can meet.
Friday it is. I'll keep mine clean, too.
jangy is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 PM
  #15  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by DEMOJOE View Post
do you hear a difference from inside the car I have a s63 and do not want something very load
Your car is a total different animal and my guess is that it will be LOUDER, since the 63 is such higher compression. Just resonator delete puts out a strong growl in the 63s and is barely noticed in the 55ks.
jangy is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 09:58 PM
  #16  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
Friday it is. I'll keep mine clean, too.
lets figure out a time and location.

Anyone else from SD in?
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:05 PM
  #17  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
I can be pretty open Friday and even to where.


psuball...I'll pm you my #, so worst case we can hook up.
jangy is offline  
Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
  #18  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
PM sent
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
  #19  
Banned
 
2K6E55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,489
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMGs
Originally Posted by psuball1 View Post
lets figure out a time and location.

Anyone else from SD in?
Is this meeting happening this Friday?
2K6E55 is offline  
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 PM
  #20  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
psuball1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 701
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by 2K6E55 View Post
Is this meeting happening this Friday?
yes sir
psuball1 is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 12:01 AM
  #21  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
looking like noon in UTC. It would be nice to see the CLS55...
jangy is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 449
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huracan. S63. CL63. E55.
Wish I could make it, I'll be at work...if you guys want to stop by my shop on Balboa Ave that would be OK!! Maybe I could have my guys do some quick details on your cars after all this rain this week haha!!
mchapparone is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bobgodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,545
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55
Friday is good for me too.. Though I can't promise my car will be clean lol.



300 post!!
bobgodd is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
  #24  
Out Of Control!!
 
jangy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,394
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by mchapparone View Post
Wish I could make it, I'll be at work...if you guys want to stop by my shop on Balboa Ave that would be OK!! Maybe I could have my guys do some quick details on your cars after all this rain this week haha!!
Wait!! You talking about the body shop? Sweet!!I need more than just detail work and was planning to hit you up anyways.
Strong reviews in the SD modding community
jangy is offline  
Old 11-26-2008, 11:37 AM
  #25  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bobgodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,545
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by jangy View Post
Wait!! You talking about the body shop? Sweet!!I need more than just detail work and was planning to hit you up anyways.
Strong reviews in the SD modding community
Though it was a small job, I can testify they do quality work!
bobgodd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kleeman Headers Installed


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: