Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate on E46 3-series "AMG HAHA"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
I have THERPY on my C6. I'm trying to think of a great plate for my E63.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Originally Posted by liquiddi
I have THERPY on my C6. I'm trying to think of a great plate for my E63.
BLTZKRG. I like that. Might offend some though.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by psuball1
The funny thing is that M cars have never made anything that has the power that AMG cars have ex 65 and BS series cars.

The M3 took 20 years to become an 8? The M5 13 years? MB has been making 6.3 power house engines since the early 70's

Anyone that has more knowledge with my above statement correct me if I am wrong.
What the hell sort of argument is that? I guess all the Porsche and Nissan GT-R's running sixes must be crap too.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
I just put I1 ULOST on my SL55. It gets a lot of attention.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:17 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by champo
What the hell sort of argument is that? I guess all the Porsche and Nissan GT-R's running sixes must be crap too.
the six in the Porsche and the GT-R has no relation to any BMW product.

My arguement is, if we had Turbos on the M3 or M5 we may have an engine but I guess they left that out.

Merc puts a SC on a 5.5 V8 a TT on a 12 and so on. BMW has never pushed the envelope until recently with the new TT-8 and TT-6 and hopefully future TT M cars.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
the six in the Porsche and the GT-R has no relation to any BMW product.

My arguement is, if we had Turbos on the M3 or M5 we may have an engine but I guess they left that out.

Merc puts a SC on a 5.5 V8 a TT on a 12 and so on. BMW has never pushed the envelope until recently with the new TT-8 and TT-6 and hopefully future TT M cars.
Ferrari don't run turbos either, nor Lamborghini...or the CLK BS, to make this more relevant to the forum.

Producing 100bhp per liter from these NA V8s and V10s is pushing the envelope by my reckoning, and many prefer this route given the increased throttle response and sound from such engines. To say AMGs approach is superior betrays great naivety on your part. It is neither superior nor inferior, it is different that is all.

By your math, Chevy are the be-all and end-all of high performance motoring. They've had big blocks for decades and with the ZR1 they're now fully committed to FI. Viva General Motors.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:45 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Ferrari don't run turbos either, nor Lamborghini...or the CLK BS, to make this more relevant to the forum.

Producing 100bhp per liter from these NA V8s and V10s is pushing the envelope by my reckoning, and many prefer this route given the increased throttle response and sound from such engines. To say AMGs approach is superior betrays great naivety on your part. It is neither superior nor inferior, it is different that is all.

By your math, Chevy are the be-all and end-all of high performance motoring. They've had big blocks for decades and with the ZR1 they're now fully committed to FI. Viva General Motors.
The Ferrari F40 ran turbos! everything after that weighed nothing and had 12cylinder motors with goobs of hp. Lambo's the same. BMW does nothing of the kind. They have one 12 cylinder in their lineup that really is not any better than their 8.

Hey, I like BMW's and always have. I just think that their last run of M cars are not anything to brag about. The E92 M3 would lose to a very modded 335i and I can keep $15K in my pocket. I'm assuming that the 550 tt modded will also better the current M5.

GM has become a performance powerhouse. Maybe due to the lightweight and super HP. Does BMW need a classroom session with a failing GM?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Marko, where was this?? He didn't see my C Klasse!!! I'd love to meet up with this guy in Chicagoland area?? My plates say STNDBAK
My name is Marcus, no Marko

This was in Schaumburg.

-m
Old 11-26-2008, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by 4ociousE55
I just put I1 ULOST on my SL55. It gets a lot of attention.
And what happens when someone pulls up and blows your doors off? A stock SL55 is a fast car, but by no means the king. Even a modified one is not even close to being a king of the streets.

I've never been a fan of plates that automatically declare victory or try to put down a certain engine/car maker/model/etc... it's just asking to get shown up bigtime by someone and having the video put on youtube...

I've had the extreme pleasure of doing that before to an LS1 TransAm with the plates U SLOW (this was with my old SL600), but unfortunately I didn't have a video camera.

The only time I think those plates are really maybe justified is if they are on a car that's trapping 130mph+ in pure street trim... then maybe it's a bit understandable.

-m
Old 11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
The Ferrari F40 ran turbos! everything after that weighed nothing and had 12cylinder motors with goobs of hp. Lambo's the same. BMW does nothing of the kind. They have one 12 cylinder in their lineup that really is not any better than their 8.

?
I was going to mention the F40 but, seeing as it was ltd edition and long since discontinued, didn't think you'd resort to that. For the record, the F355/360/430 all run V8s with less torque and hp than the S85, the Gallardo a V10.

Anyhow, not going to convince you here, especially since you are now bringing up modded vs stock.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:20 PM

04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
I was going to mention the F40 but, seeing as it was ltd edition and long since discontinued, didn't think you'd resort to that. For the record, the F355/360/430 all run V8s with less torque and hp than the S85, the Gallardo a V10.

Anyhow, not going to convince you here, especially since you are now bringing up modded vs stock.
Again, I love BMW's and I was going to sell my E55 for a 4 door M3. I just could not let go of the TQ that the E55 has.

Anyway, I started this thread because of a poser in a E46 330i that had a bogus plate on his car. I think any BMW or Merc guy can agree that plates like that are ridicolous.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM

I really admire both companies.

As for BMW, the V10 is nearly a streetable F1 engine. It sounds of pure sex and the ability to rev to 8-9000 RPM’s is great for an engine of it’s size.

I never liked how the E55 would stop at 6….. Seems like it should go higher. Plus BMW’s VANOS system is now really good.

We haven’t even brought up the transmissions. The manuals are precise and enjoyable and the dual clutch systems are nothing short of amazing. Did they not release the SMG in early 2000? Merc is just coming around with the new trannies in the SLK 55 and SL63.

As for interiors, I have to go with Mercedes. It seems like the materials used and ergonomics are some what superior.

BMW and Mercedes are no chop shops. They offer different things for different tastes.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:39 PM

Again, I love BMW's and I was going to sell my E55 for a 4 door M3. I just could not let go of the TQ that the E55 has.

Anyway, I started this thread because of a poser in a E46 330i that had a bogus plate on his car. I think any BMW or Merc guy can agree that plates like that are ridicolous.
Those plates are just asking for road rage.... or your doors being blown off.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 AM

not currently a benz
"No, no no, we don't mean you, we mean the C-Class AMG guys"

I hope he wasn't talking about the C63? That would pretty much kill him I think.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody, Porsche Cayenne, International Scout
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
... He looked back at me after I stopped, and started laughing - and without me even saying a word, he says: "No, no no, we don't mean you, we mean the C-Class AMG guys"

-m
Classic....
AMG