LET tuned and road test!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
LET tuned and road test!

Service, service serive and fast , fast fast! As many of you know; I held out for a while on the tune and glad I did! Jerry/LET flying into Houston and offering a guaranted tune on the spot is unbeatable. Price is fabulous and the car feels great!

Here is how it went down: I was out of town most the weekend but Jerry was able accomodate my Saturday evening time frame for a tune. We met , open the hood , turn a few things off and then hook the magic tune box up.. Four minutes later,, he says test it out and see if you like it.. I pull out on the street, hit the gas from my normal 28mph and no traction at all!! Throttle response is was way up. When I hit second gear, if felt like a had a double pulley kick and then pure [b]hyper space blast off [b] I was sold, and quickly turned around and went back to pay Jerry. Talk about service, Jerry made you feel like part of the TUNE family.Once tuned, I was assured that all my future tune needs would be taken care of, even some of the custom needs I inquired about!

Made four, back to back to back data-log runs today in 60 deg. weather.. Made all runs from 28-110 on each run.. No traction at all in first and into second.. Timing is way up now and my 02mv readings are very healthy per data log. Even though the car was running 11.7`s, timing and fuel were all over the place but now are stable!

BTW, IAT`s never went over 124 deg.!!! Aux . H/E was doing its job and all runs were done within 10 seconds apart or so.. That is beating on it!

PS, either mail your ECU to LET or have them do it in person, either way you are in good hands.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 12-01-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g63
thanks for the review....hearing nothing but good things about LET....looks like that is who i have will have to go as well....enjoy the new tune!!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT-R
congrats..gald to see Jerry took care of you as well. LET is top notch. Now take your beast to the track and shatter your 11.7 record.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:47 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Nice review, LET is definitely going to be draining my bank account when I pick up an e55 here in the next few months. Could Wayne have pulled some more power of it if he had been able to get it up on a dyno rather than just flashing the car in a few minutes?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:52 PM

Porsche 06' CTT, Porsche 01' 996TT & MB 04' E55-AMG
^I would have to say yes, almost always you will get a more power and a better running car if you tune it on the dyno. Atleast in the Porsche world you do

Christian
Old 11-30-2008, 11:21 PM

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by ChristianR
^I would have to say yes, almost always you will get a more power and a better running car if you tune it on the dyno. Atleast in the Porsche world you do

Christian
I would imagine so too, I wonder how much difference there is between a LET internet tune compared to a LET dyno tune?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:34 AM

S500
Its good to be in the Tuning Bussiness made how much 2.5k in 4 minutes?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by OceanPkwy
you need to check again. besides the customer service that let's buyers speak about, the most respectable concept about them is that they don't rape their customers for a tune like others do!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 41 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by chiromikey
you need to check again. besides the customer service that let's buyers speak about, the most respectable concept about them is that they don't rape their customers for a tune like others do!!!
+1000000
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
I would have to say yes, almost always you will get a more power and a better running car if you tune it on the dyno. Atleast in the Porsche world you do
I would imagine so too, I wonder how much difference there is between a LET internet tune compared to a LET dyno tune?
Yesterday 11:52 PM
You guys are both way off the mark.. Did you not see the word service? I have two simple bolt on mods only.. My choice, to pick the stage two proven tune and then add from there. This is not a Porsche, car with custom cams, Nitrous, meth inj and larger injectors( LET can accommodate those needs too). Dyno`s are just a tool and they are by no means equal to real time racing..

My options were to test drive the car, track test the car (I bet that is a new term for you) data log and even dyno tune. No tuner offers that kind of full meal package period. Second, LET will have on going tuning capabilities in the Houston area, so my TUNE will continue. LET does not just take your money and walk away, they continue to take care of you and grow your mods/Tune with you.. If you prefer the dyno, then LET can tune you on most any dyno of your choice from what I understand. I think one of you has to buy get the E55 first though..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 12-01-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
there is nothign wrong with a proven off the shelf tune to start, it will be light years ahead of stock ..... but dyno tuning for just a pulley add on seems like overkill to me. i am sure by now LET has a number of solid tunes ready to go. wayne and jerry are good people !
Old 12-01-2008, 10:11 AM

I had the oppertunity of speaking with Jerry over the phone,and meeting Wayne in person........two better person will be hard to find,not only are they straight up guys,but they are very knowledgeable on MB performance,and honest in telling you which way to go.....and offer just as good or better tune than their competetion.They have a host of R&D going on....which will hopefully hit the market soon that will push them ahead of the competetion.They said whatever they do....they will try to make their product affordable as allways,along with their great service.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by OceanPkwy
I paid nowhere near that amount and my car was on the dyno for MUCH longer than that

Load bearing dyno tune > Generic mail order tune
Old 12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by prodigymb
there is nothign wrong with a proven off the shelf tune to start, it will be light years ahead of stock ..... but dyno tuning for just a pulley add on seems like overkill to me. i am sure by now LET has a number of solid tunes ready to go. wayne and jerry are good people !

I agree..

dyno for just a pulley not needed.. you will feel the difference.

I had the opportunity to dyno and tune on the same day and I just got the 'shelf' file.. and it works great.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Service, service serive and fast , fast fast! As many of you know; I held out for a while on the tune and glad I did! Jerry/LET flying into Houston and offering a guaranted tune on the spot is unbeatable. Price is fabulous and the car feels great!

Here is how it went down: I was out of town most the weekend but Jerry was able accomodate my Saturday evening time frame for a tune. We met , open the hood , turn a few things off and then hook the magic tune box up.. Four minutes later,, he says test it out and see if you like it.. I pull out on the street, hit the gas from my normal 28mph and no traction at all!! Throttle response is was way up. When I hit second gear, if felt like a had a double pulley kick and then pure [b]hyper space blast off [b] I was sold, and quickly turned around and went back to pay Jerry. Talk about service, Jerry made you feel like part of the TUNE family.Once tuned, I was assured that all my future tune needs would be taken care of, even some of the custom needs I inquired about!

Made four, back to back to back data-log runs today in 60 deg. weather.. Made all runs from 28-110 on each run.. No traction at all in first and into second.. Timing is way up now and my 02mv readings are very healthy per data log. Even though the car was running 11.7`s, timing and fuel were all over the place but now are stable!

BTW, IAT`s never went over 124 deg.!!! Aux . H/E was doing its job and all runs were done within 10 seconds apart or so.. That is beating on it!

PS, either mail your ECU to LET or have them do it in person, either way you are in good hands.
enjoy your beast..

I have yet to find a place to let her go WOT... I just don't have enough space around here and most of the time I'm driving with my wife and kids.

But its nice to know.. I have enough to keep up with the newer 4 door sport sedans.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by TopGun32
enjoy your beast..

I have yet to find a place to let her go WOT... I just don't have enough space around here and most of the time I'm driving with my wife and kids.

But its nice to know.. I have enough to keep up with the newer 4 door sport sedans.

We have basically the same mods but you are at least 250lbs lighter! I know what you feel now!

We use long farm roads with no side street mergers and just have to watch for animals crossing My wife monitors the ATAP on the runs, or we take turns to keep the driving experience fun for all.. She bought the tune for my B day.. Hmmm, now what do we need for X mas?? Maybe something that ends in a 65..
Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 PM

W211 E55
This thread is yet another example of LET satisfying their consumer base and expanding. They REALLY do take care of their customers. Their price points have always been just about untouchable and their service has proven itself bar none, IMHO. I would comfortably recommend them to anyone without hesitation.